main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Right, but IIRC, your personal list of planets at that point was pretty much the most detailed repository of that information anywhere.

That makes sense.

2. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I remember that we had free rein to use one of our slots for an all-new planet and describe the planet however we liked, but making up a new world was optional. Needless to say I went for it.

3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    jasonfry

any plans to assist in any new sourcebooks for Star Wars down the line?

4. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    What's the definition of a sourcebook? Something RPG-related, does something like the Visual Dictionaries/Guides count? Curious....

darthosaka likes this.
  5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    jasonfry

I was wondering about the potential of Star Wars: Scene Maker to eventually add the Battle of Endor's space battle so that we can play with capital ships. Any insights?

--Adm. Nick

darthosaka likes this.
  6. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Speaking of Endor, this isn't necessarily a Jason question but this seems like as good a place to bring it up as any--that Blade Squadron story in Insider specifically called Endor the largest armada of Star Destroyers ever assembled. Given the obvious on-screen disparity between the RotS space battle and this, that sounds like our first "new canon" confirmation that the battle is way bigger than what's literally shown in the film.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Just how many Venators were there at Coruscant in ROTS? EU said a thousand odd- but that may have been changed.

8. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

I'm not privy to future plans for the app. Hope they add all sorts of fun stuff, though. I think Scene Maker's really fun to play with -- easy to start but lots of complexity available if you want it.

darthosaka likes this.
  9. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Oh, I hope not. I hold true to the commandment that the audience only sees what you show them. If there's a whole mess of stuff happening out of frame that changes the story, I think that's somewhere between cheating and betraying the source material. Unless it's something like Back to the Future 2 where the cheating/inverting/etc. is the point.

10. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Now, just to find a way to milk an article out of that.

CooperTFN likes this.
  11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I could go either way. I'm fine with the battle being the size it appears to be, but if they're going to insist on waxing hyperbolic, then they might as well own it.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was just reading Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Warfare Author’s Cut, Part 4: The Rise of the Republic and it said:
    and was wondering if you know what groups believed in "nothing at all beyond the cold logic of machinery"?

darthosaka likes this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I always assumed that stuff was offscreen -- but surely not sufficient numbers to make it the largest Star Destroyer group. That definitely changes the entire tone of Endor.

Unless we have it backwards and the NEU is suddenly more minimalist than the EU was.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

darthosaka likes this.
  14. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Well anything Star Wars related really.

darthosaka likes this.
  15. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I have Saga in 100 Scenes coming out in August (I think it's August), followed by the first novel in the Star Wars Rebels: Servants of the Empire YA series in October. I'm writing the second Servants of the Empire story now. There will also be an Atlas appendix update at some point, though it'll probably be delayed so we can include the entirety of the Dark Horse run.

16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Or that the Jedi Cruisers are simply not Star Destroyers. ;)

Riv_Shiel and Iron_lord like this.
  17. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    It's all in frame, just at different portions of the film. Also, why would the number of Star Destroyers change anything? Just up the number of rebel ships. It's not like the movies ever stated how many were on each side. [face_peace]

18. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Howdy folks, forgive a quick mercenary note: This is the last day that The Jupiter Pirates: Hunt for the Hydra is available as a $1.99 e-book. All formats/devices; details here. Please give it a try, and/or help spread the word. (And thanks!)

And now back to Servants of the Empire #2 I go....

19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    About a third of the way through Hunt for the Hydra, and I have to echo Jello in that I'd love to see a story from Yana's POV.

20. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    An Atlas appendix update? Don't get me wrong, I've been waiting for one for a looong time. But, you know, they'll still let you do this despite the big bad announcement? (By the way, do you knwon whether 100 Scenes will be canon?)

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    jason: The Anaxes War College system lives on in Age of Rebellion!

22. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Yes, the Atlas appendix is still being updated, and LFL is willing to do more regional sector maps. No ETA on either but that has nothing to do with LFL.

There's nothing abt Saga in 100 Scenes that would have run afoul of any canon debate at any time.

Very happy to read about the AWCS being part of FFG's great work. One of the most satisfying parts of being a SW author is seeing your contributions to the galaxy far far away get taken up by other folks who do cool stuff with them.

23. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Speaking of the Atlas appendix, I think I've found something that isn't in yet. Has Fuel Station Ergo been given a location?

24. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Looked up FSE and suspect Dan and I ignored it because we felt it was too minor/generic/transient -- space stations such as The Wheel made the cut, but not ones that didn't seem like permanent residents. This is of course somewhat arbitrary.

In other news, please allow me to introduce myself. I don't have a Wikipedia page, but hey, who needs one?

25. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Do try and remember those locations from the Japanese Star Tours' Tourscan. ;-) And perhaps even Hyperion, the elusive homeworld of Jedi Mickey--who is non-canon even in the Legends universe, but that doesn't preclude a planet called Hyperion from existing.

darthosaka likes this.