main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    :oops:

Thanks for the correction

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  2. KerkKorpil

KerkKorpil Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2016
    It was the SDCC edition.

[​IMG]

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No Crystal Star on that book pile?

Movie ruined!

:p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

4. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    We shall never speak of that again (esp. since it's not even canon anymore ;)).

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Waru exists on a higher plane than canon. He simply is.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

6. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Never really understood the fanbase that Waru got.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I would love to see the species introduced in Crystal Star in the NEU.

darthosaka likes this.
  8. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
  9. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

10. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    I like the caveat on canon with Fake Wedge. You wrote your story so that it didn't outright say that the chap next to Luke in the briefing room is Col.

I think the liberalism with a certain point of view has been refreshing. I suspect the upcoming Luke novel is the same.

11. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Hoping that Essential Atlas and Essential Guide to Warfare means that a lot of the old EU pre TPM history will get re-canonized.

HedecGa and darthosaka like this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I hope not, I don't want to see the new stuff weighed down by old stuff recreated

13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Out of curiosity, what was the scene you first picked to write?

Also- the Mon Cala fan in my laughed out loud at the Kelemah line about humans looking alike. It was genuinely funny, plus a nice reminder that the galaxy isn't only seen through human eyes. ;)

You did a damned fine job weaving all the various reasons/concepts as to why Wedge pulled out of the Trench Run. Ditto showing his heroism and humility. Thank you for giving Wedge a moment to shine, he's been sadly missed of late and your story did great justice to the character, both canon & Legends. :)

--Adm. Nick

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I don't think they need to get into the specific details as much as the broad strokes. The Formation and expansion of the Republic, the Alsakan Conflicts, Pius Dea Crusades, the mapping of the hyperspace lanes, etc...

darthosaka likes this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    But that will only lead to people, deliberately or not, will have what happened in those mentioned eras in the back of their mind when creating the new stuff, or if they are lacy just copy what happened in OEU. I rather see them them use neutral terms like: the Founding, First expansion, First Great Expansion, the Great Split, Consolidation Era, etc.; and/or come up stuff that's references to other works, like: the Five Jeddak Conflict, Tannhäuser Expansion, the Republic-Mongo War, etc.

16. KerkKorpil

KerkKorpil Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2016
    I had avoided this thread until I could read your story and oh boy did it deliver!

Thanks for the notes too!

Well, "Fake Wedge": checked!

Next item in your list is "Bigger Luke", right? RIGHT??? :p

jasonfry likes this.
  17. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Well hello! Welcome to The Last Jedi week. So exciting -- can't wait to see everyone discussing this movie.

I've got two books coming out "day and date," as they say in the business.

Bomber Command -- a replica journal along the lines of Rey's Survival Guide, focused on Paige Tico, her experiences as a gunner aboard a Resistance bomber, and her relationship with her sister Rose. It's a complement to Elizabeth Wein's novel Cobalt Squadron.

The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections -- you know how these books go by now. Same team as TFA -- me and Kemp Remillard. Cool details, lore, etc. (Got an interview coming up on this one so don't want to step on more details.)

And if you wanna look ahead to March, the novelization. (And Rose Tico: My Resistance, but that doesn't seem to be listed yet.) Gotta stay mum on the novelization for now.

As always, those links will support the Jason Fry Beer & Mortgage Fund. We sincerely thank you for your patronage.

More importantly, ENJOY THE MOVIE!

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looking forward to it. It opens on Dec 14 in the UK and I have a ticket to an 11AM 3D showing at the local cinema.

19. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

I'm looking forward to the Bomber Command (not sure I knew that even existed before) and the novelization.

20. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    jasonfry

Warning: Major Spoilers to TLJ

What does Luke do at the end of the movie? Is it a new force technique similar to astral projection or is he simply force ghosting? If it's the second, would the other force ghosts like Obi Wan, Yoda or Anakin also be able to interact with the world like Luke does?

Another thing. Do we get the background history of Snoke in your Novelization of TLJ?

21. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Sorry, but will be staying mum on the novelization for a while yet.

22. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001

I'm that kind of excited where I'm bouncing up and down, and so happy I kind of feel like throwing up.

Basically how I was at Prom.

23. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Fun deep dive into TLJ Incredible Cross-Sections with Eleven-ThirtyEight and our own @AdmiralNick22. For those interested, I break down how I approach the writing of a CS spread....

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    If you use an @, and then start writing their name, you should be given the option to autofill.