main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Han Solo Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Agent_SkywalKer, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    Yeah, he does!

And not to forget....one of the best ships of the Star Wars Saga:

[image=http://music.jnu.edu.cn/air-net/Images/Star%20Wars/PIC/Millennium%20Falcon%20III.JPG]

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Agreed

3. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005

The millenium Falcon I would argue is *THE* best ship ! [face_dancing]

I mean, after all, it *IS* the ship that made the kessel run in less than twelve parsecs....8-}

4. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Definitely, though the X-Wing makes me conflicted on it being the best :p

but anyway it's clearly the only ship that could make the Kessel Run in twelve measurements of distance. (I still love that the EU actually explained that)

5. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Dec 3, 2005
    My 'favorite' Han is from The Empire Stikes Back too.

And Han did shoot first!

6. Ani_Lover

Dec 15, 2005
    My favorite Han is TESB Han too......YUMMY!! =P~

And of course Han shot first!! [face_not_talking] :D

7. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Dec 3, 2005
    From Wikipedia:

According to Expanded Universe literature, navigating the Maw black hole cluster is extremely hazardous. Ships making runs must take long complex courses to avoid the dangerous singularities and gravity distortions of the cluster. However, it is speculated that Solo brazenly shaved by the gravity wells, thus achieving a run under a distance of 12 parsecs where a safer route would be much longer. This shorter run, by necessity, would require a faster ship than more circuitious routes, since a slower ship would not be able to resist the gravitational pull of the closer black-holes.

The question of whether Solo was boasting about the speed of his ship, or his skillful abilities at piloting is still debated amongst fans. One could also look at the wording of the quote and consider Solo may have been mentioning another aspect of the Falcon's fame that is unrelated to its speed - that she earned prestige for surviving a dangerous short-distanced Kessel Run, as well as being "fast".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kessel_Run

8. Ani_Lover

Dec 15, 2005
    That's interesting....I always knew he was telling the truth. So what if he brags a little right?? :cool:

9. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Dec 3, 2005
    I think that's how he got his reputation.

I have only read 'Truce at Bakura' and the 'Thrawn Trilogy' as EU with Han. Any more good books to read?

10. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Well, if you know wild_karrde's prediction of Han's death than The Unifying Force was great considering that Luceno seemed to just be messing with Karrde throughout the entire book. I liked his characterization in Dark Nest as well but, I liked pretty much everyone's in that.

11. Ani_Lover

Dec 15, 2005
    Sadly i have not read any EU. SHAME ON ME!! I really need to.....

I have Heir to the Empire ( or was it Shadows of the Empire?? :confused: )packed away somewhere but I never read it.

What books should i start with first?? That's part of the reason I never did, I just didn't know where to start. [face_worried]

I am reading LOE though.....anything with Anakin of course. :p

12. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Dec 3, 2005
    Truce at Bakura, it's just after the battle of Endor. Great story, Luke falls in love, Force Ghost Anakin and action.

13. Ani_Lover

Dec 15, 2005
    Okay thanks. I'm going to see if my library has that. :)

14. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm relatively new to the EU myself (I decided a couple of months ago that I was going to quit being a movies-only girl and dabble into the EU :p) Does anyone have any recommendations for which of the EU books have the best characterizations of Han? So far, I have only read two books in their entirity (Labyrinth of Evil, which was in the Clone Wars era, and Shadows of the Empire, in which Han was frozen in carbonite), and quite obviously haven't seen much of Han :(

On a side note, I am currently reading The Courtship of Princess Leia, which I think has so far had some pretty interesting Han moments ;)

15. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    You may want to start with Tatooine Ghost by Troy Denning. Denning does an excellent characterization of Han in all of his Star Wars books. Aaron Allston does a great job with his character as well.

16. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I agree 100% about Tatooine Ghost, Denning is great at writing Han and Leia.

17. Ani_Lover

Dec 15, 2005
    I forgot about Tatooine Ghost.....

I have heard from many people that it's an awesome book. That's what I will read next.....:)

18. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Dec 3, 2005
    Yes, I must look for it muself too. I only hope that they have it in Holland.

19. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Woah it's been a while since i've been in here.

Glad to see the HS Club still alive and kicking! [face_dancing]

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Brian Daley's Han Solo Adventures and the Han Solo Trilogy are also must reads. I would actually start with them if you're looking for good characterizations of Han, but that's just me. But I do agree that Troy Denning does an excellent job with Han.

I also want to chime in here and say that's it's great to see this place alive again. :D

21. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I've been meaning to try out the Han Solo Adventures and the Han Solo trilogy as I've heard nothing but praise about them.

22. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    [image=http://holonesquik.free.fr/han%20Solo.JPG]

23. soma07

soma07 Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2006
    I've also been a reader of the Han Solo Adventures too, years ago I saw they had comics for Han Solo at Star's End and Han Solo's Revenge I've never been able to find these again but the illustrations are great if anybody knows where I could find them let me know

24. Tatooine_92

Tatooine_92 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    I haven't read any EU books...except one...and I hated it. But oh well. I still love Han! So I'm joining this club! [face_dancing]

My favorite Han is definitely ESB, although he's got a cute grin in ANH...*purrs* Leia's one lucky princess!

25. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    this place still exists? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.