main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Will get the book, one way or the other. Been meaning to for some time, and this just solidifies that it needs to happen immediately. Also, the image doesn't show for some reason.

darthbernael and DarthIshyZ like this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    The Grey weakness is that actually staying between the extremes is incredibly hard. Its easy to stray from ‘pure’ tenets of the Jedi or Sith codes, but it is much harder to balance the Light and Darkness in oneself.

in my view a Jedi or Sith that strays an iota from their teachings isn’t a Grey. Darth Bane/ Des destroyed the Sith with the Rule of Two and then reformed them. Qui-Gon Jinn was very Grey, but remained dedicated to the Jedi Order, particularly the Prophets and Seers in the Jedi Consular wing.

What makes us what we are is what we tap into. I use to think it was dogmatic adherence to the codes, now I think otherwise. Anyone who taps deeply into the dark side will be doing the tenets of the Sith Code even without knowing it, because the Code is summation of the realities of the darkness, the same is the true of the Jedi and the Light. For us Grey it is a task of Bendu, of mixing Light and Dark as One inside us, tapping into Peace and Passion, Harmony and Strength. This requires a discipline far exceeding any Jedi, to not drift too deep into the dark, nor be too blinded by the Light.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [Double Post caused by internet problems with posting]

4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Kato Sai

What makes us what we are is what we tap into. This right here sums it all up perfectly. Well said.

darthbernael and Kato Sai like this.
  5. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    So good you had to say it twice, ten minutes apart. ;)

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    That you can blame the internet for that one. ;)

@greyjedi125 That is a revelation I had and it has changed how I see the whole gamut of the Force. :)

7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

Darth Marr said, quoting the one line of the Jedi Code he agreed with, “There is No Death, There is the Force.” In a way it goes well with the last line of the Sith Code, “Through Victory My Chains are broken, the Force will free me.”

What greater victory can there be than to realize death in not the end? But actually a beginning.

Edit: I’d also add the chains are broken when you no longer fear death, and you are freed by the Force when you die because then you become One with it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

My first encounter with a Grey Jedi was Jolee Bindo in SW: Knights of the Old Republic (Bioware). Until then I only knew the dogmas of the Jedi and Sith, but that “Old Coot” introduced me to a Jedi who doesn’t follow the rather tight and buttoned up rules of the Jedi Order.

9. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Exactly my kind of force user.

10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I was thinking, do you think there is a connection between The Way and the Jedi Way?

Anakin: It’s not the Jedi Way!

Din: This is The Way.

11. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Honestly no I think it's just coincedince.

It's a good motto for the extremist children of the watchvthough it conveys a lot of power. (Just look at the community after the mandalorian.)

darthbernael and Kato Sai like this.
  12. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Totally agree with his sentiments. OB1 said he loved Anakin like a brother. "You were my brother, Anakin!"

13. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Yeah, in my head grey is jedi without the rules such as no attachment. I see them sort of like Lukes NJO.

14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Its interesting the Jedi would have a similar saying as the Mandos when they are direct enemies throughout most they’re troubled history.

Its interesting the offical Jedi guide is the Jedi Path (Legends), but in the films they call it the Jedi Way.

What I wonder is if there was a little crossover between Jedi and Mandos in this terminology. Afterall the Sith Code was made off the Jedi One but in reverse or opposite, example:

“There is no emotion, there is Peace,” (Jedi Code), “Peace is a lie, There is Passion.” (Sith Code)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  15. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    I’m curious, and forgive me if it’s been asked before, but would Qui- Gon be considered a Grey Jedi? He was more… outspoken, I suppose you can say, for a Jedi? Or am I misremembering/ misinformed? [face_thinking]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Greetings @Moonspun Dragon , we are honored by your visit. I do hope you stay awhile and have a cup or two of our unique blend of green tea. As far as Master Qui-Gon is concerned, it depends on who you ask. He is always welcomed among our ranks.

:)

17. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I think many Jedi and many Sith could be considered "Gray." It's practically impossible to be pure anything. And then some ultra adherant will accuse another ultra adherant of not being adherant enough!

That's what happened between Jedi Lord Hoth and Valenthyne Farfalla before they took on the Thought Bomb.

That's what happens to a Sith Apprentice before he tries to take out his master in the Rule of Two.

When one doesn't realize they can always learn more, they can end up killing themselves, others and their order.

Edit: And, welcome @Moonspun Dragon!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  18. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
  19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The next topic is something I've been musing for some time, but have not resolved for myself. I would like to hear from others.

Force sensitive Mandalorians, trained or untrained: How would they fit among their own society? How would they be viewed by pre-existing force traditions? Who would they be loyal to?

@Bardan_Jusik , @clone commander bossk , @Sinrebirth , @darthbernael , @Darth_Elu , @DarthIshyZ, anyone else who is willing to contribute.

20. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    As a non-Mandalorian, I'd be annoyed if they were treated different. Different races with abilities are different beings (people?) with abilities. It doesn't matter if they're from Mandalore, Ithor, Corellia, Italy, the USA, Africa, China or the Bikini Atol.

Though, I'd like a POV from a Mandalorian on some part of it.
    @Bazinga'd
    @LAJ_FETT

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  21. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    In a game elsewhere on the forum I play one of the last Taung, they who the Mandalorians took much of their traditions and armor from. He was born with force sensitivity and, as some sects of Mandalorians did later, he was basically ostracized from his own culture.

Even though he rose to the rank of Knight, as a Jedi, he still held to his traditions and when, yes this was eons before the current era, Revan and Alek set off to stop the incursions of the Mandalorians, guided by the Sith Emperor, he went with them.

And later followed with them as they went and became the Sith they did, becoming a Revanchrist. He held to the belief in death in combat was the only true death. And even though he fought with the Revanchrists it was when they began to slaughter the Mandalorians that he turned from their course to return to the Jedi. Only to be sent back as a spy.

In some time periods there have been a Mandalorian or two trained as a Force user but they were, or seemed to be infrequent, and by the more conservative elements of that society, an anaethema.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    They should be treated exactly as everyone else, but not at the expense of the group they’re joining. No special treatment!

23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    You suck. You said what I did.

Better.

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    *Wanders into our common area after spending sometime in meditation

Greetings everyone, I hope you've all been well.

So, I've been thinking and would like to hear from you on this. For the game, there will be 'force levels' and a chart of available skills per said levels as well as a customized rank system for the sake of organization and game progression. However, what do you all think about having something like that here, for the EUC Faction. Would it change things for the better? Should we even bother? Would it make sense? or should that system stay solely in the RP?

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

@darthbernael, @Narancia, @DarthIshyZ, @Sinrebirth, @clone commander bossk , @Darth_Elu, @Ktala, @Jedi_Ascension, @spacelady, @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    There needs to be some sort of "awards." I don't know about "ranks," though. Everyone is a student, everyone is a teacher, right? Can I suggest we have two systems, one for management of the compound, one for Force training.

Management of the compound:
    - Polmath (Caretaker)
    - Head of Security
    - Head of Grounds
    - Head of Maintenance
    Others in a similar ilk.

Force training:
    - Skill awards, similar to Boy Scouts merit badges when you prove you're proficient in a skill.
    - No "ranks" such as "master" or some such
    - Do award some people "Trainer" skills when they've proven they're proficient at and able to teach some skill.

Edit: There can be combos where one who wants to learn a skill asks for guidance from a Trainer. Oh, and BTW, Gildar would be happy to teach how to communicate with animals. :p

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021