main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  3. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Very nice. :D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  4. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    [​IMG]

Arren DeVaga
    Dark Jedi and Wanderer

Sex: F
    Hght: 5'7"
    Wght: 125
    Hair: Dark reddish brown
    Eyes: Green

Members of her old social circles had all died or drifted away. Her old haunts fell to ruin. And so she set out to learn about the Force.

First she joined the Jedi. They instructed her to flow with the Force, while seeking mastery over her own heart and mind. But her teachers said that she lacked discipline, that she was too passionate. Feeling out of place, she left the Order.

The Sith seemed a promising start. With them she trained to harness the dark side, and sharpen her passions into a weapon for her personal ambitions. But she soon proved too defiant for her superiors, and they banished her.

And so she wandered, and suffered many indignities over the years.

The pain of alienation has now turned to cold bitterness. She views the galaxy with cynicism. Trusting nobody, and questioning everything, she still believes that allies are valuable, and wisdom is power.

5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Le Morte de Masque

Inspired By Rancor Pit Duel

For many years Nkri had hidden his face behind a metal viel. The former Jedi Knight and Sith Acolyte had kept his shame and insecurity concealed beneath the helm, which was unable to contain the feelings of self loathing he had now unlearned. It was the stroke of a brother, a Jenasaraai that tore the visor asunder. Nkri for the first time in many years felt the cool air on his skin and his eye naked and seen by his sparing partner.

The cut leff a mark, a scar above the eyebrow and below the lower eyelid, a mark born by Anakin Skywalker. The Chosen One had donned a mask in his misery, but in moments of his redemption beckoned to his son, “help me take this mask off.”

Tzenti took off the broken helm, long curled stands of blondish brown hair fell and a pale white face was accented with bright larimar blue eyes. Nkri looked at the mask and held it over a pit. For so long he had allowed the masque to make others fear him and to hide his fear. The Grey Jedi Novice let the plated helm loose and it fell into shadow. Tzenti took a deep breath. No more hiding, no more placing confidence in a piece of metal. The Disciple stepped away from the pit and walked, his cape of red flowing in the wind.

It was the end of self doubt, of self shame, and self torment. Ahead awaited a future where he would face his enemies face to face, as well as allies and friends.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Nkri stood at a grove, great oblisks of stonework rose around him as he stood in a circle. The Disciple raised his hands to touch his naked face, so pale from his years of comcealment. Many scars from the days of torment.. great fissures that he ran his fingers through. The touch of these old wounds made him see a memory of a chair of obsidian, and a device of scourging. He felt his eyes flare a magma color. Tormentum was still there. The mask had been shed, but now the shadow of the terror he once was had to be mastered and brought into balance. Bolts of red lightning leapt from Nkri’s finger tips towards the obelisks which acted as conduits. He felt it, the cold chill inside.. Bogan. He had let it be his master before, now to bend it to the Will of the Force, the dark side would know its place.

TAG: @Ava G.

7. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

Force lightning crackled and danced down the black monuments.

"Has anyone told you that you're handsome?" A woman sat and relaxed at the base of an obelisk. She was wrapped in a blanket, her form cloaked by shadows. Dark hair fell past her shoulders, curled at the edges. "Or am I the first..."

This spot of the grove served as her quiet, secret place. She rested and healed, drawing dark energies from the soil. Hoping the past wouldn't suddenly descend and kill her.

In the rare times another soul passed by, she moved only her eyes, gaze following until they left.

Nkri, however... was a reoccuring character in her play. And his importance to her had yet to fully unfold.

@Kato Sai

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Nkri Tzenti

Nkri channeled the tormenting rage through the burgandy bolts, he felt a release, all the pent up pain came through the pricked fingers that sent a pressure through them that turners into gnarled streams of red that reached the points of the obelisks. Then as The Disciple sought to take back control, he heard a voice which broke his concentration and the current of crimson bolts.

The voice echoed in his mind, as the Grey Jedi’s amber eyes returned to their topaz pools.

“Handsome? Handsome.” Nkri uttered aloud as he proccessed the words of the Lady in Shadow.

“I must confess you are the first.. milady”

The Disciple felf his fingers sting, the draining energy suddenly took its toll, for he had not summoned any healing or strength to himself, rather the obelisks took from him. Nkri sought to catch himself as one leg buckled, he felt disoriented, and reached for the side of one of the monoliths to steady himself.

9. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

Curious. Nkri seemed to be releasing stored anger. And the act left him off balance.

There was wisdom in facing one's emotions. Anything else would be cowardice. Some people expressed their emotions verbally with others. While others transformed their darkness to raw power and offered it back to nature.

Arren observed him, eyes slitting. Her fingernails itched. A small voice within whispered that now would be the ideal instant to attack, to strike him down. He was so vulnerable. Thin the herd...

She took a deep breath and looked away, body loosening again. But no. It would disrupt destiny. The Universal Force told her that much.

