main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official Geriatric ward of the JC

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by darthmomm, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Well hello everyone over the age of 25...(or likeminded individuals). Now, I know that this type of...activity if you may, had been discussed in Communications...toic was locked..but THIS is the place where we old people can discuss things like...raising children (with some possible imput from some of the younger members of the JC), gardening, cooking...ect. You know, all of the things that bore the younger...jetset crowd.

Post AWAY!!!!

Bah bah bah...baba bah bah bah..this is planet earth........ :D

Goody two, goody two...goody goody two shoes...dont drink dont smoke, what do you do...... :D (ok, so I am an 80's girl)

And a fond farewell to this thread.

2. CUBIE_HOLE

CUBIE_HOLE Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    Thank God I'm not Geriatric.

I'm 22, but I act like I'm 12, or maybe 13, but only for formal occasions. 8-}

I'm a Bady Two Shoes, because I do drink, I do smoke.(it's the remix) :D

Oh, um, raising children doesn't bore me, but it does scare the hell out of me. It would be scary to know that a human life was in my hands.(If you knew how I lived, you would understand.)

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    30 going on 16 here. :D

I don't drink or smoke though.

4. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    You know, I had a hard time when I turned 30...but an even harder time turning 31...why? Well, when you are 30, you are just 30, but when you are 31, you are IN your 30's...

***Shudders to think about it.....***

5. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Technically the 30th birthday is next week...I'm trying not to think about it.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm 30. And I'm happy to have this thread, even though our forum proposal got nuked. Thanks DarthMomm :D

Anyway...

Having been a big Beatles fan, and a very big Harrison fan, I was quite surprised that I wasn't at all upset on hearing of George's passing.

I can only think that it's been a long time coming what with all the cancers and stabbing, that I'm almost happy he's no longer suffering.

Another reason why his death didn't upset me was probably because he has been fairly inactive musically over the past 15 years, though I hear he had recorded a "parting shot" album over the last few months. No doubt my emotions will catch up with me when it is released & I listen to his "final" words.

7. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    I turn 32 in 5 days. Does that count me in? I feel like I'm about 17 though.

8. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I still haven't spoken my age since I turned.....

I can't even write it.

9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I asked PreacherBoy to up the proposal thread in Communications and link through to this topic.

Hopefully we can get a few more of the wrinklies posting here. :D

To get the ball rolling, I propose those of us who can, post photos of their kids!

Here's my daughter, Leila, who is coming up to 8 Months old (though she should only be 6 months old);

[image=http://www.dimmer.co.nz/leila-7mos.jpg]

10. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    I have grey hair, does that allow me to be in this thread?

11. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Ey? What's that ya say, sonny? Speak into the horn, will ya?

But seriously, I just had to post here, being the oldest male member.

OMG! Did I just say "male member" ???

:eek:

12. B.J. Zanzibar

B.J. Zanzibar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 7, 1999
    I'm 30, but I've yet to show much interest in cooking or gardening. I do like children -- boiled.

13. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    OMG! Did I just say "male member" ???

Hehehehe...I like that...that was funny!!!

I will post pics of my kids when I figure out how to do it....... [face_plain]. Many of us old people are resistant to new technology.... :D

I am glad to see that there is some interest here!!!

I myself was very sad to hear of Harrisons passing, I grew up on the stories of the Beatles.... :(

Now, all of you in your 30's...tell me, what has changed for you attitude wise being in your 30's.
    One thing I like is that I no longer care about what people think about me. I am comfortable with who I am as a person. My life is establishing well, I have a great family....I do not need to impress someone of the opposite sex in order to get a husband..I have one. AND, high fashion no longer means anything to me. :D

Other than that...I hate being over 30..... :D

14. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    I'm 31, and I'm no damn geriatric!

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, do you have a self-depreciating sense of humour?

Ahhh. Never mind

16. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I'm 28 and I'm not old.

No, I'm not in denial. :p

Okay, maybe I am in denial. ;)

EDIT: Your daughter is precious, jp-30. :)

ANOTHER EDIT: My spelling is atrocious today. Blame it on age. ;)

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It's nice to be amongst those who actually saw "Star Wars" in theatres when it was released in 1977/78. :D

18. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    "I grew up on stories of the Beatles"

You ain't old if you grew up on "stories" of the Beatles!

I remember watching them on Ed Sullivan when I was 13! I grew up WITH the Beatles!

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Who would have thought, 30 years ago, we'd all be sitting here drinking Château de Chaselet?

Them days we were glad to have the price of a cup of tea

20. PadmeSkywalker

PadmeSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2000
    Over 25 is not old! :b

21. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    jp-30 , I did not get to see Star Wars when it actually came out because my older sister told my mother that Obi-Won got his head cut off and she refused to let me go to see it. Luckily, I got to see the Holiday Special that night! Whoo-hoo!

22. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    If it makes you feel any better, Maveric, I didn't see it in theaters, either. :)

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    jp-30 , I did not get to see Star Wars when it actually came out because my older sister told my mother that Obi-Won got his head cut off and she refused to let me go to see it. Luckily, I got to see the Holiday Special that night! Whoo-hoo!

LOL

My parents saw it and were worried that the smouldering bodies of Owen & Beru would give me nightmares. After weeks of nagging, as only a 6 year old can do, they took me. Front row seats! I had my neck croocked back for 2.5 hours, loving every minute of the film.

I didn't even SEE Beru & Owen's bodies. Looking back, maybe dad was passing me a Choc-Bomb to distract me, I don't know.

Mind you, for years afterwards I thought the Tie Fighters were piloted by the goodies (I had a magazine with this image on the cover, and I couldn't comprehend the bad guys shooting down good guys, I guess).
    [image=http://www.kki.net.pl/michalm/4.jpg]

And I thought Vader & Stormtroopers were robots, but I think most other kids did too.

24. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    After I saw Star Wars for the umpteenth time on HBO (I never saw Beru and Owen's bodies until I got the SE widescreen) I had a nightmare in which my mother brought me home in our car and she put the garage door down after we were inside. At the house we have a window in the door that leads from the garage into the house, and I saw my Dad looking at us through the window. But it wasn't my Dad, it WAS VADER!!!!! AHHHH!!! Then I looked at my mom and she was a Storm trooper!!!! Then I woke up.

Now that I look back on that, I wonder if this was pre-Empire or after. I saw Empire on HBO, so if it was pre-Empire, that was pretty precognizant of me, don't you think?

Anybody want to see my kids? I have 2 year old twins and a three month old boy.

http://pages.tca.net/franke4/

They went to bed early tonight because they were too rowdy and Dylan (The oldest boy twin) had not had a nap and was very grouchy!

Kids!!!

25. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    Anybody want to see my kids? I have 2 year old twins and a three month old boy.

AAAHHHH...oh my gosh...you are going to have 3 toddlers toddling around the house!!!!!! :eek: . I have ONE (toddler that is,) and an 11 yr old that KNOWS EVERYTHING.

OK, I am going to figure out how to post pictured..... [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.