main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official HoloNetNews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    They are Teeks.

A yeep=teek.

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Whats a teek ?[face_plain]

I guess I should of been more specific. Where in EU does one find a teek ?[face_plain]

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Teeks are from Lucas's Ewok Movie: The battle for endor.

The HNN has a picture of one next to the article.

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Thanks I knew I remembered the furry little thing from somewhere I just didn't know where.

I should of put one and one together when it was the pic that I remembered not the name [face_blush]

5. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    It's interesting that the HNN supports a theory of mine that I've been considering over the last three years. In short, one of the key factors in the fall of the Jedi (aside from a asswhupping from the Chosen One) is bad PR. I mean you have a organization that's been around for since the dawn of the republic - all of this goes poof and cast aside in the space of 20 or so years? There had to have been something more than just Vader putting the hurt down - I was certain that Paplatine had to have been doing some serious spin to slander the Jedi.

The obvious one is all the good press that the Jedi order has been getting over the Baby Lundi situation - but there's more to it than that. Look at all the stories where something goes down - the brawl in the spaceport, an assassination - and someone says "Where are the Jedi when you need them?", or words to that effect.

People becoming resentful when the Jedi don't swoop down like Superman and save their cat out of a tree? Palpatine must be eating this up, if not somehow masterminding the whole thing from behind the scenes.

I cant wait to use this in my role playing game. . .

6. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    You'd never believe me if I told you it's already been updated...

And you'd be right. :p

It'll be soon, though.

7. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    About 6 hours. [face_plain] :D

8. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    6 PM PST/ 9 PM EST seem to be the standard hour for the release.

Think we'll see Anison or TAS this time around? I'm not sure how long Anakin, Obi-Wan, Lumiandi and Bariss were in the desert. Or for that matter, how much coverage events on inconsequential Anison will get.

Guess we will all see soon! :)

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep, about 2 and a half hours.

10. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Soon now!

Well, I've got "The Empire Strikes Back" on Fox to keep me occupied. :)

11. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    It's up.

12. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Hey, Qu Rahn gets a mention! :D

And the Clone Wars Dossier folks should like this one:
    JUDICIARY ARCOLOGY, CORUSCANT - The Senate and the Judicial Department have approved increased restriction on the distribution and use of cloaking devices and related technologies yesterday. In an effort to keep such sensor countermeasures from "falling into the wrong hands" and to help preserve the dwindling stockpiles of non-renewable cloaking resources found on Aeten II, the new legislation imposes strict export tariffs on cloaking componentry, particularly the stygium crystals mined in the Dreighton Nebula. In the meantime, the Techno Union continues its development of alternative forms of cloaking technology, particularly explorations in countering the unfortunate "double blind" side-effect of hibridium-based techniques.

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    "Though holo-records are sketchy due to their angle of recording, it appears Windu knocked Tejere unconcious through pressure applied to his clavicle."
    :confused: [face_shocked] :D Mace Windu knows the "Vulcan Nerve Pinch!" [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

14. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Reeft (Jedi Apprentice) and Cradossk (The Bounty Hunter War) are given mentions as well. And poor Jar jar got himself looked in a cloak room. :) Also, the bit about Gunray and Amidala was classic. :) Stone mites are mentioned. The nerve pinch has been mentioned before, (see CSW:TEA.)

TC

15. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Newsflash to the Supreme Chancellor: Palpatine, love how you govern, but whoever told you red was the new blue was dangerously aphasic.

Now, Padmé Amidala ? exquisite. A veritable confection that should be denied those with blood-glucose issues. Decked out in pale blue with a hat that was simply so chic and so now. I had to resist the urge to snatch it off her head and wear it myself, she positively radiated elegance. What does she do to keep her skin so silken and gorgeous? And how can I steal her haidresser?
    :D :D

16. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    What about this one?

Val, dearest. Your ego may be smarting from the ousting ten years ago, but you really can do better. Much better.

:D I laughed. ;)

17. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    The nerve pinch was in TPM. Qui-Gon uses it on Jar Jar in the bongo scene. Obi-Wan: "I think you overdid it."

18. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Actually, he didn't. Watch the scene again, and check the novel. Qui-Gon never touched Jar Jar, he was just using the Force to calm him down, (you can see him waving his hand.)

TC

19. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Those guys do their jobs to well! :D

20. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    Actually, he didn't. Watch the scene again, and check the novel. Qui-Gon never touched Jar Jar, he was just using the Force to calm him down, (you can see him waving his hand.)

Yes he did. Watch it carefully, Qui-Gon clearly places his right hand on Jar Jar's left shoulder and squeezes it, while saying "Relax".

From the TMP Illustrated Screenplay, p. 25:

QUI-GON puts his hand on JAR JAR's shoulder. JAR JAR relaxes into a coma.

21. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    The planet Leria Kerlsil only accepts male refugees :D [face_laugh] A nice reference to what fate almost befelled poor Lando in Assault at Selonia.

22. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Err, I meant Ambush at Corellia. too late to edit

23. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Poor refugees.

It turns out those Alien Chronicles books now exist within the GFFA. Check the new issue's Sports section. You'll see that the Aaroun and the Viis Empire are mentioned.

24. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Today's issue should be coming soon.

25. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Again, not soon enough. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.