TAG: @Kato Sai

greyjedi125 and Narancia like this.
  10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Disciple felt his conciousness begin to slip, then he almost blacked out, but in that moment his strength came back like a rush, a geyser of molten fire, and he ignited his Ruby lightsaber and cut one of the obelisks asunder. The monolith split in two, the point hurled down a hill. The ring pulsed as if wounded, a purple hue of light emerged, and a being in a hood stood surrounded by violent violet bolts of lightning. It then began to unleashs bolts at The Grey Jedi who deflected them with his saber blade.

“What have I awoken?”

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  11. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    Why is there so much sexual tension lol.

darthbernael likes this.
  12. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

Quite without warning, the man drew his lightsaber and cut the obelisk where she sat. The top sailed over her, then rolled down the hill.

Arren yelled and got to her feet, both surprised and annoyed. Purple energy joined the ring of tall stones. What was this?

She ran for the trees, blanket scraping dirt and grass as she went. So much for a quiet, lonely meditation.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Disciple continued to deflect the bolts of violet that hutled at him. He hid behind the other obelisks and deflected the bolts back, but nothing seemed to faze this Shade. Nkri them saw the broken point and reaching out with the Force he levitated the piece and tried to return it to the broken column, it was heavy and work was slow, besides the barrage continued from the being in the circle. The point connected back, and there was a pause.

“At last!”

The point setteld for a moment on the precipice, and there waa calm, then it fell once more, this time into the cicle and the being became crazed and firing bolts of violet lightning in every direction. The Grey Jedi choose the only course of action left, he ran. Little did he know he was headed in same direction as the Dark Lady.

14. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

Sounds of blasting electricity grew fainter as she traveled deeper into the forest, headed for the Temple of Bogan.

The Temple had been her refuge for the past several weeks. She had read much since landing on this planet and finding the Dark Library; but nothing about cloaked, spectral entities. This place was full of strangeness to uncover, no doubt.

Slowing, she turned and stepped onto the path that connected the glade to the temple. A presence spiked her radar, and she heard footfalls in the underbrush.

Nkri broke into view nearby.

Was it a relief that he was alive? Arren paused and crossed her arms, waiting for some explanation as to what had happened back there.

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Disciple had escaped in a sigle bound, his hair moist with sweat and his red robes drenched. He took several deep breaths, and then saw he had arrived at the Temple of Bogan, which he had evaded trying to reconnect with Ashla at its Temple high in white mountains.

Nkri saw the Dark Lady with arms crossed. Why had the Force brought them to the same place, twice? Who was this woman whose aura was cloaked in shadow and did not betray her identity.

The Grey Jedi decided to approach this stranger and after deep breath said,

“Are you hurt? Did the being wound you?”

The Disciple was trying to maintain his composure, he felt vulnerable without his visor, his every emotion betrayed on his face. For so long he had allowed the veil, the mask hide his feelings and thoughts, now he had to learn how to control his expressions.

16. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

The man appeared to have gotten some exercise this afternoon, his hair messy, garnet robes scraped and dirty. A bead of sweat dribbled to his jaw.

"I'm all right," Arren said as she watched Nkri's face. She sensed his slight discomfort. "If we're to keep crossing paths, I suppose we should at least trade names. Arren DeVaga, user of the dark side."

He would have to forgive her "blanket robe" and the bits of leaves in her mussed hair.

17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Grey Jedi eyed the Woman whose name had been revealed to him. He peered at her lomg jet black lovks that curled, twigs and leaves seeming to have made a crown, or so it seemed to him.

Nkri wiped his beow and face with the long burgundy sleeve. He then pulled the hood over his wet hair to dry it. After a pause he replied to Arren, “My name is Nkri, Nkri Tzenti.”

The Disciple of the Whills sensed the chill of Bogan radiatinc around this Lady. Her admitting to being a practioner of the dark side was a curious highlight in the few words she exchanged. Seeking guidence from the Force, The Grey Jedi spoke once more:

“I apologize for that scene bsck at the shrine. I am not sure what that ‘thing’ was.”

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    So this is a role play thread now? Interesting.........kinda alienating those who don't want to play your game ;)

@Kato Sai - the discussion we were having in the Blue Moon.....The Certain point of view thing, how would you, as a Grey Jedi have handled that situation you posted?

darthbernael likes this.
  19. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    The front page makes it clear that it's (in part) a role-playing thread, and posters have been role-playing off and on since the beginning, from what I can tell.

I don't know how us doing a public one-on-one is alienating. People are welcome to join.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    greyjedi125, Narancia and Kato Sai like this.
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Well anyone could join in if they so desire, we are developing our characters. :)

Plus it makes the thread more active in absence of tasks or current discussions. ;)

Your query Master Jedi is fascinating one. To recap for those not privy to our discussion, we were discussing the idea set by Master Kenobi of “a certain point of view, you will find many of the truths we cling to depend on our point of view.” I raise the rebuttal of what if your “point of view excludes all views,” as in the case of Vader’s, “if you are not with me, you are my enemy.”

