main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    OK. Why?

2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Experimentation is wrong, in my opinion unless voluntary. We have seen the likes of Cyclo or Doctor Evazan who has made the decraniated who had their minds wiped and are essentially organic droids.

3. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    Yeah, it would really depend on the context for me. Is the grey scientist experimenting on volunteer patients, or prisoners against their will? And if the latter, it's possible the suffering of a few would save the many.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    wakes up.

Uh, what do you want? o_O[face_tired]

Yawns[face_tired][face_tired]

5. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Good morning, ma'am. What would you respond to my query?

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    This? Don't know what you mean.......do you mean if I came across someone doing that what would I do as a Grey Jedi?:confused:

7. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    There are groups that are kinda already like this in the galaxy, for instance, the Jarvashqiine are a group of force-worshiping shamans who practice their religion using blood rituals, and to remove these rituals from their practice is to block their connection to the force. Now I know it's not the exact same thing as human experimentation, however, it is safe to assume that this tribe would use live sacrifices since not much is known about their rituals. But it could simply be them practicing self-mutilation or familial blood bonding.

So if I encountered such a tribe like the Javashqiine I would be fascinated, Palpatine reportedly studied under them. But for what purpose we will never know as he never finished his manifesto called the Dark Side Compendium. I would observe them and see what secrets he learned, any tribe that practices their beliefs in radical ways like this will always have my attention.

@Adalia-Durron, @DarthIshyZ seeks to know your perspective on tribes that practice the force using body modifications. Would you study them? Would you admonish them? Would you exterminate them? I'm eager to know your answer as well :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, extermination would be out of the question, who am I to decide what it wrong and write in their situation? So long as those participating were willing, I'd probably leave well enough alone if they kept it to themselves. Not so sure I'd study them either, its like I accept gender queer in my world, so long as its not hurting anyone not willing and I have no desire to study it. ;) Live and let live, so long as it doesn't hurt anyone and its not forced on others.

9. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    May I sometimes post random media I believe would interest this fan club? Such as pics, memes, vids

10. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    That sounds.....AWESOME!

11. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
  12. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Tzenti sat on a felled log, his Whills Visor obscured by a red hood. He sat quiet as the discussion carried on, silence was now his disposition.

13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    @DarthIshyZ

You asked:

if you encountered a "Grey" that believed in human experimentation, what would you say?

Musing to self: Hmm. Not such a simple question, but I think I see where you might be going with this.

Speaking:

I would question the necessity of human experimentation by anyone, but definitely if conducted by a ‘Grey’.

The fact that I’ve come across such experimentation would be significant, as there would be a reason for it, for such a discovery would not be mere coincidence.

Nature does in fact, re-balance and evolve a species, adapts them to changes that might imperil their survival. Nature and the Force have already taken into account the possibility of change or alteration. We’ve seen evidence of this through our galaxy. So, to think that we could improve on the grand design is nothing short of arrogant.

Among the many questions I would pose would be; What is the nature of the experiment and by what authority is it being conducted? Ethical questions would come into play. Is this experimentation by force or subterfuge? What is the chief purpose and who really benefits, if at all.

Generally speaking;

A subtraction causes an addition: If our sight begins to fail, our other sense improve to compensate.

An addition causes a subtraction: A mechanical appendage, though stronger, does not have nerve endings for us to feel with, and may cause loss of dexterity.

So what complications are being created when we meddle with more nuanced systems? Is any of it a true necessity? or is it just the realization of an individual's vanity, the exertion of one's will over others?

The term 'human experimentation' has gained negative connotations for a reason and 'time' has not absolved it.

Other questions I would ask: What is my role, now that I have encountered this? Am I there to end it, to assist? or maybe something else altogether? Is this a lesson? A test?

As Greys we know ‘to choose and act’, for every action has a reaction, and even inaction is a choice with consequences. Ultimately, whatever we do, should be done under the leading of the Force, for our mission is not our own.

This is not an exhaustive answer, but points in the direction of my understanding. I hope this helps ( especially with the other question you may or may not be asking, lol.)

The Force is One.

EDITED: For a plethora of typos. :oops:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    *Tzenti having taken the custom temporary vow of silence, took a piece of papyrus and began to write...*

“Experimentation is paved with good intentions, often with the aim to augment or heal, but the reality is it has created monsters.

