main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jan Duursema Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    The more cameo's the better ... :)

2. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Not sure if any of those Wookies mentioned are scheduled to make a guest appearance, but we've got a good cast of Wookie characters in this one. The more I get to draw Kashyyyk, the more I like it. It's nice to be drawing a lush green world--especially after the desert and tech backgrounds on Saleucami.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention--Justin updated the art section on my website janduursema.com and there are a few more sketches and covers and such up.

Also, been listening to some of the NJO Star Wars books on tape--just finished listening to the Final Prophecy. I liked it. I didn't think I would enjoy the Yuzahn Vong characters, but I did. Going to start with the Force Heretic books next.

3. Joser_Kyind

Joser_Kyind Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2005
    Working your way backwards, eh? Oh, well, I just finished the Force Heretic novels, and I'm starting on Final Prophecy. Speaking of the Yuuzhan Vong I think that it is interesting that both the Yuuzhan Vong and the Morgukai call the Jedi Jeedai.

4. pitsburySC

pitsburySC Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2003
    I've just read the "pre-clone wars Aayla's saga" (i.e. Twilight, Darness & Rite of Passage)...and WOW. These are really awsome pieces of art (both story and picture). Now, I see (and understand) the Clone Wars from another eye.

By the way, I've "bought" your exclusive artwork via SWshop...but don't know why, it was supposed to be ship 2 or 3 weeks ago, but still no answer from the "shop"...Do you know Jan (or anybody else) why it is delayed (again & again)?

5. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Also, been listening to some of the NJO Star Wars books on tape--just finished listening to the Final Prophecy. I liked it. I didn't think I would enjoy the Yuzahn Vong characters, but I did. Going to start with the Force Heretic books next.

Interested in the era, or for work purposes?

6. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    The whole Jeedai thing--can't recall where I first heard it, but it was before either the Morgukai or the Vong said it, I think...

Art prints--yes--sorry--my fault entirely. They are large 24X18 so I wanted to wait until the orders were complete and ship all of them out at the same time in a very sturdy box so the edges would not get wrecked. I am getting that whole thing together tomorrow for shipment on Monday, so you should get it soon.

Mane, you have a suspicious mind... :p Been meaning to read all these books for a long time, but haven't had the time. Then I found out that I could listen to them while I work! While I do prefer reading them as books, I have enjoyed listening to them as well.

7. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    I like the NJO. Some of the books were not that good, but the serie has a very nice ending with The Final Prophecy and The Unifying Force ...

8. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Speaking of the Yuuzhan Vong I think that it is interesting that both the Yuuzhan Vong and the Morgukai call the Jedi Jeedai.

the Morgukai, as Nikto, follow the Huttese pronunciation. as Jan noted, it was used before either the Morgukai or Vong.

the real question is why the Vong and the Hutts (and their slave species, like the Nikto) mispronounce Jedi in the same way. my guess is that both languages probably lack short "e" sounds, and as such they both have trouble with the proper pronunciation. nothing weird or sinister there.

9. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    I never got into the Vong series unfortunatly but I remember Bok and Morgukai pronouncing it that way.

10. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    Does anyone know what will happen with Master Zao, Master Tsui Choi and Master T'Ra Saa ?

11. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    I wan tall of them to survive!!!Tr'a Saa is my second faveorite EU character!!

12. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    Yeah, she's great. And she looks very cool ... :)

13. dri-ma-kadi

Oct 10, 2004
    I also like Mastr Zao and Master Tsui Choi.They will probally be in Republic #78 and #79

14. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    Well, I do hope so.
    I don't want them to disappear into nothing ... [face_shame_on_you]

15. dri-ma-kadi

Oct 10, 2004
    Please let Thomle survive these last couple issues of republic!!!

16. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Jan, did you mean for this to be Commander Cody on Saleucami in #77?

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/common/salestools/previews/swonrep77/swonrep77p1.jpg]

17. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    No, that's not Cody. He was elsewhere. At the beginning of the siege on Saleucami there were other Jedi generals--A'Sharad goes through a list of the fallen Jedi. This trooper could have belonged to one of their units. Keep in mind that though it is ideal to have the troops re-outfitted for whatever environment they will face, sometimes it is just not possible.

18. dri-ma-kadi

Oct 10, 2004
    Jan tell me that tholme dosent die!!!!

19. Joser_Kyind

Feb 10, 2005
    Speaking of Tsui Choi, I've heared a rumor that Master Choi was supposed to replace Shaak Ti on the Jedi Council back when they had her dying towards the beginning of ROTS. I have no clue how true this is, I just thought it was a cool idea.

20. dri-ma-kadi

Oct 10, 2004
    That would of been cool!!

21. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    There was a strong possiblity of Tsui Choi being in the film Also of Quin being in the film. But no.

22. dri-ma-kadi

Oct 10, 2004
    Is the reason Darkhorse isnt showing the cover of Republic #79 because there is a spolier?

23. Joser_Kyind

Feb 10, 2005
    I've been wondering about that myself. Maybe it shows somebody we're not supposed to know is still alive, yet.

24. pitsburySC

pitsburySC Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2003
    I've just got my artwork! Amazing
    http://site.voila.fr/ghgy/DSC084.JPG

25. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    I recognise that...

From the number on it I can tell you got that from the SWshops.com, right? :D So glad you like it! There will never be another one like it!

Not sure why they are not showing the cover for 78. Maybe it is not done yet.