main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jan Duursema Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Mar 4, 2002.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    More, you say?

Of course, distant relations can be expected. Closer ones, however, would be fascinating.

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    More than fascinating. They would be exceptionally awesome.

3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    It would be unbelievably awesome and fascinating, (hopes for more close relatives) [face_praying], thanks!

4. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Jan I was just wondering if Morrigan ever knew what happened to Kol and if so did she do it on her own or was she told by her Imperial bosses

5. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    That is curious. I mean, we don't see Morrigan going "Hey, we need to find Cade's dad to help us do this thing." when in this situation, Kol would have been an exceedingly useful asset. Morrigan doesn't seem too proud to use all the assets she can. Does she know he's dead, or does she just assume so?

6. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Huh...I never questioned the fact that her hair might not be its natural color. I mean she's a Zeltron. They're pink. Why not have natural blue hair? :eek: So, what is her natural hair color?

That brings me to another color question. Is Darth Talon really a red Twi'lek or has she been tattooed red like the rest of the non-naturally red sith?

7. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Zeltron natural coloring for hair and eyes are shades from pink to purple, ranging through the reds. I'd always figured that Deliah had a bottle of something she used on her hair. Long-lasting blue space-lipstick I've got no problem believing.

8. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Here's a question that I came up just recently: When looking at the Moff Council one sees,

Morlish Veed = Grand Admiral
    Nyna Calixte = Director of Imperial Intelligence
    Konrad Rus = Head of the Imperial Mission
    Fehlaaur = Head of the Imperial Diplomatic Corps
    Geist = ?
    Rulf Yage = ?

Were Veed, Calixte, Rus, and Fehlaaur made Moffs because they had reached high positions in service to the Empire or were they given positions of leadership because they're Moffs? Also, as an extension of that question, are the Moffs on the Moff Council the only Moffs? Or are there more of them out there that we haven't met yet?

9. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    I seem to recall quite a big crowd of Moffs at Krayt's bloody takeover...
    Also, how can I get to meet Moff Fehlaaur off-duty? He's both devious and attractive.[face_batting]

10. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Late as usual, but finally read issue 17 - and I liked it a lot!

C'mon, with that kind of pictures of Cade, how could I not? *purrs*

Sith plotting and planning treachery (Betray everyone - a very old Sith saying) is always good.

And I love the bickering between the rescue team. Poor Deliah - 'cept I don't think she and Cade would be that great a match, for some reason. This comic has introduced some very strong female characters, which is very nice. No one seems to be wearing very much, but as long as the same goes for the males I'm not complaining...

11. Elysiann

Elysiann Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    You know thinking on it, why couldn't Deliah's lipstick be tattooed on? I mean we have tattooed on make up these days :D and Deliah would certainly have the confidence to go and get something like that done! :p having permanent lip colour makes sure a girl looks good on any occasion!

I mean really! who would want to worry about smudged lipstick when tracking down a bounty, or making hasty repairs to the Mynock!

12. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    But that would make matching your liptick with your clothes kind of hard... :eek:

13. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    I dunno. Maybe she uses something more of a pigment dye? One application lasts a week. I'm pretty sure the tech exists in the Star Wars galaxy to make long-lasting, non-smug lipstick. We can do pretty well ourselves. I have the sort of stuff in my own make-up box where you apply the color and the gloss separately and that lasts over twelve hours.

The tattoo make-up I've heard of is more along the lines of eye and lip liner. I would not want to tattoo my lips themselves! OUCH!!! There's suffering for beauty, and then there is insanity. Or being Sith.

14. sonnymyson

Dec 7, 2004

I personally though that most of Khaleen Hentz' makeup was tattoos. Lips would hurt so much, though, except for outlining.

15. Mike_Hayden

Mike_Hayden Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2007
    I finally got my Star Wars comics. I apologize for being behind. I was moving out. So that took up all my time. BUT FINALLY I got my Star Wars comics IN MY HANDS. Anyways I read Star Wars Legacy # 17. As always I loved the story.

1) I like Cade's new appearance although (and ofcourse their will always be a few complainers out there) but why does he need to muck it. He's got a cool new get-up and immediately he puts his Jolly Roger on the chestplating. (ofcourse that's assuming Cade did that himself) I know if ýou as the artist hadn't done that the outfit would be too black. It would look too much as a black armored Imperial Knight or too much like Darth Vader. But still seeing Cade like that. I got this mental picture of him immediately painting the cross bones on it, not even waiting till he's alone.

2) Cade really likes Inter-Species sexualrelations. He's Aliensexual, hahaha. Is there a chance we're gonna see some Jool / Cade love-making? [face_laugh]

3) I am a little confused. Cade has the ability to heal which is causing him to fall to the dark side. But isn't Force Healing a light side ability. Does it not take compassion to heal. Isn't healing, to delay death. When you heal cells regenerate causing you to not die. In fact. If we could heal people more intensively (or animals or what not). They would not grow old and die due to the fact that the body regenerates constantly. Just like Wolverine from X-Men in a way. It's a very cool idea, that what Anakin Skywalker wanted badly, Cade has. The ability to cheat Death. Kyle Katarn said in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy that the abilities aren't evil but the way you use the abilities. I can imagine that based on that,concerning Cade and his Dark side Healing. That it's not so much the healing or the death-cheating. But the intension that counts. Where he takes that energy to heal from, light side or dark side. It's very confusing if u think about it. I know it's not Quantum Physics and i know, we're not supposed to "define why" but to just read and enjoy the comicbook. Something I very much do.

