main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Alejac - What is this "Politely" you speak of?
    Gildar - It's an unfamiliar concept to you, man. Look it up. :rolleyes:

2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    For your cough Polmath:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Accepts the offered tea with a pleasant smile.

"Why, thank you Nkri. I do appreciate the gesture. Cheers!"

Takes a nice long sip.

"Ahhh. It's prefect."

4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Some monks in Grey Habits make it in the hills. They are blind, but yet they make the best tea. :)

5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    *clears throat and is quite pleased at the clarity of the sound*

Thanks again for the wonderful tea and welcome back @Kato Sai. I'm looking forward to continuing 'The Gathering' scene to its conclusion, as it will help establish the opening for the main game. I'm very grateful to ALL of YOU who are participating in the great 'unsung experiment' and continue to support the 'grey'. Thank you. *bows*

@darthbernael, @DarthIshyZ, @Darth_Elu, @spacelady, @Ktala, @Narancia, @Jedi_Ascension , @clone commander bossk

6. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    An honor to be apart of this gathering!

7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    It has been cathartic, and a delight to write in the Grey RP. I look forward to the many revelations that shall soon be unveiled. ;)

8. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I wanna say a quick thank you to @Kato Sai for reviving this place!

9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    You do me great honor. I knew very little of the Grey when I first joined, I was familiar with Jolee Bindo and some of Jedi Knight Grey types like Kyle Katarn, but here in this temple I have become enlightened. More than that I have found a home. :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  10. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Thanks for setting it up @greyjedi125 And introducing me to RP :)

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    An absolute pleasure. You showed great promise and passion when we first met! I could ill-afford to pass such an opportunity. Thank you for joining! And here's hoping you have a blast. :D

12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    A short video about a Grey Jedi. It isn’t perfect, but there are rarely fanmade Grey videos.

I love the line, “I am a Soldier of the Balance.”

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Very interesting video indeed, thank you @Kato Sai.

If any one is wondering, below is the current greyjedi code that I'll be using for the game. It might differ from the one we adhere to here:

The Force is one

Through passion, we gain focus

Through Knowledge, we gain power

Through serenity, we gain strength

Through harmony, we gain balance

There is only the Force

****​

Also, I have one or two SW videos that I personally enjoyed in the past that I'd like to share. I'll be editing them in momentarily.

EDIT: On second thought, I've decided to share them in a more 'organic' fashion, as our conversation progresses. [face_thinking]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    darthbernael , Kato Sai and Narancia like this.
  14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I prefer that code myself, it blends both the words of the Jedi and Sith Codes that are truths into a larger Truth (Saarai).

In the video I felt his answer to the Greyhame who asked “You met the dark side,” that he then is seen with his child, saying no I found emotions that are love. Which ties into the concept that many Grey draw on emotions other than the atypical ones of the Sith like fear, anger, and hate. That compassion, empathy, concern, and more can be fuel to use The Force. While the Jedi claim to call in these, they’re Code says, “There is no emotion..” So they do not draw on positive emotions.

EDIT:

The Light and Dark Sides are merely part of The One Force. One calls us to peace, another to action. But when they are separated, compartmentalized as the Jedi and Sith do, an unnatural occurrence happens, no emotion or only hateful emotions.

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Kato Sai

“There is no emotion..”

I've always had a problem with that one as well. We as living beings are capable of so many wonderful emotions, like joy, peace, laughter, compassion, curiosity, jubilation, etc. Why would the force want us to have all of these, and then require us to cut ourselves off and become like 'dead fish'? Nay!

Where did Padme get the idea that Jedi were not supposed to love? Clearly that was a 'popular' belief. Was she merely misinformed? In Anakin's response, he mentions attachment. How did he confuse attachment with love? Perhaps neither of them really know what the word means? that would be my conclusion, hence their confusion.

More to the point, denying one's emotions does not serve the purposes of the Force. That's one sure way to alienate ourselves from other living beings and render ourselves incapable of empathizing/sympathizing/ connecting with one another. If the jedi never know hunger, poverty, destitution, loneliness, frustration, greed, avarice, anger or fear, how are they supposed to know how to identify these things or react to it? Maybe they consult with their R2 unit? ( cheap jab, I know ). Grand Master Yoda seemed to be the only one who had a handle on emotions, however, not all Jedi had the benefit of being 800 years old. More to the point, our emotions help us navigate our situations. The solution was never cutting ourselves off, but mastering our emotions through discipline and self-control.

EDIT:

Regarding your EDIT, I agree on this basis: One cannot objectively critique or relate to something one has not experienced. Most Jedi can only speak to Sith about the perils of the darkside based on academia. To use an example, one does not need to become a murderer to know that murder is wrong. But would that person be able to relate to an underlying cause, like torture, abuse, mental illness, or such? A malicious perpetrator is often easy to spot, but one must endeavor to know more, if 'balance' remains the focus. Justice can still be meted out, but never in ignorance.

16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I think The Jedi cut themsleves off from emotion in a response to fearing the dark side. I can see a Council saying, “these dark siders derive power from they’re strong emotions, so to secure further generations of Jedi from falling to the dark side, we’ll forbid emotion, and in our denial of feelings grow in the Light.” On Terra Firma a similar arrangement was made in the Church called “The Invesiture Controversy,” children of popes, bishops, and priests were inherting land, gold, political power, spiritual power, and all kinds of finery but they had no true piety, and corruption followed; to guard against this the Romanite Church decided to impose priestly celibacy, no pope, bishop, or priest could have children who inherit titles, powers, and lands. This backfired because it also forbids love. The Jedi held a similiar vow of celibacy, claiming devotion to the Order and the duties of a Jedi deserves “total commitment.” Yet Luke Skywalker proved love was able to redeem the dark lord Vader, his father, something Obi-Wan and Yoda did not believe possible. Luke to me is much more Grey and he helped the most evil agent of the Emperor see good in himseld.

