main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official HoloNetNews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    I know! Is there anyway I can find an archieved version of last night's report?

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I guess not. :( Thanks for that part of it, Quest.

3. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Is there anyway to contact the HNN people? ANYONE?

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Possibly...

Look at the end of policy webpage:

here

Webmaster
    P.O. Box 2009
    San Rafael, CA 94912
    (415) 662-1555
    Attn: Webmaster

5. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I have a question. This HNN article says that Tarkin's first name is Gideon. I always though that his name was Wilhuff (see here). Is this even the same Tarkin ?[face_plain]

6. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    It's his brother. In the Rebellion Era, Gideon has a daughter named Rivoche Tarkin, who's a spy for the alliance.

7. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Okay, gotcha. Thanks! :D

8. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    This is the defining day. Will we get an update or not?

9. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Y'know, I might contact Joe Corroney. He does the art for HNN, so he must get the dirt on a lot of articles.

Coolest part is, he lives in Columbus, Ohio too! I wonder if he lives near me...:D

10. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    There's a new message on the HoloNet News site.

Very creepy...

11. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Dammit! Its down, look at the "update." Gah, this is so, so bad. I'm going to cry now.

12. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    What? Is this the final update or something?

13. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Wouldn't you think?

I hate Palaptine for the first time now. Why did he have to make the Empire and shut down the Holonet? Go Rebels!

14. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Well I guess that answers the question of whether they are going to have the site running through till episode 3.

I really think that sucks.

But I can't say I expected anything more.

I think they should keep having monthly updates. Even if its just crap that doesn't have any effect on Episode 3. Or even if its in another era! I loved HNN.

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I heard rumors that it was going to end soon after AOTC release, I guess this answers that.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    We should have gotten one more update about the start of the war, to lead into this emergency channel message ::(

Damnit, I wanted confirmation for the Jedi Survivors thread![face_batting]

17. JudroBathens

JudroBathens Jedi Master star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    Yeah... I'm a little disappointed, myself. I was hoping for breaking news on the war's outbreak.

On the other hand--if they had to end it, this was a beautiful way of doing it. Fits well with Palpy's M.O. The instant he gets those emergency powers, boom. Suddenly no one knows what's going on.

A) Its part in Palpy's rise to power seems obvious (might explain how he gets away with wiping out the Jedi--people never get a chance to find the truth

and B) it fits perfectly with the EU notions of the restriction of the HoloNet and the general lack of definitive knowledge of the events of the Clone Wars (see the Essential Chronology's description of the Wars for a good example).

18. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Still, I find it depressing one of my weekly traditions has come to an end. I still wish they could "find" lost isssues, perhaps dealing with things between Episode I and II.

And they should do something to preserve HNN. Especially the now-lost flash reporting Padme's death.

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Exactly, it's what makes it so easy for the palpatine to rewrite history, hide it, and restrict during the empire. Most don't know what happened, so palpatine can tell them what happened any way he wants, so easy for propaganda to be spread for him.

20. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    :( :(

Well, now I have a reason to hate Jar Jar... :p

:( anyway.

21. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Nooooo!!!! It's not fair!!!

Man, I am really going to miss this. they had just BETTER do something similar for Episode 3...

I suppose the real reason is that there is no finalised script for Episode 3, so George would be changing backstory elements all the time, meaning that it would be difficult to make HNN stories compliant with the final backstory. But I still wanted to see patchy coverage about an "incident" on Geonosis, and the Emergency Powers vote. It's not fair. :(

22. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    "No...That's not true. That's impossible!"

Kinda late on this, but...

And...confirmation that Nejaa Halycon is INDEED alive at 22 BBY. None of this "two clone wars" business.

This is not good.

Either this Nejaa Halcyon is an imposter, or Hal fathered Corran at the age of 12 or so. It has to be one or the other. And I don't like either fix. I'll have to contact Dan about this and see what he thinks...

23. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    Maybe this matter will be cleared up and the emergency order lifted, say in about three years?

I figured it would end after the release, and I like how they closed it...but I did want it to continue.

24. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    hmmm...regarding Hal Horn...dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is...

But I'm sure it isn't an imposter. Maybe Corran (or whoever) was just wrong about how old Hal was during the Clone Wars?

25. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Hmm. I think it was Corran's grandfather that said Hal was 10 when Nejaa died following the Clone Wars. Now, if that was at 20 BSW4, that would make Hal all of 30 during ANH, while Corran would be about 18. Much too young.

Yes, I think Corran's grandfather could have been mistaken...I'll look over my notes and see if that works...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.