main
side
curve

The Official HoloNetNews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Actually, the mites were created by rogue Arkanian scientists.

2. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned Billey yet, although I forget where he comes from.

Anyone like to inform me?

3. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Upping this baby for tonight!

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    So, will tonights be pre-AOTC, post-AOTC, or no update at all?

5. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    I don't know, but I'd guess that this will probably cover AotC.

6. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Wasn't tonight the night to "tune in" to see the vote on the clone army ?[face_plain]

7. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    We'll hear about the Military Creation Act, but the Battle of Geonosis won't happen for another three days. ;)

8. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    "We'll hear about the Military Creation Act, but the Battle of Geonosis won't happen for another three days."

7 days actually, by my count (In the novel, at least)

9. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Hmmmm...TimeTales says that AotC takes place from May 16 to the 19th. According the novel, you say, the date'll have to be changed.

10. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Yeah, they're wrong. You gotta factor in all the info from the novel, the Boba Fett book, etc.

11. ForceAlly

ForceAlly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    The newest edition of HNN is up! The headlight is the AOTC opening scene, and it seems this issue leads to the begin of AOTC.

12. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    So, it looks as if this won't be the last issue!

13. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Hopefully not. Though I'm starting to suspect that they'll just have one final update on AotC this Sunday. They did release the first issue on a Sunday.

14. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Well, the website was revealed on a sunday...it had actually been around since 2/28

15. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Any discussion of the full-bore AOTC spoiler version of HNN should go [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6877437&replies=2]here[/link].

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>For the first time in 300 years, Cybot Galactica will manufacture droids that do not comply with the Universal Socket Interface standard. The company announced today that select units shipped later this year will instead utilize their proprietary Advanced Appendage Bus to connect limbs, heads and other appendages to the central processor.<<

hehe...reminds me of the whole USB/firewire thing. Not to mention explains how 3PO...EDIT: spoilers removed after seeing Gandalf's post.

17. VILLIEMACE

VILLIEMACE Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2001
    In the picture of Dooku when he was younger and standing with Yoda and Tyvorka, am i right in thinking that is a young Qui gon with him?

18. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Hmm. It was updated again! Twice in one week?!

19. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    The second one wasn't a full update, methinks, just a few updated stories a couple hours later. Or have they updated since then?

20. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Yeah, I noticed now. I wasn't able to see the orignal article though, and I want to! They need to archive it. :(

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I wonder if they'll be updating it each day for the next few days, parrarelling the progression of the events in AOTC?

22. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    IMPORTANT! (to me, at least): Does anyone have the text from the article preceeding this one, about the attack and the blurb about Amidala's life history? If you have the pictures as well, that would be cool. I desperately need this, so if anyone can spare it, I'd greatly appreciate it!

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    This was posted on TF.N's E2 section, however the part about her life history was not posted with it...

Security and medical workers from the nearby Naboo embassy are rushing to the scene to investigate. It is currently believed that Senator Padmé Amidala is among the dead.

As per safety protocols, the cruiser avoided the more heavily trafficked skyroutes as it flew from orbital space into Galactic City. The explosion does not appear to be the result of malfunction, but rather a deliberate bombing. It is too early to conclusively tell, but the explosion appears to have originated from the cruiser and not the landing platform, suggesting sabotage originating from offworld.

Senator Amidala, 24, was arriving on Coruscant to cast her vote in the Military Creation Act. The leader of the opposition against Republic militarization, Amidala had no shortage of enemies wishing to silence her.

More on this tragedy as it develops; paid subscribers to the full-feed edition of HoloNet News will receive round-the-chrono coverage and updates on this developing story.

24. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Is this from the HNN web site's version, or was it a special posting, like one of those alerts that Homing Beacon sends out to your personal e-mail account?

25. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    It was on the web last night, but they replaced it with the story on Amidala's survival.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.