main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Ed Erdelac Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    A long-time Star Wars fan, Ed first became an officially published Star Wars author with his short story, Fists of Ion, published in 2008 - a dream come true for an aspiring author and a diehard fan.

This is the place where you get to talk to the fellow. Please welcome Ed!

2. Caledre

Caledre Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks for the welcome, Keralys! I was in the theater in '79 when they re-released A New Hope. I think it was the first or second movie I ever saw with my parents. When WEG's great RPG came out I ran a game for two years with my friends in college. I never did lose the Star Wars bug. I started writing SW fan fics on these boards maybe two years ago. Then the What's The Story feature came around, and that was a godsend. I didn't find out about it until July of '07 and I submitted every month. I managed to concoct three winning entries and I guess that got Pablo's attention. I was included in a kind of mass recruitment email and invited to pitch ideas. Fists Of Ion was one of them...

This year's been good to me fiction-wise. I write a lot of horror and had a weird western story (Killer Of The Dead) published in Murky Depths magazine over in the UK.

3. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Apart from the abundance of WEG references in your work Mr. Erdelac, there was at least one major tie in to the Marvel comic run. Are you a fan of the Marvel comics, or was the reference brought about by the Aliens in the Empire article?

4. Caledre

Feb 2, 2006
    Hey Four Dot,

I am a fan, though I don't own too many of them. I've got the original 'Giant Sized' adaptations of A New Hope, plus about six or seven very battered old issues. The reference to S'kar in Abel's work did inspire me to go back and take a look at the Calians, and it was their berserker ability that sold me on making Lobar one of their number.

5. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Did you do any research with the old CCG cards and such for your Yoxgit and Bane Malar and other entries?

6. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    As he answered you here:

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Unlock and bump.

8. Caledre

Feb 2, 2006
    Hey all, thought I'd drop a few lines about my horror novella 'Dubaku' coming out from Damnation Books on September first in ebook (print later on this month).

THE BLURB: In 1760 somewhere near the Bight Of Benin, an African shaman belonging to an obscure interior tribe surrenders himself willingly to an English slaving expedition. This man, Dubaku, has come in search of his wife, abducted and sold to another party of whites. Not knowing one ship from another, Dubaku boards the slaver hoping to find her. The captain, a cruel and careless man named Bryce, mistrusts him immediately, and when a rampant sickness takes its toll on the superstitious crew and their human cargo midway through the voyage to Jamaica, Bryce decides to offer up Dubaku as their Jonah.

After a violent squall drowns the entire compliment of would-be slaves, Dubaku calls upon dark and terrible powers to enact a fitting vengeance on Captain Bryce and his men.

The Kindle version is already available from amazon.com. It can be downloaded straight from the publisher at www.damnationbooks.com starting tomorrow (and I believe they're offering some kind of deal to the first few orders), as well as various ebook purveyors across the net. The print edition is due out toward the end of September, so I'll put up a note about that as well - I think you'll be able to order that from Barnes and Noble.

Before anybody asks, I've never seen an episode of 24, though apparently the not so common African name is shared by a character on the show. I got it off a babyname site somewhere around the summer of 2008. I guess the writers looked up the same site as I did - or else the character are distantly related. :)

Anyway, thanks for looking!

MTFBWY

9. Caledre

Feb 2, 2006
    Howdy ever'body!

My new weird western anthology 'Merkabah Rider: Tales of a High Planes Drifter' is now available in ebook formats from www.damnationbooks.com and in Kindle edition on Amazon. Print edition is due next month.

Set in the late 1870's, it follows The Rider, a mysterious Hasidic Jewish gunslinger as he tracks the renegade teacher who betrayed his mystic order across a demon haunted Arizona Territory. Along the way he encounters a possessed sharpshooter, a vengeful ju ju man, a cult of Molech worshippers, and a bordello of antedelluvian succubi.

Ash Arceneaux over at Swamp Dweller Book Revies was kindly in saying of MR:ToaHPD (couldn't resist that :)) -

'This is one of those books that suck you in from page one! Damnation Books have been hit or miss. Merkabah Rider is definitely a bull?s-eye, dead-on, brain-busting hit. Mr. Erdelac?s skill as a historian, researcher, and writer all shine in this novel. It?s not often that I gush over books, but I have no problem doing it with this one. The attention to detail, historical and religious, is phenomenal.' (full review at http://swampdweller.wordpress.com/)

Give it a try!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.