As a Grey I would argue that there are different points of view, the Force makes this evident in the poles of light and dark, and yet because there are two poles it is possible to have Vader’s absolutist view, because there is Light and there is Dark; one or the other. However, we Grey believe the Force is One, that the points of view the Jedi and Sith have are both right; the Jedi are right that we have different vantages and perspectives, but the Sith are right that there are absolutes, a right and a wrong path, good and evil; granted Kenobi in his sagely advice says “cerrtain point of view,” and then declares Vader is “twisted and evil.” I would say rather the Jedi are as absolutist as the Sith, but the Jedi are more open to varying perspectives of truth (the mystery of the Force, further revelation), the Sith are more dogmatic in their dark side philosophy so as not to become weary of varying perspectives (so open minded your brain falls out); although the vast cults of dark siders from Lettow to Eternal to Banenite and beyond vary in structure and methodology, they do hold to the Sith Creed and complete surrender to the dark side.

To answer more succinctly, a Grey like myself would say the answer lies in middle of Obi-Wan and Vader’s points of view, be open to varying points views (new revelations) but cling to the absolutes (there is Light and Dark, The Force is One).

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    They are, but The discussion that Kato and I were having over at the Blue Moon was much more suited here, and I don't wish to Role play but discuss this issue. Of course others are welcome to join in, but they don't have too to be here. ;)

Edit: But if you faced Anakin in that situation, would you choose a side or would you allow him to continue his path? Even as a Line walker I would see that Anakins claims were twisted and not clear. I'd be inclined to stop him somehow, maybe more negotiation, but seems he wasn't in for a chat.

darthbernael likes this.
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Facing Anakin/Vader I’d refrain from judgmental terminology like “only a Sith deals in absolutes.” I’d tell Vader he is right, this would throw him off at first, then negotiate that the Jedi have wisdom too; can we keep the eye for eye war going on? The Legions of Lettow almost slaughtered to extinction, now Order 66, is this really what we want? To this he’d likely espouse his “I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new empire.” To this I’d bargain, “you have indeed, but at what cost?” Likely it would dovetail into a duel in which I’d use both Light and Dark Side powers, which might surpise Anakin, and if I knew it I’d use Force Severance on the Chosen One, neutralize him tell Padme recovers or not, and let him sober from his dark side draught.

Jedi Knight Fett and greyjedi125 like this.
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Interesting, and probably some of the reasons I won't be Grey. See I saw him clearly as bad, he'd murdered in the name of his empire, and at that point (or any other point) it was not his empire. Never was going to be either. The price he was paying was his wife and unborn children, he was sacrificing their lives and freedom, he was murdering innocents to achieve his goal and in my mind that is so very dark, and an absolute. Instinct would kick in for me. You Bad! Me Good! Let's do this ! :p

Kato Sai likes this.
  24. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    IC
    Arren DeVaga

"Nkri Tzenti." The name came to her in a premonition last evening, as she meditated at the dark side nexus of the Temple. The name, and the impression that she would in fact meet someone new today. A man of some significance to the plot, though the details were hidden from her. Time would reveal all, in life... or death. She need only wait, and let the Force write.

She scoffed lightly, perhaps playfully. "At least you took care of the problem. That's all that can be asked when you witlessly unleash such things."

Of course, he hadn't taken care of the problem.

Arren turned and glanced toward the temple, and then back to Nkri.

greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.
  25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    My goal is to try and talk Vader off his cliff, he’s maddened by rejection from Padme and the haze of Bogan. Yes he murdered, but the Jedi murdered the Legions of Lettow, and Yoda reaction to the return of the Sith is, “destroy the Sith we must.” There is no trying to stop the bloodshed on either side. Being Grey isn’t ignoring absolutes, but seeing that all sentient life is precious in the sight of the Force, and do we need to keep crushing one another in the name of Light and Dark? Caretaker Polmath has said we are absolutists, we believe in Good and Evil, but the sides of the Force have shades of Grey, the dark side can be used for good if used to say stoke passion for justice or summon strength to destroy a monster bound to devour innocents, likewise the Light can be dimmed by those who claim it in self righteousness and become as Yoda and Kenobi said, “Obi: he’s abilities have made him well, arrogant, Yoda: yes, yes, a flaw more common among Jedi. Too sure of thensleves they are, even the older and more experienced ones.”

As a Grey I seek to make peace with both sides, “as far as can be kept.” (Tiberius, Kingdom of Heaven). Yes, there are absolutes of good and evil, bit before we cut down evil, let us shed our own evil lest we risk becoming hypocrites. We also should have room for repentance, for Prodigals like Revan who became Grey Jedi.

———————————————

The Disciple sensed Arren was being drawn to the Dark Temple, he felt its beckon call too, but he resisted. His surrender to Bogan had brought forth the being at the Shrine.Nkri looked over his shoulder, half expecting the violet hued hooded bolt slinger to be there ready to unleash more devestation.

Take care of it. Nkri knew he had not.

“I must be honest, I didn’t take care of it. The being still lurks back at the shrine.”

The Grey Jedi tried to quell a nervious tick in his right eye. This maskless life would take getting use to.

Jedi Knight Fett and greyjedi125 like this.