main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    Kato PM'ed me and asked if I'd be his Valentine. It's cute. lol

Happy V Day!

edit: Isn't that the most badass card you've ever seen? He made it all for me! [face_batting]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    A Poem I wrote for Milady @Ava G.:

Ava, Ava, may the towns rave ya. Most illustrious and sweet, a lady of stature, who can match her? Her beauty will capture, her presence does rapture.
    May this day shower her with bouquets of joy and laughter.
    My heart and blade (saber) hers to reign. My aim to serve, and flatter [this definition of the word: make someone feel honored and pleased]
    Happy Valentine’s Day Milday!
    @};-

3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
  4. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    Jensaarai creed

I am the protector of the Saaraai-Kaar.
    I am the Protector of Susefvi..
    I am the defender of the true way.
    I pledge myself to the Jensaarai.
    For I have found true life,
    In the protection of the people, I care.

I know emotions and master them.
    I know death and fear it not.
    I know chaos and I know order.
    I know the Dark, but do not let it master me.
    I serve the Light and yet remain attached.

Wear the armor, for it wards us.
    Wear the armor, for it hides us.
    Wear the armor, for it makes us strong.
    Wear the armor, for it is our honor.

Our honor is our armor.
    Our honors hold us in balance.
    Our honor is our life.
    If we lose balance, we lose honor.
    To lose our honor is to lose our life.

The truth is the Force.
    The Force is the truth.
    The truth is our strength.
    The Force is our strength.

So I swear, by my honor, by the Force, by my armor, to serve with honor, to serve the Force and all of life, to guard it against those who would harm it, or forfeit my life.

https://www.starwarsrp.net/ams/code-of-the-jensaarai.3206/ authored by Veino Garn, edited by Narancia.

Addendum: The edits were made because there were some lines in the first code that was in direct contradiction to official sources. But generally, the original writer had the right idea.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I love these lines, particularly, “The Truth is the Force, The Force is the Truth.” Reminds me of a passage of Scripture (John 14:6).

Thank you for sharing Blade Brother. :)

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Disciple of the Whills Hymn of Recollection
    Written By Nkri Tzenti, A.K.A.@Kato Sai

“Let it be Written,” Let it be Sung, We are The Whills that Record What is Done.

We are the Memory of what has begun, and keepers of the History. Inside our phylacteries are tales of the Force’s Victories.

“There is No Death,” The Mystery Attests. Come back from Underworld have Some. What lies beyond the Viel, only Ghosts can tell.

Our cloaks burgundy, our temple a memory. We are dedicated students of the Mystery, both Light and Dark we do hark, for we are arks carrying the story of the Force’s majesty, across the galaxy.

Acknowledgements:

“Let it be Written” is form Cecile B. DeMille’s The Ten Commandments
    “There is No Death,” is from The Jedi Code.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    An interesting take on things.
    Yet, I wonder how that list would change if they included the Grey? Many of the pros ("Force Powers are superior," "Equal opportunity employers" for example) exist similarly for Grey. But they have other benefits, too. I'd argue #10 (They Aren't Tied Down) is actually a drawback. Having relationships and connections can be a calming influence.

8. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    I think number 10 was actually emphasizing that the Sith can pretty much do whatever they want, while for the Jedi, adventures were actively discouraged.

9. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Shares some peaceful music for introspection, meditation and general enjoyment. :)

10. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    Has there ever been an in-depth discussion on the Darth Gravid the mad?

Because in my opinion, it was due to this Sith Lord that the Galaxy was essentially saved from being ruled over by the Sith forever until the end of time due to him destroying over a millennium of knowledge. But his story confounds me; I always knew that Plaugieus' statement on the lord was one-sided and entirely from a Sith's perspective, but what could've been going on in this man's head. I refuse to believe that he went insane out of nowhere trying to blend Jedi and Sith teachings. From what I've seen, he tried to incorporate compassion into the order, but is compassion so anti-thetical to the Sith order? After all, Palpatine used it to his own benefit, did he not, treating Vader as if he was his friend, raising his confidence, and providing him with whatever he needed, such as the Malgus' Journal in the Book of the Sith.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Not to sound glib, but in the final analysis, Hitler is not considered as someone who was 'compassionate'. I use him as an extreme example to make a point. A single moment of compassion ( if you can even call it that) does not make one compassionate, but rather manipulative. Palpatine had no compassion for Anakin. He just wished to manipulate him, and emotions were tools to do it, a means to an end. He didn't truly care for him in any significant way, it only mattered that Anakin believed that he did. I find it surprising when folks are unable to see past his deception, but maybe it's not so surprising after all, given certain world events.

