main
side
curve

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Force Ghost star 7

Apr 27, 2014
    Left Bubble:
    Span: Nos Tros Nuca nos Fuimos:
    Engl: We all never left.

Right Bubble:
    Span: Y Ahora Has Vuelto Con Nos Tros Maestra Ranna Tey
    Engl: And now you have returned with us, Master Ranna Tey

2. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
  3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]
    As Grey we believe the maxim of the Jedi Code, “There is no ignorance, There is Knowledge.” And yet some are wise who have not combed the archives or holocrons. Some knowledge can make slaves, like Freedon Nadd did to Ulic Qel Droma and Exar-Kun.

I believe “knowledge is power,” but that power can illuminate or destroy; hence “ignorance is bliss.” Thus we even in seeking knowledge must apply Bendu, take in the good knowledge, and purge the bad that would close our minds or subdue it with evil.

We must guard our hearts and minds in The Force.

For take heed of Ulic’s words to Anakin:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    One of the most important lessons of the Grey, is that nothing is absolutely good or absolutely evil. Everything has equal potential to be both, and that's why it's important to be mindful of the potential results of our actions and to keep ourselves centered. Walking the path of the Grey is harder than that of the Jedi or Sith because it requires constant vigilance, and a focus not only on the current moment, but foresight into the future.

Yes, it is true that knowledge can both corrupt and enlighten. It is good to be mindful of the risks and dangers here, however it's also important to understand another trap you're falling into if you focus too much on the risks:

You'll be acting out of fear, and putting yourself at greater risk of the very thing you fear: failure.

If you avoid knowledge out of fear that it will corrupt you, you lose out on the good it may accomplish.

Do not fear that what you do not yet know. Explore those new possibilities to the fullest, while girding yourself with the armor of foresight and taking up the blade of vigilance.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    Aye, I find myself in agreement with what is being said, but I feel compelled to say that for there to be a gamut, absolutes are required. Nothing having encountered a thing does not mean it does not exist, more over, in the realm of vast possibilities we cannot make such an absolute claim either. This is merely a subtle difference of opinion and not a point of contention, like everything else, just another shade of grey.

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Absolutes exist, but as a concept that exists so our linear minds can effectively perceive everything that lies between, not as an example. Nobody or nothing can truly be "dark" or "light" or "good" or "evil". There's shades of grey in everything and everyone.

7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 7

Jan 8, 2005
    Tell that to Cong...

Oh, wait. No politics. Never mind.

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I was ruminating on this further and I thought about why our Jedi cousins don’t destroy Sith holocrons. Exar-Kun fell studying a Sith holocron, as have others. Would not it be simpler to destroy the micro-pyramids of the dark side? The answer I believe is the Jedi know that destroying the knowledge would remove the temptation, thus the testing from Bogan, one that all Jedi must pass to be knighted. Another point is if you erase the darkness, its history, then generations will not have the example before them of why not to start down the dark path.

In applying this to the Grey Path, I find that what you said @Kev-Mas_Colcha is true, knowledge cannot corrupt of itself, Afterall Bendu said of the Sith holocron, “An object can not make you good, or evil. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, even the desire to do good can lead some down that path. But only you can change yourself.”
    However, @greyjedi125 your point on absolutes has merit too, for we have seen how dipping into well of the dark side rarely can be done without consuming a sentient, and then even worlds. The legacy of the darkness is one that “corrupts absolutely.”

Which leads me to ask, is the dark side simply a dark sider using The Force with their own taint, their own fear, anger, and hatred; abusing the Force to serve their ends (Potentium view), is it an equal side of The Force that must be balanced with the Light (Je’daii), or is the dark side an arcane power, apart from The Force, more akin to Nightsister Magick, and that it “stares back,” as Master Yoda said? (Possibly the OT Jedi view).

9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Whenever I try to edit my posts it messes up the tags. So let me add an addendum:

Which leads me to ask, is the dark side simply a dark sider using The Force with their own taint, their own fear, anger, and hatred; abusing the Force to serve their ends (Potentium view), is it an equal side of The Force that must be balanced with the Light (Je’daii), or is the dark side an arcane power, apart from The Force, more akin to Nightsister Magick, and that it “stares back,” as Master Yoda said? (Possibly the OT Jedi view).

Or is the dark side a combination of the three or two of these?

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I shall not belabour here, but will say that I speak from my experiences, the histories that I know and the knowledge and understanding bestowed unto me, these are my realities and they can only be shared, not imposed- for they define me and only me. Should they coincide with a fellow's, then I am filled with joy because of it. Some will accept my sayings, others will not, others will reject it. That is the way of things.

Conversely, I listen and accept the experience of others, their knowledge and their words. It is understood that we need not agree 100%, we need only agree to live in harmony and good will, to our mutual benefit. Is that such a hard concept?

Live life and learn objectively from your journey, and if you should learn from another's, then count yourself as fortunate. I know I do.

Details are nice, but getting stuck there prevents you from the greater experience.

11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Oh I was earnestly seeking to understand what the dark side is, I understand the answer differs, hence the three perspectives I shared. I don’t think there is a wrong answer, perhaps even one I cannot see.

