main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Official Fan Art Challenge (February)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to the Offical Fan Art Challenge! Each month, a single subject or category from the Star Wars universe will be chosen for artists of all skill levels to interpret. A wide range of media will be accepted including, but not limited to, graphite/ink drawings, paintings, photo-manips, digitial paintings/drawings, collages and posters. It's really whatever you're inspired to do. Be creative! If the subject is a TIE Fighter, don't just draw a TIE Fighter, try to incorporate it into a scene that's interesting. Or perhaps you would rather take the Alliance's view on the TIE. The possibilities are endless!

*NEW* - 2/6/09
    As an extra twist, the Challenge will now be considered as a contest or a game. At the end of each quarter(Fall;September-November, Winter;December-February, Spring;March-May, Summer;June-August), all pieces of artwork submitted during that particular time period will be up for nomination for the "Art Challenge Fan Favorite Award." If your artwork makes it through the nomination process and wins the final vote, you will be awarded colors of your choosing and a title for a week to sport around the entire JC. But wait! There's more! As an added bonus, the winning piece of artwork will also be created into an icon and uploaded onto the JC forums for all to see and use at their choosing. Good luck to all participants!

Past Winners:

1. Fall 2006 - academygrad88; Boba Fett and Family
    2. Winter 2007 - DarthMikus; Quinlan Vos
    3. Spring 2007 - BIEREN; Darth Vader
    4. Summer 2007 - Basement24; Humiliation of Defeat
    5. Fall 2007 - ART2-D2; Artoo on Halloween
    6. Winter 2008 - Ty_Ordell; Princess Leia
    7. Spring 2008 - ART2-D2; Battle Droid
    8. Summer 2008 - Saith_Vaaper; Tahiri Veila
    9. Fall 2008 - Ranil-Starwing; Master of Vaapad
    10. Winter 2009 - COULD BE YOU!

[color=midnightblue][b]Some Guidelines to Follow:[/b][/color]

[blockquote][li]Please post your images in this thread so we can have them all collected in one area, but of course you're also allowed to post them in your own artwork threads.[/li]

[li]You can submit fanart for one topic, or do all of them. It is up to you.[/li]

[li]Comments for everyone's artwork should also be posted in this thread. Even if you're not participating yourself, your comments are more than welcome.[/li]

[li]Everyone is welcomed to post responses to this thread regardless of whether you post in the Fan Art forum or not. Please don't be nervous or discouraged. We would all love to see your work! [/li]

[li]If you have suggestions for future topics, please PM them to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=351318][b]HanSolo29[/b][/link] or post them in this thread.[/li]

[li]If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask![/li][/blockquote]

[hr]

[color=red][b][u]Fan Art Challenge for February:[/color][/b][/u]

[color=blue][b]Be My Valentine![/b][/color]

[color=blue]In honor of Valentine's Day, the month of February will be dedic

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have two snow pieces

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/snow2.jpg]

Obi-Wan and Anakin in a snowball fight

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/sleep24bit.jpg]

Siri and Obi-Wan sleeping after a walk in the snow

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Those are both so lovely :)

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I love Siri and Obi-Wan.=D=

5. Lileia

Lileia Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2008
    Callista on Hoth, collage dedicated to 'Darksaber' by Kevin J. Anderson. Made by Old Droid
    [image=http://i075.radikal.ru/0901/77/48cd37cd5a8e.jpg]

6. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Is there any chance of an extenion on this ? I started one but its my deadlines next week so I really don't think I'll finish before the deadline [face_praying]

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    At this point, I won't be making an extension, but if others feel one is necessary then I'll consider it. Remember, the deadline is only posted to indicate when I will be changing the challenge subject. You can still post your entries after the deadline. ;)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I have done another snowy one in a new medium : wax crayons

Ahsoka

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/ahsokasnow.jpg]

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Hm, if I go beserk due to university matters in the weekend I could indeed cool out in the snow...

*thinks hard of an good idea*

Sleep on this matter I must!

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    With the first of the month come and gone, I think it may be a good idea to grant your wish and extend this topic for the time being.

I have some new and exciting things in the works, so I wanted to hold off on a new topic until things can be squared away. Stay tuned! :)

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Sorry, I was way too busy to do some fanart and now I am way too ill. I should not even be on-line. Any moment my husband could hunt me down into the bed again for people with a feverish flue should not spend on-line time too long.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, so that went quicker than I thought. :p

Just a reminder that the first post has been updated with the topic for February as well as some new information. Just so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, I'm going to repeat it here:

Starting with the winter term(December/January/February), all winners of the Fan Art Challenge Award will not only get colors and the chance to have their artwork on display in the first post of this thread, but their piece of artwork will forever be represented here on the JC in the form of one of our user icons. Many thanks to NYCitygurl for suggesting the idea and working alongside us to make this possible! [:D]

EDIT: Aww, Azure, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get well soon! :)

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, being ill gives me some time to be on-line inbetween, but I am not in the state of swinging a brush or be very creative.

@};-

Anyway, thanks, Han!

14. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I would like to submit my Jacen and Tenel Ka drawing I did a few days ago. I was going to post it for V day but I posted early do to request.

Jacen and Tenel Ka

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    This is wonderful, princess. [face_love]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I have a cute Obi-Wan and Siri after a swim for the February challenge

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/siriobisleep6a.jpg]

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    As I just said in your fanart thread, dear bird, stunning & fanastic.

All that I can come up is these pieces for the February challenge:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P9180356.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P9060252.jpg]

Is that okay? Even though these are older pieces of mine, but I am too sick with the flue still to come up with something reasonable.

Oh and would it be too late to give

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/n59400679_30818696_3703.jpg]

for the January challenge?

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice pieces, all!! I'm excited to see them and very excited that one will become an icon :D

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice so far, everyone! I'm really enjoying everyone's entries! :)

Here is one I had lying around in which I thought fit the topic pretty well this month. You may recognize it:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/Fan%20Art/han-leia-wind-complete1.jpg]

I'm not going to officially enter it into the contest unless there is an overwhelming want for it.

And if I have time, I may create something new. We'll see.

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Gone with the wind. Coooool!

:D

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    And the voting thread is up for the winter months! Send 'em in! :)

The March challenge will be up shortly. Any ideas you would like to see explored this month?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.