A wise man once said, “we murder to dissect,” (Wordsworth) and indeed sentient experimentation is the same. The claims that this enterprise of discovery will reap benefits is outweighed by the damage it does. If we trust the Force, we know that all is as it wills, and we should not tamper with the natural order lest we create horrors like the Terentatak: Rancors who feed on the Force like Wounds in the Force.

Those who seek to heal should learn from the Force and sages the art of commanding the Force to mend the body more naturally. The methods of experimentation and Midi-chlorian manipulation lead to a dark place, and while we embrace the dark side as Gray, is it the Will of the Force to experimemt via technologies and the Force to sustain life at all costs? Vader was saved by such experimentation but was left to suffer physically tell his death; this aided in his redemption, but he also was able to terrorize the galaxy, wipe out numerious Jedi in the Purge, and supported the construction of the planet destroying Death Star. Besides Vader’s redemption is lacking in poignancy, the Emperor survived and Rey was the one to end his reign.

I saw mention of the Nightsisters being lightsiders, this is baffling, did not Mother Talzin, a Nightsister say, “I use dark magic to achieve power. Talzin to Queen Julia. As a Bardottan, you possess a strong connection to the Living Force, a connection that will now be mine. With the combined power of your spirit and my dark magic, I will become more powerful than any Sith or Jedi.”

I do find it interesting the Nightsisters wear red robes like us Disciples of the Whills. I have a theory for why this is and must do more research before proposing such a theory.”

*Winds scroll of papyrus up and hands it to @greyjedi125 and @DarthLshyz

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  15. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    I'm very pro science, and most of all pro medicine. Scientists need to experiment on volunteers to study medicine and treatments to help the population. This applies to both the Star Wars galaxy and real life. There aren't enough Force users skilled at healing to address even a tiny fraction of health problems suffered by countless everyday people.

Science, like the Force, can be used for good or evil. It has its dichotomy.

darthbernael and Narancia like this.
  16. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    This is why I asked the question! Most every response was "I want to know more before I pass judgement." Exactly!

The same applies to using the Force. We can all call a power "evil" or "good" but we need to know more about what they're doing. A Sith could be shooting Force lightning... to kill a poisonous snake in the temple to save the rest of the people in the temple. A Jedi could be using levitation... to hold a man over a precipice for "agressive negotiations."

17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I tend to be cautionary, and thus emphasize what can go wrong. Your prespective brings balance to mine.

18. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    I think this is referring to the EU's version of them as they were formed by the teachings of Jedi knight Allya and they tried to live up to her Jedi philosophy calling themselves the daughters of Allya.

Sometimes I get sad over the stories lost and retconned by TCW and Disney, now this heart-warming story is lost.

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    So in EU/Legends the Nightsisters were Lightsiders but in TCW they are darksiders. Hmmm..

In the EU/Legends were the Nightsisters witches?

20. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    Yeah, but the name didn't inherently mean they were "Darksiders." It's a blanket term used by non-force sensitive who had no idea or concept of the force to describe how unnatural they were. It's like when the residents of Tatooine called Kenobi a crazy old wizard.

Honestly, TCW is not EU friendly, it changed a lot and discarded the Clone Wars multimedia project. I could honestly make a list of the many many retcons the series made. But I'm one of the few that believes that Star Wars is a mythos and doesn't inherently belong to one person or company.

Edit:

Not to mention that the empire having Jedi hunting Inquisitors isn't a new concept either.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    A distinct is made in Legends between "Witches of Dathomir" and "Nightsisters".

"The Witches of Dathomir" is a term for all force users of Dathomir, light side and dark side alike.

"The Nightsisters" is a specific group of Witches, who have embraced the Dark Side.

22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    This is most elightening, thank you Iron Lord.

I am quite a novice on all things TCW. I rely on the guidance of fans or those who have seen the whole series.

1439488[/URL]]@Narancia Indeed, witch or wizard is terms for the uninitiated.

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    To be fair, even the Jedi (and they themselves) used the term "witch" a lot.

24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    For shame! They ought to know better.

[​IMG]

25. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    Happy 1000th post on the Grey Jedi Board!