main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official HoloNetNews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    R.I.P. HNN :_|

I do hope they bring it back sometime.

2. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I miss it too. :_| This is so sad! :(

3. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Hey! Maybe they'll bring it back as a government-run propaganda machine! All the stories would take on a pro-Palpy, anti-Jedi slant. Some things would go unreported, and some things would just be made up completely. Wouldn't that be cool?! They could keep the whole in-the-dark thing but also keep updating!

4. DarthSikle

DarthSikle Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    HELP!!

I'm trying to print every page of Holo Net News as a keepsake, however, i shrink the page to fit letter size, but on the right side of the page, the last few words are cut off

I am using IE. can someone please help

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ugh... I know this! *mind blank* Dangit...

As for HNN, I would love to see Imperial propaganda. It would be just as funny...

Go Empire!!

6. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    DarthSikle, I have copied and pasted all of the HNN articles (save for the "Amidala Killed" one). Do you need help?

7. Infinata

Infinata Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    The Amidala Killed (actually Amidala Attacked) story has since been archived on the site. It's right underneath the Amidala Alive one.

It's right here.

ph

8. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Oh sweet Jesus yes thank you I love you thank you.

9. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Shouldn't you be thanking the folks at LFL for archiving the Amidala Attacked story? But I am thrilled for it too.

BTW, I just recently got the full run of Adventure Journal. The sad and simple fact is we should have known the abrupt cutoff was coming.

If I may, from Star Wars Adventure Journal #3, Pg. 18: "Soon after coming to power, Emperor Palpatine discovered a great deal of communication hostile to the New Order was taking place on the HoloNet, and that news of Imperial atrocities was reaching the Core even as he brought the outlying systems forcefully into the fold. He shut it down with little warning, maintaining only a skeleton network for use by his military machine. This threw the young Empire into chaos, but Palpatine now controlled the distribution of information.

Italics are mine. Useless info for you and yours.

10. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Actually, considering how much they kept to WEG stuff, we should have been on the ball and known about it.

11. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    ROTFLOL! So here we were, speculating as to the future of HoloNet News, and it was under our noses the whole time! LOL! :)

TC

12. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Well, I knew about that, but the AJ article implies that it doesn't really happen until the Republic officially becomes the Empire. So I was hoping HNN to continue for another good three years.

13. MattPeriolat

Aug 16, 2001
    Well, it actually fits with how sudden the shift was. I don't think Palpy will actually declare an Empire until Episode III. The shift does for sure seem to be underway as of Episode II, that's for darn sure.

14. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Yup, it's one of those things that's on the "Gotta-Happen-In-Episode III" Checklist...but basically, the Old Republic's already the Galactic Empire at the end of the film, and only a couple of characters realize it.

15. DarthSikle

Oct 29, 2000
    Please help...how cn i print Holo Net NEws without cutting off the last few words on the right?

16. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    He shut it down eh? Well we'll just have to make our own HNN right here at the JC then, he can't shut that down can he, Hah! :D

17. MattPeriolat

Aug 16, 2001
    Which is ALSO what happened. Rebels ran their own HoloNet communications once the Empire took over. More than one of them met a very unpleasent end though.

18. DarthSikle

Oct 29, 2000
    How can i print the weather in each issue of Holo Net News??
    I can only seem to get it when i print all linked pages, that wastes a lot of paper, where is the link each isse?

EDIT:

Never mind, I figured it out meself!

19. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    The weather thing was randomized, as I recall.

20. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Okay... Well... I hesitated a while before doing this post...

I was able to save the whole website. You can see all the pages as they are intended to be seen.

However, there are a few 'problems'.

1. You can see it only if the files are located in your root folder (usually c:\). Files like the main page, the credit page, the TOS page, etc. must be in c:\. Then the issues folder should be as such : i. e. c:\56\ .

2. Some links are not links to HTML files, but to folders. Which means Windows will open the folder, and not the file in the folder. It works fine when it's on an online server, though. So you have to browse manually to open some files. (Usually not the news themselves, but the issues' main file.)

3. The TOS says that you can have one copy for your personal home use. That's the file I provide. But you should not use the content of the file to open a mirror site (anyway, as long as the official site is open, I see no reason to do so) or modify the files in any way. If you decide to do so, I'm not responsible for it.

The file, HNN.zip, is hosted on FilesAnywhere, with the login 'Holonet' and the pass 'Download'.

Just remember to unzip it in c:\ if you want it to work.

PS : If anyone has a FTP server that could host the file, please PM me.

21. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    thanks, prince

22. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Or... just go here... did I miss something? ?[face_plain]

23. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Your link won't work if LFL takes the site down, JMED. In a far, far away future. ;)

BTW, the file will remin on filesanywhere for only about 20 days, so be quick. ;)

24. DarthSikle

Oct 29, 2000
    i actually printed every page and bound them into books

Four bookd consisting of three issues each

25. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Xizor,

I could not download it. It wanted me to purchase software to download a file larger than 2 MB. Did you put it together yourself, or obtain a full copy with all the scripts and so forth?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.