So, a room is either lit or unlit. There may be shadows cast by objects when lit, or small places of light when dark, but it cannot be both lit and unlit at the same time. Jedi and Sith philosophies are not miscible. A volcano does not spew ice, an iceberg does not burn with fire. We live in an ordered universe, the order of which has already been set. Attempting to arrive at an impossible result is madness. To insist on something that is literally impossible is arrogance.

Facts and truth are available to all, but many are too enamored with their own imagination to accept it and would much rather live in a world of delusion, than face facts or the truth. Therefore, that too is a choice.

12. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    My goodness @greyjedi125, we really do need to have an argument in an RPG sometime that was so well articulated. :D :D

13. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    *Leans back in his chair, pondering Polmath's words*

Thank you for your insight Polmath,

Palpatine not caring for Anakin is pretty clear; however, your point is very well received.

My point, however, was to state that kindness could be used as a tool for the Sith, but I see your stance. You say that the use of compassion to manipulate is not kindness, only manipulation. Therefore, this concept is too antithetical to coexist, and to think otherwise would only lead to delusion. However, I believe that is only true for a majority; if I have learned anything from this temple and my ventures through the lore, it's that anything is possible through the force.

If I remember correctly, there was a Sith that utilized compassion, and his name was Vectivus. Lord Vectivus not only became a lord during the Banite rule of two, but he remained calm and centered, living a peaceful life and dying in the arms of friends and loved ones. I think this is what Lord Gravid had in mind for the Sith Order when he tried to remake it.

And lastly, is a charity for selfish reasons, not charity? Your example Hitler was a detestable human being in every aspect, but he consistently cared for his homeland; he cared so much that he actually raised living standards and made medical breakthroughs.

So I ask, considering all of this, is it really impossible to imagine that a Sith could have compassion?

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    *Sits close by and offers a spot herbal tea*

You make an interesting argument Narancia, please allow me to address your points.

anything is possible through the force.

The force is not an agent of chaos. ‘Anything’ within the established order it adheres to. We can’t suddenly begin to breathe ‘air in space’ simply because we say ‘anything is possible through the force’ without understanding what that truly means. Unlike ‘us’ the force maintains to its rules and is in harmony with itself.

Lord Vectivus not only became a lord during the Banite rule of two

Intriguing. Who was his master? The Rule of Two allows only Two Sith, does it not? How many Sith were there during his time? I cannot seem to find a clear record, because if there were more than two, then the recorded history instantly becomes problematic. Aside from that, it would seem that Vectivus is your sole reference for this example, making him the sole exception of a much un-sith like existence. Who else can you mention that was ‘compassionate’ like him? I’ll wait.

Your example Hitler was a detestable human being in every aspect, but he consistently cared for his homeland; he cared so much that he actually raised the standards of living and made medical breakthroughs.

I find the above statement very problematic for many reasons and call for caution with such thinking. Hitler was biased and racist to the point of genocide. Those who suffered under his regime were also part of that very homeland as well. Those medical breakthroughs you speak of were made on the unwilling bodies of innocents. So, tell me, what then was their crime? Should we laud a monster for building better roads and forget all about the concentration camps and the gas chambers? To bring the point closer to home, should we admire how beautiful plantations were made and ignore the plight of slaves? Let’s not be so willingly fooled by outer appearances and call evil for what it truly is.

So, yes. With the probable exception of Darth Vectivus, we can learn all that we need about Sith compassion as presented in their storied history. How soon do we forget Alderaan and Jedha, which are only two planets to have been subjected to such ‘compassion’ in recent memory. Only two in an ever growing list.

EDIT:

Simply put: As I understand it, 'compassion' is not a standard virtue in the teachings of the Sith. If there are any who practice such, they remain unknown to us. Compassion is a virtue practiced and extolled by lightsiders and any who tend to do good.