My aim as always is to ask questions and stir discussion.

I am trying to formulate my own philosophy on Bogan, and so I was seeking some imput.

I already know what I believe about Ashla.

Edit: I have been reading about Darth Cadeus who believed turning to the dark side would prevent a greater darkness he saw in a vision and that he saw his fall as a work of good.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    This is a good question, let's see if we can explore this.

Can you think of a naturally occurring darkside phenomena? meaning not influenced or initiated by a person or device.

13. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 7

Jan 8, 2005
    Not to nitpick, but I have a problem with the question. "Naturally occurring" seems to be at odds with "phenomena."

But, to take "naturally occurring" on, let me offer hurricanes, tidal waves. Violent and dark.

14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    @DarthIshyZ
    I think Polmath means where the dark side manifests other than in a sentient, i.e. a practitioner like a Darth or Dark Jedi.

I do have an answer. The Dark Side does manifest at The Cave in Dagobah, Luke says, “I feel cold,” and Yoda says that place is strong with the dark side. Then Rey on Ahch-To sees the dark pit and is drawn to the call of the darkness and has her vision, Luke urging her “resist it Rey!” In both cases it wasn’t a Dark Sider using the dark side to seduce. I’d also argue when Jacen Solo traveled via Astra, and saw the dark vision of a throne, that too was the dark side apart from a dark sider.

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    If you ever read about the lore behind the cave, it's revealed that the dark side presence there is as a result of a dark Jedi's influence. So that being said, I don't think it counts as naturally occurring. At least for the one on Dagobah anyways.

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks for the observation. How would you have phrased it? ( at least the meaning was understood, thankfully ).

Weather events can be violent, yes and they can wreak havoc and destruction. They do not have 'intentions' per se. However there is a cause for them, as they are not 'random'.

So, ( thinks of a semi-appropriate example ) who would you say is responsible for the Pompeii disaster. The citizens or the Volcano?

17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Intriguing. I did not know a Dark Jedi visited Dagobah.

Another natural occurrence of Bogan, of the dark side was the storms on Tython that the Je’daii sought to stop by Bendu, by balance.

18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Nkri Tzenti

So my personal conclusion is the dark side exists independent of sentients, and is like Ashla, everywhere. However, its composition is harder for me to divine. Is it a natural part of the Force? Part of the duality? Or is it something else? Does it cling to Midi-chlorians like the Light? Or is it a presence, a essence that hides in shadow, lurking, waiting for the door into a sentient’s soul: i.e. fear, passion, anger, aggression, and hate.

When I watched the holorecordings of Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi, I was certain Bogan was alive, a being almost, conjured, and possessing the vessels, the dark siders.

For me the crucial evidence was in anointing Darth Vader. If you listen to Palpatine’s voice, it changes from his typical voice after Anakin says “I’ll do whatever you ask”:

The tradional Jedi certainly view the dark side as something more than a choice, they say, “seduced by the dark side..”, not seduced by Darth so and so. They also went to great trouble to try and cleanse the dark side shrine the Coruscant Jedi Temple is built over.

I am inclined to take the view of our Jedi cousins, that the Dark Side is more than a choice and actions of an individual (Potentium view), that it is supernatural, and capable of drawing someone on its own, independent of a Darth or Dark Jedi’s teachings.

I do admit I am not yet sure where the darkness stands in the Force, if its part of the Living Force or apart from it. That will require a much longer time to divine.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  19. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Force Ghost star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Well I was playing through the sith warrior storyline in star wars the old Republic recently and when asked to recite the sith code (which he didn't know) my sith said something that really sums up the force.

"Well, there's the dark side and then there's the light side and... we'll that's all there is to it really."

20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Depa Billaba during her full fitness re-assessment after waking up from her 6-month coma had this version of the Jedi Code flood her mind:

Emotion, yet peace.
    Ignorance, yet knowledge.
    Passion, yet serenity.
    Chaos, yet harmony.
    Death, yet the Force (For those that img does not appear)

[​IMG]

It is literally the Jedi and Sith Codes combined, and thus a worthy code for Grey and Benduists.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Revan used both sides of the Force against The Emperor:

[​IMG]

“Revan began to sense the oppressive presence of the dark side weighing down on him. The Emperor was trying to crush his will: to dominate and enslave his mind as he had before. This time, however, Revan was ready.

Instead of charging forward, he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and the dark side flow through him like twin rushing rivers. But instead of focusing or channeling the Force, he released it in its purest form.

There was brilliant flash as the air between the two combatants lit up. The energy unleashed was powerful enough to send Revan staggering. The Emperor, unprepared and with much of his strength diverted to his effort to dominate Revan’s mind, was sent flying backward. He landed in a heap on the floor and Revan raced toward him.”

-Source: Star Wars The Old Republic - Revan

I want to read or listen to Revan novel that this is from. Would anyone be interested in a group read/listen and discussion?

It would allow us to explore The Grey Way in a novel, for Revan is Grey.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Is there an audio book for this?

24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014