main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    It reminds me of the difference between monks and friars. Monks being isolated from the galaxy in cloisters and friars going out among the people and helping. However, Mon Mothma’s point about isolation breeding Dark Jedi maybe true to an extent, there are those who are closely connected to the world who can become agents of the dadl side. Anakin Skywalker was involved closely with politicians like Palpatine and Padme, the latter he secretly married. He also was on the frontlines of the Clone Wars with all manner of sentients, and he became arguably the greatest Dark Jedi of them all, nearly wiping out all the Jedi.
    So whither it be isolation or companionship, the risk is even in my view, the issue lies in the heart of the Force user. There are plenty of secluded Jedi who never went dark, Master Thon being one. And there plenty of Jedi who had companions and never fell like Master Kenobi.
    The key is the heart and whither you let it go dark, or keep soaking it in Light or Balance the Light and Dark out.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    greyjedi125 and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    A common misconception about us.
    “Gray Jedi are those who, though having completed the teachings of the Jedi, operate independently and outside of the Jedi Council. They are typically seen as misguided [by traditional Jedi], though they have not necessarily succumbed to the dark side.” (GRAY JEDI ROBE ITEM DESCRIPTION)

The dark side isn’t the issue, its part of The Force. Its the philosophy of the Sith who use it for dominance rather than balance that we challenge. As Master Kyle Katarn claimed, its not the powers that corrupt, but the one using them and how and why they use them.
    To be a Gray is to go deeper, to look at motive, and slice the Force up in more microscopic way.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    greyjedi125 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    A great primer on what we Grey Jedi are, our history, and how we differ from Orthodox Jedi and The Sith:

I love the detail that we hold to old ways, and value attachments, and that we see dark side as not all corrupting and can be controlled.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I found this holo-recording pleasing and educational. Thank you once again for sharing knowledge young Nkri @Kato Sai. :)

Kato Sai likes this.
  5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    You do me great honor Caretaker Polmath @greyjedi125! I have found the Holorecording to be so helpful I placed it in my siggy. :)

greyjedi125 likes this.
  6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I saw. Sharing knowledge and clarifying misconceptions are signs of a natural teacher and mentor. ;)

Kato Sai likes this.
  7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    You do me greater honor, Caretaker. :)

I was thinking of how we Grey are indeed devoted to the old ways, for we hold to the balance like The Jed’aii, who predate the Jedi and Sith.

I have seen that the Jed’aii had these ships they colonized Tython with. Do we know anything about these ships? Did they colonize other planets?

[​IMG]

I stumbled on the Jed’aii Code:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I have seen many variations on the code, some better than others. At the core, the focus should be balance.

The legendary ships you speak of are referred to as Tho Yor ( single/plural ). Their history span several millennia and as such, they remain a mystery to most, in regards to their origins. However, their part in the history of the Je'daii is well documented.

Kato Sai likes this.
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I wonder if the Tho Yor were Rakatan technology? The Rakatan did create The Star Forge in 30,000 BBY.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Rakatan, Gree, Kwa, Ancient. It is a very good question. I'm quite curious as to what a certain Force-Sage would answer. @Sinrebirth . [face_blush]

Sinrebirth and Kato Sai like this.
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    My knowledge of the ancients has major gaps, I am learning so much in this conversation alone. :)

greyjedi125 likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Tho Yor are definitely Celestial constructs, they do indeed predate the Rakata and match the design of Mortis after all. O:)

Kato Sai, DarthIshyZ and greyjedi125 like this.
  13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Many thanks for your shared enlightenment. :)

Kato Sai likes this.
  14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Thank you Emperor for sharing that knowledge.
    *Bows head out of respect*

These Celestials created massive structures, and technology. They bare a similarity to the Forerunners (Halo) and The Engineers (Prometheus, Alien Covenant) of the galaxies near The Milky Way.