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Luke was in balance, plain and simple, therefore he was not blinded by the extreme dogma of the jedi.

That particular jedi tenet was in response to 'fear'. It is impossible to keep anyone from experiencing temptation if they interact with the world at large. The jedi were arrogant and foolish for instituting that rule and payed dearly for it. They tried to subvert nature ( The Force ) with a better idea ( so very flawed even ) and reaped the consequences. Everyone must go through their journey. A parent can worry about a child, but would be doing that child a huge disservice if the child was locked away in a tower away from all harm. Such a thing is not in 'balance'. The results speak for themselves.

DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Where do you think The Sith error Polmath (@greyjedi125 )?

Is it in channeling they’re rejection? The Jedi afterall tried to genocide the first dark siders (Legions of Lettow), then in the time of Des (Darth Bane) they sought to genocide The Brotherhood of Darkness-Sith.

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Sith are Sith and are true to their code, so they are of the darkside. I don't believe they error in being themselves, for they represent the dark end of the pendulum as it were.

I have heard the term dark jedi and understand that it means a Jedi has fallen to the darkside. So is a dark jedi still a jedi?

If a sith falls to the lightisde ( rare as that may be ), is he still a sith? What does he become?

Purity, by its very definition, is harder to maintain than any other state of being.

DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I meant error in the same way the Jedi abandon emotion, the Sith wield reckless emotion.

I am not claiming the Sith should cease being what they are, more of what is something they adhere to that misses the mark of the Greater Gamut of the Force? We’ve touched on the Jedi mistakes, I was wondering what you see as some Sith pitfalls?

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Excellent question. I shall answer after I complete my daily orbit. ;)

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Kato Sai

To answer your question regarding the Sith ‘missing’ the mark, I shall state that the following is solely this Caretaker’s opinion.

Generally speaking, the Sith embrace the Rule of the Strong. This is a foundational tenet of their creed and culture. In the long run, a society who adheres to this rule is not sustainable and is destined to fall from within, by default. The circle of the strong shrinks as those deemed ‘weaker’ are culled, until, in theory, only one remains. Unless this final supreme strength is passed on , it will disappear. But this strength cannot be ‘passed’ as exacted by the very creed that produced it- it must be surpassed, defeated. With no one left to do so, entropy resets the scales.

The Rule of the Strong, in due time, erodes decency, compassion, affection. Isolation, cruelty and deception increase as a result. Continuity, equanimity are not the focus. To sustain itself, expansionism is necessary, or else there is extinction. However, once other beings are encountered, there is the real possibility that they might dilute what strength has been already established, thus they are dominated and culled- but that only delays the inevitable cycle.

Great Light will rise to meet Great Darkness. Balance demands to be restored, for the sake of continuity.

The two extremes reveal great things about each other and certainly point to the necessity of balance. But it’s not easy to unlearn what has been learned, or passed down through generations. Only those who seek a deeper truth will find it.

The Sith will burn brightest, but shall by comparison last briefest.

This is a generalization of the Sith ‘miss’.

Does that make sense?

*Anyone is welcome to chime in*

23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Greetings my friends! So, we have the Jedi, the Sith and the Grey.

The Jedi - Not having emotions harkens back to that other galaxy, Star Trek. Specifically Vulcans. If anyone could be called "light" and the benefit of "no emotions" it would be them. Though the Vulcans had an even bigger flaw than letting emotions get in the way: hubris. An excellent example is in the Star Trek reboot (2009). The leader says "I noticed you applied to Starfleet, as well." and called it pointless. He then said that it was amazing that Spock had gone so far given he had a *GASP* human mother! That hubris caused Spoke to say, in essence, "screw you, leader! I'll go to Starfleet and be my own man." The sputtering of the leader and Spock's logical response were beautiful. A video of that scene:

The Sith - @greyjedi125, you put the shortcomings of the Sith so perfectly in describing the Rule of the Strong. It can also lead to megalomania where one (possibly not even the strongest) would slaughter everyone else just because he doesn't see them as worthy. I have no doubt that Serapis wouldn't last long as a true Sith. That being said, I love how the Lost Tribe of the Sith are portrayed in the book. Truly a golden example of how a dark side society could last and thrive. That being said, the Lost Tribe survived specifically because they held back from being truly bloodthirsty. It's almost like they were not fully Sith. Maybe, dare I say it... Grey?

The Grey - It's interesting to me to think of this. It would really be the biggest of any of the groups. If you strayed even an iota from the purest of the pure of those two ends, you are, in a manner of speaking, Grey.

Edit: I just realized: I was putting drawbacks of the others, but not Grey. Grey are non-committal. Wishy-washy.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @DarthIshyZ

I really love that scene with Spock. "The only emotion I wish to convey is gratitude." [face_laugh]

I want to learn that Epic Level of sarcasm when I grow up! LOL!! :p

But to your point my friend; Indeed, we are the middle, between the light and the dark ( but we are also these ). Shades of grey are comprised of both darkness and light to differing degrees, yet still, it is all part of the force- for the Force is One. ;)

So....

It seems I must get this 'Lost Tribe Book' because....knowledge, we grey must know!
    [face_shhh]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    darthbernael and DarthIshyZ like this.
  25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    You must! Your Rule of the Strong almost brings them down. But, then one man - a man who doesn't seek power - saves them and gets to power. It also introduces one of my favorite Sith: Vestara Khai
    [​IMG]

(And I think she ends up marrying Ben Skywalker)