main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Official Fan Art Banner Contest **DEADLINE SEPT. 10TH**

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthMaul431, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    guys i am just having fun....it would be nice to be included but i will only have a small hurt feeling if i am not....;) there is a ton of artwork here and they should all be included. SO get to work!!!!

[face_laugh]
    and please feel free to use any of my pics...you don't have to feel like you are tied to the chewie card...

Later Vaders

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Seccond draft....

[image=http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/4232/fanart25zm.jpg]

Changes made: Picture of Queen Amidala removed and replaced with EP3 Padme. Picture of Luke added in to co-incide with the continuity of the skywalker family theme. EP3 Anakin moved left slightly. Cloud city added in the background. Clones added on the right.

Comments, critiques, surgestions all welcome. :)

Edit: Forgot to ask something, I'm usualy not to good with fonts so does the one I'm using look ok? With the style of drop shadow and everything work well?

3. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think your banner is looking pretty good. The font is the same style as I would choose, but I think you could add "The Jedi Council" under Fan Art Forum, perhaps a little to the right.

4. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    will someone please include some of my art in it?

5. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Darth_Numanus and ODJ, very cool banners, the both of you!

6. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Bump, this shouldnt be on page 2!

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...do you think it would help if I added this at the top as a sticky? I hesitate on that, though since it appears that quite a few folks bypass the stickies in all forums. But then again, having this on page 2 isn't helping us either. :p

8. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Having a sticky might be best. I think the stickies tend to be skipped when there's a whole line of them that never change; we've only got three.

9. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I sub-consiously ignore stickies :p I'd say best to leave it as it is and just bump it up whenever it falls to page 2, since its only going to be on untill September 10th.

10. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Stickies tend to denote important information that people who use the board should know, and as such I never bother clicking on them. I bet lots of other people do the same too.

My vote is to leave the thread foot-loose and fancy-free.

11. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    [image=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/6332/fanart9do.jpg]

First iteration.

P.S. - You guys are amazing artists.

12. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Very cool, Dudemyster! I like how you did the text to make it look like it was penciled. Nice touch.

13. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I've done two slightly different versions, and I've cheated a little in both: in version 1 I've substituted Labpizza's Boba Fett drawings for her nominated Luke pic because I could do more with it, and I used Gatodama's Ben portrait rather than her Chewbacca portrait because she keeps complaining about my choice of nomination; I've done the same in version 2, except I also used a different wicktone pic because I couldn't get his nominated ones to blend in with the composition.

Version 1

Version 2

I would welcome people's opinions on what works and what doesn't.

I didn't manage to get everyone's work into my banner designs :( Sorry.

14. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh wow, these are all so good!

Dudemeyster, your first iteration looks good. Kit Fisto bursting out of the corner is really eye catching. I really like the text too. :)

soitscometothis, Hmmmm...I might be leaning more towards version 2. I think the Mara piece adds nice color contrast and you were still able to keep the line drawing of Grievous in it. I think Grievous' placement is a bit stronger in #2 because it looks like he's looking over at the banana guy. :)
    Is that also Grievous peeking out from Michelangelo's Creation of Man? tee-hee....

15. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Having Michelangelo's Creation of Adam facing Kenu's 'B-A-N-A-N-A-S' Anakin is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen in this forum. Very clever!

16. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    Wow, in the past few days, you guys have come up with some really creative banners!

To keep track of all of them (in case you might miss one) I'll add all banners to the top post like I did with the nomination thread. I know you all said that people tend to skip the stickies, but I'm just doing for when it comes time to vote and we all just want to se a list of all banners. Sound okay?

17. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    Oh yeah, soitscometothis, there is no rush now so don't worry but by September 10th, let me know which of your two banner versions you want to use as your entry.

18. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Please put something of mine in it. :([face_praying]

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    faran, please stop spamming the thread. If someone would like to include your work in their banner, they will do so. Continuing to bug them will not help matters any.

I also wanted to pop in here and say that some very awesome banners are being created. Keep up the great work everyone! :D

20. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Continuing to bug them will not help matters any.

I'd say that the more you post wanting your pieces to be in there the less likely people are to put them in.

21. Darth_Numanus

Darth_Numanus Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    long live the Ba-Nanas! im loving the banners everyone!

-num

22. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    [image=http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8774/fanart19qn.jpg]

Second iteration.

23. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    Wow. I totally missed the nomination thread. I'm blind :p

24. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    OMG, I can't believe how great all these banners are! Please-oh-please don't make me choose only one, lol! To all the banner artists--AWESOME WORK, everyone!!

And soits, my friend--I have to thank you for the fall-on-my-keester laughter I enjoyed when viewing your submissions--wick wrote: Having Michelangelo's Creation of Adam facing Kenu's 'B-A-N-A-N-A-S' Anakin is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen in this forum. Very clever!

Amen to that!! [face_laugh]

FF

25. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Lovely banners everyone!! :D

gabe: The collection of drawn heads blend well, but it needs more variety, such as a landscape or something else that isn't a head. It is a clever banner, and I like the partly-transparent text and its matching border.

odi_310388: Great banner man. You blended the pictures together well, and the left part of the banner looks especially uncluttered and it has a creative layout.

Darth_Numanus: Over-all it is a nice banner. :) I love the entire corner area. The images and their colours go to together pretty well IMO. The blue in the 'March of Vader' and the blue of 'Cloud city' really bring it out more. Esira is a good corner image, and her position in the banner is effective. The rest of the banner good, but I think the smaller Grevious should be replaced with another image.

dudemeyster: Dude... first of all I must say Kit Fisto looks fantastic on the corner, and the banner text suits the images behind it well, especially Obi. Revan looks good against wick's 'Great Sith War' and the two other coloured pictures fit together.

soitscometothis: I think the Mara in the cold blends better behind Anakin at the front, in version 2. The other Anakin next to the red lightsaber looks great there. The smaller "The.force.net" looks better, so we can see more drawing in the background.

And lastly.. I certainly concur with "Having Michelangelo's Creation of Adam facing Kenu's 'B-A-N-A-N-A-S' Anakin is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen in this forum. Very clever! . :cool:

I plan to enter a banner eventually, if I can get it finished. :p It feels like a crime not putting in some people's artworks because they are so freaking good, but I don't want to leave other people's work out. The hardest part of this will be choosing what to use, as the selection is huge and there is so much good artwork that deserves a place in the banner.

Keep up the good work, banner makers. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.