main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official HoloNetNews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    "VIRGILLIAN NODE - The Jedi diplomatic envoy dispatched to broker peace talks in the Virgillian Civil War has been declared lost after having been missing for three standard weeks. Four Jedi -- Masters Ludwin Katarkus and Everen Ettene plus their Padawans Danyawarra and Halagad Ventor -- left Coruscant last month to try to settle the two-year old conflict between the Virgillian Free Alignment and the Aristocracy. Upon arrival, their transport was attacked and destroyed. The Jedi Temple will be holding services for the fallen protectors tomorrow."

OOH! HALAGAD VENTOR!

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    No the math turns out to be 22 after you figure out actually. 22, is 35 because of the math. episode 3 takes place at 22, but = 35 with the way mav figured it out.

3. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Confirmation of various dating systems:

"RM&S Debates Calendar Reform

MENNAA, MRLSST - The Republic Measures & Standards Bureau is debating the issue of calendar reform, prompted by an independent report citing "an impending bureaucratic crisis of disparate timekeeping" in official records. According to the report, there are over 20 different dating schemes in use in various government offices throughout the Republic, all of them "official" in some capacity. "The use of multiple timekeeping schemes was originally to accommodate different cultural backgrounds," said RM&S Chair Keelen Ma, "but now it's just a tangled mess of confusion. We've got the Judiciary using the 10-month standard calendar, archivists using the Alderaanian 11-month notation, and infrastructure using a hexidecimal-based system. Researchers are getting tired of needing calendar converters in their pads." The current debate stems over which zero-point year-notation system is the best, with the Great ReSynchronization of 13 years ago and the Ruusan Reformation of a millennium ago being popular contenders. "

Also: Val, what are you saying?

4. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Did anybody else notice the 46/45 thing?

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "Halagad Ventor" [face_laugh]

"arousing the sensitive ears of the runner-up Boshuda, a Kashyyyk bolstyngar" [face_laugh]

EDIT : Yes, IATDS. You can access it via 'archive' though without typing the number.

And : "Following the unfortunate slicer attacks of 2:25, the free edition of HoloNet News is now back online and more secure than ever. Our networks now employ MerenData?s latest socketguards and a state-of-the-art Mandalmatrix system security administrator. We will spare no cost in providing you, the readers of the Republic, a fast, accurate and above-all, secure news experience."

Mandalorians are everywhere ! ;)

EDIT 1 : Cool things about the dating ! And Ruusan still well in continuity - not that I doubted it.

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Mav it sounded like your math that you were saying that what was said to be 35 also figures out to be the exact same date that figures out to be 22. Thanks to those various dating systems.

7. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Damn holy FRACKING STANG this is a sweet day for SW fans, and specifically us Completists who live for this detailed [Mighty Blasters!]

Who do you think is writing this stuff...Pablo Hidalgo? Didn't he move onto TOS, writing databank text?

I've literally only read a few reports. Later tonight I have to spend like an hour pouring over this. I feel like I'm already playing Star Wars Galaxies, living within the GFFA.

I think I'm going cry with tears of joy. :_|

8. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    [image=http://www.holonetnews.com/45/img/acloser_look_45.gif]

The Lost Twenty : UNAUTHORIZED :eek: ?[face_plain] :D

EDIT : Sturm, with my tears and my pants you can't imagine the amount of body fluids I'm releasing right now ! :D

9. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    I guarantee Pablo is writing this stuff. It's drenched in continuity!

"Mav it sounded like your math that you were saying that what was said to be 35 also figures out to be the exact same date that figures out to be 22. Thanks to those various dating systems."

Nope, what I was saying was that the calender in this website reinforces the calender dates given in the AJ holonets.

10. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    This is freaking A W E S O M E ! ! !

11. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    "RORDIS CITY, NUBIA -- After a year of disappointing sales, Industrial Automaton president Julynn Kentas confirmed that the droid manufacturing giant is canceling production on their R5-series of astromech droids. The droid was originally marketed as an affordable alternative to the higher priced R2. However, cost-cutting measures led to compromises, or what Mechtech Illustrated called "a meter-tall stack of the worst business decisions you could possibly want." IA hopes to recoup losses by reusing existing R5 shells in their moderately successful line of R2-AG and R4 agromech droids. The highly popular R2, R3 and R4 units will continue to see production."

Seems the R5 we see in post EPIII are not REAL R5... :eek:

EDIT : "JYVUS SPACE CITY, DURO -- Duros Chief Representative Officer Hoolidan Keggle formally criticized Triplanetary Press, the publishers of Encyclopedia Galactica during his State of the Union address. Calling their work "sloppy and insensitive," Keggle took offense to the Neimoidian entry, which currently reads "See: Duros." Said Keggle, "While we do recognize a distant, distant common ancestry, we have since gone very different ways. We simply do not understand how any could confuse our peoples with theirs."" [face_laugh]

[image=http://www.holonetnews.com/45/regional/img/story_2.jpg]

EDIT 1 : And the funniest for TPM DVD owners :

"DOOLIS, CAPRIORIL -- The efforts of the Ratts Tyerell Foundation have yielded the banning of Podracing on the planet Caprioril. Proconsul Shren Whist announced the closing down the Doolis Podrace Arena, which will be transformed into another facility whose function is yet to be determined. "We don?t want to see any more families torn apart by this unreasonably violent so-called sport," said the victorious Pabs Tyerell, Foundation spokesbeing and son of the late Podracing champion Ratts, who died a decade ago in competition."

