main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official HoloNetNews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Well apparently what I got out of both your and kadue's comments, is that it ok to talk about HNN here but no where else.

Practically everything else that is AOTC related has to go into that other aotc thread.

2. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Pretty much. So HNN discussion is welcome in this thread.

3. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Just don't mention that Jar Jar is Sidious or that Dooku is going to marry Padme.¹ Imagine living in the GFFA - you don't know what's about to happen a month and half from now, and so you?re not discussing it :)

¹ No, Jar Jar is not Sidious, and Dooku isn't marrying Padme. Those were silly sample spoilers, just to make a point.

4. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    No update yet... :( Isn't it usually around this time?

5. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    That's what Val has been lstening to me say for the past hour . :( I think je's getting tired of listening to it

He thinks I dunno bout that blaster under his table. :p

6. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    I feel like a wimp, going to the site, hoping for an update...

C'mon guys, let's go! We're dying here!

7. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Where is it? :(

8. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Dun think there will be one tonight.

9. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    IT'S UP! GO, BABY, GO!!!!

10. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    [image=http://www.holonetnews.com/51/img/what_scan_51.gif]

Who's Gideon Tarkin?

Kinman Doriana gets a mention.

"Raith Sienar proudly displays his new SIE-TIE engine"

Sebulba gets a mention...

"Ebenn Q3 Baobab; A HNN Special Feature" [face_laugh]

11. ImperialFC

ImperialFC Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    Loved the new issue:
    New phrases to learn, and an art discussion:
    Art and Language

This story seems to be based on the many SSD length debates, sort of :)

Holo Actor Height

This one shows the birth of the twin ion engine, and may explain why the original TIE series did not have shields, hyperdrives, or life support (the problems must have been fixed with the "Avenger" and Defender lines).

SIE-TIE

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    gideon tarkin was brother of wilhuff tarkin he was from WEG, and had a daughter ravoche tarkin. He was killed during some massacre.

13. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] :
    Although the entertainment industry is abuzz with the casting choice of Harlan Ottekvar for the role of Lord Baltharog in Myris Pictures' big budget Quest for Quasar adaptation, a small but vocal undercurrent of devoted fans have taken to the HoloNet to criticize the decision.

"According to the original sourcebook, Baltharog is 1.89 meters tall. Ottekvar is only 1.84 meters, maybe 1.86 in boots. Do they expect us to overlook this?" said Groz "QuasarKing327" Niclari on his public HoloNet infocache. Niclari hosts the largest fan-run Quasar infocache, and has collected nearly 1.5 million signatures in his online petition to have Ottekvar replaced. The height discrepancy is only one contentious issue (though some fans are quick to point out that the 1.89 meters came from a spin-off source, and thus is not canon). "Ottekvar is just too famous. Whenever I see his face, I think SuperKnight: The Awakening, or Webb Tenger: PeaceBuster, not Baltharog." Ottekvar himself is unphased by the outcry. "C'mon guys. It's only a holo," he said.

Quest for Quasar, directed by Mryis' proprietary HoloMaker 4.0, opens next summer.

14. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    "According to the original sourcebook, Baltharog is 1.89 meters tall. Ottekvar is only 1.84 meters, maybe 1.86 in boots. Do they expect us to overlook this?"

Eh, the "fans" were just eyeballing it. It's their interpretation of a faked, forced perspective. ;)

The height discrepancy is only one contentious issue (though some fans are quick to point out that the 1.89 meters came from a spin-off source, and thus is not canon).

Hehe. They said "canon". :D

"C'mon guys. It's only a holo," he said.

ROFL! [face_laugh]

Quest for Quasar, directed by Mryis' proprietary HoloMaker 4.0...

Directed by a droid or something? ;)

15. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Talk of your Jedi Mind Tricks!

Two younger Jedi Padawans attempted to contain the activists, but were unwilling to injure them with their brandished lightsabers. The unruly mob pushed into the Second Atrium when Jedi Masters Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon arrived.

"Disperse immediately," commanded Koon. "You are likely to injure yourselves if you continue, and we do not want that to happen."

"We will disperse immediately," repeated the crowd, uniformly, "We are likely to injure ourselves if we continue, and you do not want that to happen."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

16. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    The height discrepancy is only one contentious issue (though some fans are quick to point out that the 1.89 meters came from a spin-off source, and thus is not canon).

Wow, its like a small window into the Lit forum.

17. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    cool stuff! More notes as I pick this issue apart.

"Tanjay IV Representative Dead in Crash"
    Check out The Approaching Storm pg. 71! I was wondering if they'd cover this story!

"Boon Calls Loyalists a Shadow Government"
    Kinman Doriana gets a mention.

Isn't the planet Kabal from the Archie Goodwin strips?

And "The Scarlet Pirate" Holoshow is from the Marvel/Star comics Droids comic # 3...though strangely enough, the Holonet News claims the show has reached its "series finale." Now, the show is still running in Droids # 3, so one would assume the comics take place before Episode II..except that 3PO and R2 are together in them. Hmmm...I've said this before, but maybe the comics are set pre-Episode I? Before the Droids got seperated? Or maybe Llez is listening to reruns and Rejjack is merely a lot like "The Scarlet Pirate."

18. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah, that's right. It will become a nuetral world at the time of the GCW. Nice to see another Star comics reference (another can be found in Gamer #9.) I can't belive it took fifteen years for it to be mentioned someplace. :)

Loved the Quest article, and the Baobab section, I hope they do more of those.

TC

19. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Hmm...never mind. In Droids # 3, the show is called "Space Pirates of the Galaxy," which stars "The Scarlet Pirate." Redjakk the Pirate is in fact, unrelated to The Scarlet Pirate character but is little pirate obsesses Llez's personal hero.

I guess a different show, starring the same character (a spinoff, I suppose) got started a few decades later. Makes sense. Happens here all the time (Batman...Superman).

20. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    If the Star Comics Droids really happened -100 BBY, then The Scarlet Pirate has been running over 78 years! And Reddjak is probably long dead in a Republic prison.

21. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "Yeah, that's right. It will become a nuetral world at the time of the GCW. Nice to see another Star comics reference (another can be found in Gamer #9.) I can't belive it took fifteen years for it to be mentioned someplace. "

Kabal is also in the Corellian Trilogy.

22. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Bubba, I think the Droids comics are now supposed to take place at about 18 BBY, so as to allow for Threepio's TPM backstory.

TC

23. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Yes...although probably closer to the Droids cartoon at 1.5 years BBY (yes, I've figured out a way to make all the dates work with Rebel Dawn and all that stuff with no contradictions!). I'll start a thread on all that tommorow.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> While RSS gave no specific details on incorporation of the twin ion engine in to their existing line of starships, reports indicate that power-yield compatibility issues with current hyperdrive, life-support and shielding technologies may prove prohibitive.<<

So perhaps the Empire wasn't just being cheap when they skimped on the shields and hyperdrive?

"According to the original sourcebook, Baltharog is 1.89 meters tall. Ottekvar is only 1.84 meters, maybe 1.86 in boots. Do they expect us to overlook this?"<<

LOL, reminds me of all the talk and complaining about Wolverine's height when they were making the X-Men movie.

>>(though some fans are quick to point out that the 1.89 meters came from a spin-off source, and thus is not canon)<<

hehe

25. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001

>Yes...although probably closer to the Droids cartoon at 1.5 years BBY (yes, I've figured out a way to >make all the dates work with Rebel Dawn and all that stuff with no contradictions!). I'll start a thread on >all that tommorow.

Um, the Droids cartoon is officially 5 BBY.

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.