They are heralded as Force gods or beyond our understanding, “We are sorry. We do not know how to explain the Celestials any better. They are beyond the understanding of mortals.” (THURUHT)
    However, I wonder if they were just an advanced race who with great knowledge created wonders and terrors.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I found this approach to anger and hate intriguing:

Not necessarily, Harun. Hate is understandable, as is anger. Anger has its uses. It cleanse like fire. But one must never only feel hate or only feel anger. That brings one out of balance.” -MASTER KETU TO HARUN AND RESI

Thoughts?

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I began to read then this happened:

"In light, there is a darkness and in the darkness, a light. It is the way of us all. Be a prisoner of neither Bogan nor Ashla. Strive to live in balance." _Ketu

I find the first portion of this saying problematic. If Ketu were here, I would ask him to clarify as this statement seems more confusing than anything else. Our definitions must first be clearly defined for a proper discussion to take place.

*goes on to read the rest.

Kato Sai likes this.
  17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    My original thoughts are that Ketu is saying don’t be like the Jedi or Sith, who become devoted to one side or the other of the Force, and thus do not seek to balance both sides within.

Upon reexamining Ketu’s words, “be a prisoner neither of Bogan nor Ashla” could tie to that the Je’daii who fell out of balance were marooned on the moons of Ashla and Bogan, which would feel like a prison sentence perhaps till they come into balance and are allowed to return to Tython. Which raises concerns to me if that is the true interpretation, because then it means the Je’daii enforced balance in a rather terrifying and controlling way.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hence the reason why it is good to scrutinize any teaching we receive, for a teaching that is good and profitable, will pass said scrutiny. ( As a wise man said, the results speak for itself.)

Kato Sai likes this.
  19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    My mind is mediating on the folly of marooning sentients on moons far from their families and friends till they are ‘cured’ of imbalance. That’s not safe to enforce solitude, for it is written, “it is not good for Man to be alone.” (Sacred Text). It is fine if someone seeks solitude, a time to search their soul with The Force, and perhaps even recharge, but to use it as a punishment could break a tender soul and taint the act of isolating to soul search.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Crime and punishment can be a complicated issue. Much to learn we still have.

DarthIshyZ and Kato Sai like this.
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Indeed. The next question ai have is, who decides you are in balance? And couldn’t such exiling to moons create in someone a disposition to go too dark and abandon the Dai Bendu?

greyjedi125 likes this.
  22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Our actions quite often speak for us and can reveal what remains unspoken. Balance leads to harmony. One who is in balance doe not eschew examination.

I would recommend reviewing the cases of those who were 'exiled' to see for yourself if their sentences were just. ( especially if the choices were between exiling or execution )

Kato Sai likes this.
  23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Examination I understand, but tread carefully we must lest it transform into The Dark Inquisition, where on a planet in Milky Way they stifled and harmed sentients with examination and inquisition.
    Though I surmise you mean examination by peers and masters who arn’t of that sort. That said I still raise the concern, that how can others know we are in balance save except by our deeds, but some people do a ‘bad’ deed out of desperation versus a sadist who does ‘bad’ deed for pleasure’s sake. They are not the same. And can’t the individual alone know their own heart and The Force see into it to be sure of where on the Spectrum they truly lie?
    Then comes the question, who decides where the balance is, is there a magical purple line we all see?
    Could not one Master think balance means one thing and another it mean another?
    For us Grey have many codes, while the Jedi have two, and the Sith one. Those creeds help them judge what lies in their orthodoxy, but how do we as Grey decide our orthodoxy with so many diverse codes? Unable to fall back on one code that helps act as measure of what is balance and how you stay in that balance.

I am asking many questions here, not all can be answered with ease, but I ask them in earnest and respectfully.

-Nkri Tzenti

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    All good questions which deserve a proper answer and exploration. I must crash right now, but will get back to this discussion when I can. Until then. [face_cowboy]

I-)

Kato Sai likes this.
  25. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    It's also possible that they were made by the Iokath creators.

Kato Sai likes this.