main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official FF / 501st / RL Party Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

I'm looking forwards to this just as much as the main event. Cant wait to cross the pond for this Massive Star Wars shin dig.

2. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    howdy - i am registered for C3- and inquiring about the 501st party/tickets. has a decision been made yet? and it's in the hyatt ballroom? is there a special site to purchase tickets? this is gonna be such a gooooooooooood time!

3. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I missed the last party, so I'll have to make it a point to attend this year.

!snap

4. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    So is there going to be any particular dress code? You know, fancy, casual, semi-casual, etc?

And I know everyone will hurt me for asking, but will there be music and dancing? :p

5. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm guessing there will be music and dancing. It would be cool if some Star Wars fan bands could be secured for the evening to play and even cooler albeit more expensive if they wanted to secure a big name Star Wars fan band like Weezer.

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    There's no ticket info as of yet. The Indy Knights & Bloodfin Garrison will have the necessary info up and available in plenty of time with plenty of notice, once specifics are set.

The party will be returning the the Hyatt Regency and we'll have the entire ballroom...actually, the entire floor. Apparently at the last party we bought so much beer that we might not even have to put a down payment down. [face_laugh] In any case, it will be a blast, and a bigger one than last time.

When Jay/whojedi returns from whatever tropical paradise he's vacationing in, he should be able to give more details.

7. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    For a band, there's this one on Long Island that I know Aerosith. I'm sure they'll be going to C3 and would do this. Just email them at the site :)

8. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Awesome! Someone should look into getting a band and all. :D

9. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    The Bahamas, I was in the Bahamas Seb, and I didn't want to come back lol!!!

Incom and I will be getting together soon with the Hyatt again and will have details. We just can't put a price on tickets or anything until we meet with them.

But don't worry all, as soon as the info is available and tickets are ready to be sold, this will be the first place that I post!!!

10. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    Incom and I met with the Hyatt today and hammer out most of the details regarding the party. Details, including ticket prices and date of sale, will be posted VERY shortly.

This is going to be one helluva shindig...

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    w.o.w.

Talked to Ron last night and he gave me the details for the party...a more formal post will be forthcoming, probably this weekend or shortly after, and will probably deserve a new thread, but man o man it's going to be fun.

Pre-sell Tickets will be $20, we've got triple the space, triple the food, 4 bartenders, 3 security guards....

...and up to this point 4 confirmed SW movie celebs already planning on coming.

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I guess the payment has to be with paypal if you are from outside the US.

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Please not only Paypal in the US... My PP account got hacked and I can't use it.

14. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    There will be an address to mail Money Orders but no checks will be accepted.

15. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    It's likely to sell out even with the increased capacity, but if it doesn't tickets will be sold at the door for an increased amount...but I'm sure we can work something out for non-US residents where PayPal isn't an option...we're not here to exclude people.

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Money order is fine! I have my coffee can full of my C-3 funds all ready to go (after paying for airfare I have about 600$ already!) Can't wait!!

17. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    4 bartenders eh? Let's hope they stock a bit more Corona this time around. :p

Can't wait to hear the details, guys. It sounds amazing!

18. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    mmmmmmmmmm.....corona........sounds good........um, on a side note, are these security guards gonna be there to keep the party under control or to bust the little uns for under age drinking?

19. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Mostly to keep people with out tickets from getting in, but if there's a major problem, I'm sure they'll take care of business.

The bartenders will regulate who gets drinks, as I believe we'll all have wristbands, but basically, if you've ever been to a wedding reception, it's how this thing will be ran from the hotel's perspective.

20. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    this is gonna rock!!

21. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    Ironically Sil, Corona is one of the topics that we discussed with the Hyatt, believe it or not.

Each bar is going to be stocked with extra Coronas, with more standing by, just in case. ;)

22. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    Oh yeah, Seb is correct on the bartender issue. The bartenders are Hyatt employees and will be in charge of the IDing of patrons to the bar.

Also, we made sure that the prices at our bars are the exact same price of the drinks at the actual bar across the hall.

Those who were at the last party know that we didn't have bartenders at the last party and this cause some backup at the second floor bar. By adding our own bars and keeping the price exactly the same, it will keep people at the party and not have to stand in line for what seemed like hours for a drink.

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Will those be included in the "$4 domestics" price? Please say yes, or better yet, tell me there will be a volume discount and it will only cost $1 per. ;)

24. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Each bar is going to be stocked with extra Coronas, with more standing by, just in case.

*rubs hands together*

"Excellent"

25. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I personally hate beer. I can't stand the taste, so i generally drink half and then toss it out.

Anyways, are there going to be other kind of drinks there, besides beer? If so, I'll be one happy partier. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.