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Um could you explain this in better detail please, I'm lost?

I'm refering to sturm who thinks the clone wars occured at 35 years before battle of yavin.

13. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "Um could you explain this in better detail please, I'm lost?

I'm refering to sturm who thinks the clone wars occured at 35 years before battle of yavin."

K, here we go:

In the original AJ holonets, The Battle of Yavin report is said to have occured on 35:3:9.

We now know that the vote for the Clone army occured on 13:5:16.

Subtract 13 from 35 and you have 22, in other words, this new site is using the same dating system the Adventure Journal used.

14. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    "Stark Veterans Blast Amidala
    PHELAR, ERIADU -- The Stark Veteran Assembly has publicly criticized Naboo Senator Padmé Amidala for statements attributed to her during a Peace Rally on Commenor. SVA Spokesbeing Laslo Dorits called Amidala?s statements "disgraceful, stupid and typical," during a live interview on the Eriadu talk show, Essence, last night.

SVA Spokesbeing Laslo Dorits on Essence.

"Soldiers are expendable tools for politicians like her, who don?t like to muddy or bloody their hands with the defense of the Republic," Dorits told host AndroosinLiann. "Yet it was soldiers who liberated her world a decade ago, and now she?s calling us cowards."

The statement Dorits refers to is one Amidala made to a gathering of University of Commenor students during her planet-hopping Campaign against Republic Militarization. "Warfare is the product of cowardice; it takes bravery to forego easy answers and find peaceful resolutions," the Senator said.

Amidala, who concludes her series of speeches on Chommel Minor next week, declined comment, but posted the following at the Naboo message exchange on the HoloNet.

"I have a great respect for the men and women tasked to protect their native soil. I too have lived with the specter of war, and will never forget it. What I don?t have respect for is needless warmongering of the type being conducted by alarmist elements in the Senate.""

----

"There's not been a full-scale war since..." - Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... Stark has happened.

----

And the much awaited return of Bode and Feed !

[image=http://www.holonetnews.com/45/news/img/story_4.jpg]

----

And more about JJ : "JRADE PLAZA, CORUSCANT -- He did it again; Representative Jar Jar Binks (Naboo) accidentally destroyed an elaborate ice statue at a gala fundraiser in Coruscant's posh Jrade-district last night. The notoriously maladroit Binks apparently had tucked the tablecloth upon which rested the statue into his cummerbund, and he pulled down the intricately-crafted Kime Enanrum-original when he attempted to catch tumbling canapés he had knocked from a passing waiter. This incident echoes a similar one two months ago, when Binks accidentally deactivated the sky dome at the opening of the Endangered Shreebird Aviary. "I knew he was invited to attend," said a crestfallen Enanrum, "I don't know what I was thinking even bringing it here." " [face_laugh]

15. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Awesome, awesome, awesome!

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    So mav in actuality it really doesn't strengthen sturm's 35 year clone wars dating?

17. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, I saw all there was to see... But what's best is that it's gonna be updated EVERY DAY. EACH DAY, you'll have new EU info, plus from a in-universe POV.

We couldn't have dreamt better. Thanks LFL, thanks George and everyone involved in giving us our daily dose of Star Wars ! [face_love]

18. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    This is going to take a lot to digest. Xizor, I couldn't have said it better myself. This is an EU-fan's dream come true.

Geez, with some EU Lit. vindication, the trailer playing on Fox and now this HoloNetNews.com site, I've just had the best "freaken" SW day I've had in a long time.

Happy happy joy joy!

19. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "So mav in actuality it really doesn't strengthen sturm's 35 year clone wars dating? "

I don't think so. The fact that some sort of event occured 35 years BBY that made the Republic change their calenders might point towards the end of a devstating war, but I think this is sounding less and less likely the more we learn about AotC. The website istself says there was a resynchronization "13 years ago" so I think that's what the calender reflects:

"The current debate stems over which zero-point year-notation system is the best, with the Great ReSynchronization of 13 years ago..."

20. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    "Happy happy joy joy!"

Ahhh, I'm having a Ren and Stimpy flashback! Yikes.... :) [face_laugh] ;)

This new "policy" (I'm at a loss for words as to what to call it) of LFL's that started with the NRI updates for Jedi Outcast and continues with daily "in galaxy news" for AOTC is great for fans. It really shows you how much LFL is committed to the Star Wars Universe and it's fans.

21. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Re: my Clone Wars theories...It's just the stuff we tossed around for ages in the CW thread. I'm still just figuring that certain battles happened at 35 BSW4, like Dreighton, and just that some scholars originally thought that's when the Clone Wars took place, but as we now know, the true Wars were at 22 BSW4.

But we can debate it later in that thread. I don't want to bog this place with that.

22. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    People. People. This isn't awesome.

This is years beyond awesome! When you get up and dance and shout and get strange looks from people in the house you know something really great has happened.

I will never stop being a fan now. Thank you Star Wars gods.

23. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm unbelieveably giddy with all this new info. I don't know how this guy writes this stuff. If I made an attempt, I'm sure my head would explode.

24. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    This new site is awesome. It just upped my daily intake of SW info considerably. I don't know how they will continue to provide that much information.

We should start a daily thread that deals with the EU references at HoloNetNews. I am sure there are a million things that are going over my head that I would love to know.

-Mandalore

25. Solo22

Solo22 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 1998
    Look carefully at the picture in the article about the SVA. Is that a familiar logo on that guy's sash...

[image=http://www.holonetnews.com/45/news/img/story_4.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.