3)I know Star Wars Legacy is big and has a multitude of characters and sides that play an important role. I know every reader has their own personal favorite and each action you as a writer or artist do creates a reaction with the reader. Like for instance Why use Luke Skywalker, when you could have used Kol Skywalker instead. I mean he is Cade's father. It would be believable that Kol wants to guide his son even in death. And to properly tell stories when doing an issue you need to focus fully and only on the important key players or else the comicbook will became this big soup of characters and the plot won´t be that very clear because too many things are happening at once. But what´s up with Fel´s resistance. What are they doing currently? They aren´t benched I pressume, Just sitting on the sideline, doing their tax return and playing scrabble? I hope to see more soon of my favorite characters of Legacy, Roan Fel and his Imperial Knights.

4) I know Legacy has enough characters already and flashbacks but for someone who has worked for so long on Quinlan Vos. I´d imagine you´d try to find a way to sneak Quin back into Legacy one way or another for real not just as an assumable mentioning such as in Legacy # 17. Maybe as a Holocron recording or as Force Spirit or as a flashback. Maybe your hands are itching and you haven´t had the right moment yet. Or maybe that´s something that will happen in a later story. I am not gonna tell you what to do. As a creator it´s your job to amaze me and as a reader it´s my job to sit and wait until the comic comes out. So that´s what I will do. But secretly I really really hope you´ll sneak Quin back in somehow.

5) Krayt said in Legacy # 17 concerning Quinlan Vos. When you pretend to be something your not in the end you'll become what you pretend to be. But Quin overcame the darkness.

16. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Unlike the rest of the Mynock's crew, Deliah doesn't seem to have any tattoos, does she? And someone who likes to change outfits as often as Deliah does, I doubt she'd do anything as permanent as a makeup tattoo. I like to think of Deliah as being a natural beauty that has less to do with makeup and more with how she feels about herself.

17. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    sonnymyson posted: "I personally though that most of Khaleen Hentz' makeup was tattoos. Lips would hurt so much, though, except for outlining."

Except for her face tattoo, Khaleen's makeup was makeup and an off-brand at best. Her mascara was always running... :_|

18. sonnymyson

Dec 7, 2004

Thanks for clarifying Jan. BTW the new Jedi vs. Sith sourcebook has a whole bunch of great information on Quin. Portraits by two excellent Starwars painter-illustrators too.

19. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    I've heard that it does. Have not seen it yet, but I hope to get a copy soon.

Meantime, I'm looking forward to finishing up issue 19. It's got an ending that...well, it's pretty cool, IMO. [face_devil]

20. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Previously asked, but missed: Is Darth Talon really a red Twi'lek or has she been tattooed red like the rest of the non-naturally red sith?

If it's something that's top secret, well I can live with that too. :)

21. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    I designed her as a red Twi'lek who is tattooed with the black tribal Sith tats.

22. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Following the theme of the questions, do the Fels dye part of their hair white or is it natural? Apologies if this has been asked before.

23. Mike_Hayden

Mike_Hayden Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2007

I see what you mean. A deeper fondness for the character, you don't wanna muck up a possible fate by placing anything of Quin in the Legacy Era. Good call. I truly indeed hope that one day there will be some space to tell some more stories about Quin. Also I hope that Legacy will have some kinda spin-off that will focus more on certain characters such as The Imperial Knights, Kol Skywalker, Young Cade prior to Legacy. Just like The Jedi One-Shots that were done for Republic.

It's a funny thing, if you think about it most Evilish, meanest of the mean Sith Lords (not all) are old geezers. I mean look at Darth Andeddu, Darth Sidious, Count Dooku. Darth Vader in the end (Return of the Jedi) and now Darth Krayt. You could bitchslap 'em with a stick and they'd prolly break their hip.

What's the really deal with the Legacy Siths. Why the red faces. I mean it looks awesome. Darth Stryfe scares the hell outta me for real. But still does have some kinda meaning. How do they turn the face red. I assume with make-up but is it permanent make-up or does is it come after a good shower.

Why does Morrigan Cordé look so young? I mean she's supposed to be Cade's mommy but she looks like a babe. What are those white dots on her face?

Are there any new plans to do some current comics, Comic Packs action Figures. A Cade / Darth Krayt or a Antares Draco / Darth Talon pack or something like that?

I read Dark Times # 1 to 5. Jan, I must apologize. I really really like Quin but Dass Jennir is Karking awesome. I really like what Dark Horse has created with Dark Times and the unknown fate of the Jedi. Do they stick with the Jedi code even though there isn't a Jedi Order anymore or do they abandon the jedi code and fight to survive.

24. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    In a galaxy far far away, where ships make sound in space, is it so far fetched to think that there might be a hereditary mark of white hair? (yes, yes, I know it does not necessarily hold with Earthly genetics, but I haven't seen any blue skin and head-tails here either... Although, I think one of my supposed Bearded Dragons might be a Trandoshan...or maybe a Vorn...oops, wrong franchise...:p)

25. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    Mike_Hayden--

The Legacy Sith are totally tattooed. It ain't paint. Though, like I mentioned, Talon is a red Twi'lek.

Morrigan. What, a Mommy can't be a Babe? o_O Morrigan isn't exactly a crone--early fourties or so. Even by Earth standards 40 something isn't all that old anymore. The white dots and attached lines on her face are tiny communications and monitoring devices.

I've heard something about plans for Legacy figure packs. Fingers crossed, it will happen.