main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Do you think you will ever write any episodes of Rebels?

2. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007

Oh, I like this question! :)

3. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Never say never, but they've got a pretty great team in place already, and that's a rather different skill set than mine. I'd be thrilled with more opportunities to keep working alongside the show.

4. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Star Wars Rebels Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy

That's a lot of titles. Thinking about the listed 160 pages and the grade level would it be safe to assume that Servants of the Empire is a series in the spirit of Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest? Those two were great world-builders because they allowed to tell what a Jedi's job actually is when there's no galaxy-wide crisis. Having something like that for Rebels would be great (like "A day in the life of an Inquisitor").

my kind of scum likes this.
  5. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Warfare Author's Cut, Pt. 7. All clones. Some stuff it really hurt to cut in here. Hope you enjoy it.

6. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I rather enjoyed the Kaminoan section- oddly, it reminded me of some bits in the Mass Effect trilogy where characters discuss just why humans have risen so fast, or why they're so genetically successful.

Also, it was a neat blend of fascinating and mildly unsettling.

Mia Mesharad, jasonfry and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Exactly the feeling I'd hoped for. Very happy!

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Although, it's always a bit curious that in fantasy and sci-fi, humans are always praised for adaptability and diversity when OOU we're the ones who are making non-human species generic and monolithic. It kind of feels like we're patting ourselves on the back.

Attention citizens: GrandAdmiralJello has been found in violation of COMPNOR ordinances. Please ignore the above post.

9. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    REPORT TO COMPNOR FOR REEDUCATION IMMEDIATELY, YOU FILTHY TRAITOR.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Err, that is, I meant to say that humanity is responsible for every signal accomplishment in the foundational period of the galaxy... just, uh, ignore the Shawkenese, the Khil, and the Duros (for the love of the heavens, please ignore the Duros!).

11. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Who would we compare Cad Bane to, if not the Duros? Even COMPNOR must admit that.

I enjoyed the bits of fluff about the medical technology (As an EMT myself). There has to be a lot more to galactic medicine than just bota/Bacta.

12. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Gorefiend likes this.
  13. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I really enjoyed finally seeing the Panaka and Leia meeting on Hosk Station in Pt 6.

Thank you for providing Panaka with a first name. It has been my prayer for years now. (My latest prayer is someone officially saving Barriss Offee's character derailment).

I have to wonder though, what do you assume is Panaka's fate and how Naboo joined the New Republic? I assure you I am not saying it is canon but your own personal opinion. I always assumed that the Queen of Naboo (not Kylantha), the Boss of the Gungans (not Bosses Nass or Lyonie), Pooja Naberrie, Jar Jar Binks and other Naboo natives sympathetic to the New Republic removed him and surrendered Naboo without a fight and Pooja continued to represent the planet in the New Republic Senate and Council with a Gungan co-senator for some time before being replaced by Arani Korden.

14. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Thanks for the kind words. To be honest, I didn't think about that. I was interested in that one snapshot, capturing a key moment with some depth to the characters and connections back in the saga. If I'm ever involved with a project that explores Panaka's fate, we'll see. Maybe someday....

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Whatever it is, General Binks should be the one who captures the planet for the NR. That's important.

(I'd still assume Panaka would be loyal to the queen, who would probably be Kylantha though)

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Gamiel likes this.
  16. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Now that it's been posted elsewhere, I'll be at Star Wars Weekends as well. Will be there May 23-25, signing at the Writer's Stop each day. Looking forward to it!

Gorefiend likes this.
  17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Corte Madera? Hmm, only about two hours north of me. But I will be in the Central Valley of California that day at a wedding! :(

If you make your way out to California again, specifically in Northern California, let me know! I am sure I owe you at least a pitcher or two of beer for letting me have input on the manuscript of the EGTW. :p

--Adm. Nick

jasonfry likes this.
  18. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Off-topic (apologies) but I loved this so much that I'm honor-bound to share it everywhere I can. Give it a shot.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think I saw that on Facebook or Reddit or something. Either way, yeah it's wicked cool. Some of the comments about the huge distances are really funny.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wow. That really puts things into some kind of perspective.

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I've read Restaurant at the End of the Universe. There's no way I'm clicking on that thing.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    That's a brilliant way to get your head around the scale of the Solar System. Everyone who writes sci-fi should have a look at that page (though it is pretty hard to get through once you're past Mars).

23. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Kind of like the solar system itself! ;-)

24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The only problem I had with it was the lack of the asteroid belt.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    IE is being a doofus so the link isn't working for me -- does that page extend all the way to, like, the Oort cloud?

Was reading about how Voyager, despite being in interstellar space, would take another 300 years to reach the Oort cloud and another 30,000 to get outside of it. Its instruments will be looooooooong dead by then, of course.