EDIT 2:

@Narancia,

So, what it is you think we should admire about Darth Gravid?

And let me ask this as well: Did he fail or did he succeed? In the end, was he an agent of the Light or the Dark?

15. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    *Accepts herbal tea and begins to drink*

Thank you for the tea Polmath :).

I thought the force was ever-changing? For example, in nu-canon, Princess Leia and Kanan Jarrus were able to not only survive in space for several seconds but were also able to use the force to bring them back to safety. I do not recall an event happening in legends, but I am sure you could fill me in if an event occurred as I am still learning.

You've got me there. Vectivus' master was indeed lost to time. However, Vectivus as a spirit directly lectures Lumiya, who uses this to convert Jacen Solo to the dark side. But I believe this could've been revolutionary had it not been stomped out early by Darth Gean. If Gravid won his duel, I imagine that the Sith wouldn't self-destruct as often as they have throughout history; in fact, I believe the Sith during the clone wars could've greatly benefited from this, especially if they didn't strictly adhere to the rule of two idealogy as they had a powerful roster.

Palpatine
    Dooku
    Maul
    Asajj Ventress
    Savage Opress

Plus, with potential Jedi stragglers seeing this kindness and being tired of how oppressive and hypocritical they were. Don't forget how effective a tool mercy and kindness can be. Dooku used this to great effect in legends, using this method to form his own group of acolytes.

I understand your point here. I will refrain from continuing down this line of thought.

It just saddens me that the Sith ended up this way. The Legions of Lettow only wished to study in peace, but it led to their subsequent persecution and later extermination by the Jedi. If such an event didn't occur, maybe the Sith as we know them wouldn't be terrorizing the galaxy. Better yet, imagine if Gravid killed Gean, maybe there would be a more peaceful but passionate alternative to the Jedi.

Edit:

So, what it is you think we should admire about Darth Gravid?

And let me ask this as well: Did he fail or did he succeed? In the end, was he an agent of the Light or the Dark?

I think we should admire Darth Gravid for being a forward thinker, he saw a concept that the Sith in all of their hatred failed to see, a chance to reinvent themselves into something different. However in the end he failed miserably and only delayed the Sith's grand plan by many centuries.

In fact, he potentially destroyed information that not even the great Jedi temple libraries had records of and now are forever lost to time. I want to believe that he was an agent of darkness but his methods tell me that he might've accidentally become an agent of light.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    A good version of your concept is the Sorcerers of Tund. Basically a group of Sith went off and made a peaceful world to research and study the Force. A group the Jedi tried to convert but ultimately left alone.

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thank you, @Narancia

That was quite stimulating. I'm pleased to see you are seeking answers on your own and beyond that which is recorded in history. In the end, your own experiences, contrasted against that which you have learned, will be your best teacher and guide. Your own living history is what matters most.

Remember, deal with what you have before you, not what is imagined, or was, or could have been.

The Force is One.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  18. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Getting back to your original question, Palpatine's "care" for Anakin only insofar as he would any tool for his power. He gave him the suit. Did that mean he cared about Vader? No more than I "care" about the rose plants in my back yard. They make the porch look pretty and I don't want to have to replant them, so I cover them in the winter. That doesn't mean I love them. He gave books and holocrons to Anakin to study. Did that mean he loved him and wanted him to be more knowledgeable? Only to the point that a blacksmith "loves" the sword he's tempering. Palpatine saw Vader as a tool. He simply provided items to be able to make that tool better. He was waiting for someone, anyone, to replace Vader. The fact that he never found anyone means little. It certainly doesn't mean he looked at Vader like I look at my kids.

19. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Thank the gods no one's pulled an April Fools on this thread...... yet.

20. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    You do know that saying so is open invitation for our very own JCF 'loki' to begin his pranks here, right?

21. Mnggal-Mnggal.

Mnggal-Mnggal. Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2021
    Be careful what you wish for....​

22. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Sir Mnggal, I'm reminded of what Jimmy Dugan said to the umpire about his little hat in A League Of Their Own. Jussayin'

23. Mnggal-Mnggal.

Mnggal-Mnggal. Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2021
    I see.....
    *scratches cheek with middle finger*​

24. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Wait... wait... you have a cheek?

25. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003