main
side
curve

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Force Ghost star 6

Apr 27, 2014

greyjedi125 likes this.
  2. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    @darthbernael

You might find the Gray Jedi/Sith known as the Jensaari an interesting study, since they were founded by an Azanti. ;)

[​IMG]

Darth Marr would have made a great Jensaari, his devotion to the dark side and his embracing of the final line of the Jedi Code, “There is no Death, There is the Force,” would have made him an excellent candidate for the Jensaari.

[​IMG]

3. darthbernael

darthbernael Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2019
    Uzuriel smiles slightly at the Jensaarai reference

Young one, and no insult intended there, I have a question. You may have read some of Darth Bernael and his mission, more outside the Sith story of Dark Reach but in other stories, so what do you think one influence may have been to create that mission?

Kato Sai likes this.
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Uzuriel @darthbernael , are you speaking of the mission of the slaves? Where overhearing two slave traders speak you have to respond in RP style? Or do you mean a different mission?

darthbernael likes this.
  5. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Smiles slightly once again, the cup in his hand close to his mouth.

There is a deep mission that Bernael has been upon for millennia, outside of the tender mercies of either the Jedi or Sith. It may seem subtle to those who don't know it but it is there. He works for a....being, for lack of a better word, in opposition to one who seeks the End of Time.

greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Most curious.. a being.. hmmm.. I read in the early Jedi texts (Jedi Path, 1st Ed.) that the early Jed’aii saw the Force not as a cosmic energy field devoid of a personhood, but in contrast the Force was believed to be an entity.

greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  7. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    The slight smile stays as Uzuriel's eyes glitter a bright steely grey.

Those early learners may be more right than they know.

greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.
  8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    It does seem through time the purity of the teachings can fall under a fog of commentary and broad interpretation. Those Seers of the Jed'aii intrigue me.. I wish to study their words before the Jedi and Sith Schisms and Wars.

Uzuriel, do you know where sacred texts of the Ancient Seers are kept?

9. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Hmmmm, most likely, if you can find references from the tale Dawn of the Jedi or find the tale itself, that is your best reference to that information.

As to any other source...

The faint smile returns

Seeking the knowledge without others personal bias as to the works is often the best path.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Kato Sai and greyjedi125 like this.
  10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU Mod - Aussie Queen star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    listens from the shadows.

Kato Sai and darthbernael like this.
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Uzuriel @darthbernael

Indeed, personal bias can be purged to an extent. I carry with me teachings from the Jedi and Sith, and yet the Gray Path is uncharted space, the ”Undiscovered Country” of the Force. It breaks our hubris and labels, our prejudices of Light and Dark. The dogmas of the Polar Orders have wisdom, but they are like a shadow on a wall, but what castes the shadow? That is what I seek, the Great Mystery.. perhaps a being as you alluded to.

Mediate on this I will, and search the texts of the Seers, and the unorthodox Sith lords. Persons like Qui-Gon Jinn, Revan, and Darth Malgus saw like a window into the Mystery because they refused to be blindly dogmatic and as you said, they suspended their biases to learn.

12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    "The Undiscovered Country...." Polmath echoed distractedly, then smiled softly.

"Forgive me, my attention was drawn away momentarily, but I am fully aware of your contribution." He nodded respectfully as he regained his undivided attention. "Indeed, without proper focus and care, we can become prejudiced and biased, slowly given to falsehoods and deviate from the objective and true path." A different kind of smile crossed the bearded force users visage, one which denoted knowing and introspection. An unspoken memory.

"But, indeed: What casts the shadow? that is a very good question." His gaze now returned to both Uzuriel @darthbernael and Zen @Kato Sai. He was aware of others who were around, listening. All were welcomed, either to participate, debate or merely be, as long as they kept the peace.

"I would like to preface that question with a different one. What is meant by 'too much light?'. I always found that to be a problematic saying." Absently, Polmath began stroking his beard.

"What think you of this?" He asked all those who were present.

Mitth_Fisto and Kato Sai like this.
  13. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Uzuriel smiled thinly at the question. “Hardly anyone ever questions that there can be too much darkness, given that in absolute darkness all manner of chaos and destruction is and would be possible. But no one believes or thinks that is possible at the opposite end of the spectrum.”

He leaned back in the chair he occupied, gazing around the space, taking in the others that were listening, probably had their own opinions on the matter, but he knew, from long, long experience, what the various outcomes were.

“Think of it this way, too much light washes out all color, all diversity, all chances for competition. Too much darkness brings about overwhelming chaos, change, wildness. Too much light brings about static, inability to change, absolute obedience to the light and it’s unchanging ways. Going completely into the light becomes almost more tyrannical than a complete fall into darkness; a tyranny of love versus the anarchy of chaos.”

He sipped his drink once more, steel grey eyes glinting sharply. “In a time of darkness, those heroes of the light must band together to push back the darkness. In a time of light, those of a dark orientation find themselves reluctant heroes as they fight that tyranny to allow the shadows to exist and change, diversity to return.”

Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  14. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    "That, phrase....." Polmath began after taking in all that Uzuriel the wise had spoken. "...Tyranny of Love." He let that hang in the air between them for a moment.

"If you don't mind, please explain it and give an example. My personal assumptions fail me, and I would like explore this 'concept' with you."

It was clear there was much the grey force user wished to interchange with a like minded being.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 5:15 PM
    Mitth_Fisto and darthbernael like this.
  15. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Uzuriel’s eyes went distant as he pondered, He’d used the phrasing of the concept and was parsing through his memories to bring forth an example. “I would not say those in the light would realize where their path leads when they head down such a one. They begin, believing they are helping all those they serve or protect, to keep their wards safe, to assist them to become the best of themselves. But, over time, they would, or do see themselves as the bearers or protectors of the knowledge of what is best for their wards and instead of assisting, or guiding them, they begin believing it is their responsibility to cause those wards to follow that path that they believe is the way to the best in them.”

His eyes refocused and looked across the table at Polmath, “You want an example, look no further than the Jedi and the various Dark Orders, Sith included. The Prime Jedi and his followers knew and believed they were the light in the darkness and the darkness in the light. But, over the eons, those that adhered to the light grew more and more rigid and unrelenting to those who leaned toward the dark and thus, time and again cast them out, making them seem or believe that the dark was evil and vile.”

Sipping from his drink again, he set it down, “I will not defend the dark itself, as many of those that were cast out had fallen so far into the dark that they were as those that served the light were not. But the original purpose, a fluid Order that balanced the light and dark, protecting and guiding those of both orientations was lost, further dividing the galaxy and, honestly, leading to most of the large scale conflicts that have ravaged it over time.”

He had another example to hand, but did not know if this Grey Jedi knew the story of the Master and the Protectors of Nouane.

Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.