main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Kyle Katarn and Dark Forces Discussion Thread ( Spoilers when appropriate )

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Valiento, Sep 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    This is not a club this is a valid discussion thread for all things relating to Dark forces.

This is a place to discuss kyle katarn, in the books, strategy guide books, games, audio drama books, and books and other sources with refrences to things created in dark forces games(possible cameo in leviathan, jedi vs. sith, jerec in galaxy of fear, dark troopers in other sources, The Darkside Sourcebook etc. Essential Guide refrences, jabba the hutt's ship in jabba comics etc.), and how he would be useful in upcoming books.

There can also be discussion on what we would like kyle to be like, if he was to return to books, or get short stories in gamer mag, etc.

Sturm : Changed the thread title with Valiento's permission.

2. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    And before starting the serious discussion, I can't help but to put this :

[image=http://209.1.245.15/3do/download/dcmjk.gif]

:D

Now let the discussion begin !

3. Morgan-Sunrider

Morgan-Sunrider Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2001
    Gee your a champion Valiento :D

Well as you no doubt know however the rest of our beloved community may not know is my theory on the valley of hte jedi.

In my opinion the Jedi Praxeum ( always hated the word , but hey its proper terminology ) should be relocated to the Valley of the jedi at Rusaan. Being in a place of such power yet tranquility would be great for the new apprentices and indeed the current Jedi and a place to focus and refine their powers. And utilizing the Valleys power I am sure Kam tionne and the otehrs could great a permenant Illusion surronding hte planet so no one would even take notice of the place , the perfect hiding spot and training ground for the New Jedi Order ( With of course Kyle Katarn Back in action against the Vong and using his bad-ass Jedi-Merc-Spec Opps style

* Beware my ampistaff jedai *

* Say hello to mr Rail Detenator Vong *

:D

Cheers

'Rider

4. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Don't they say in Rebirth that they found a new location for the Praexum, and that this location is not revealed in the book... Could it be Ruusan ? (I have not read Rebirth)

After all, Ruusan has made quite a come back with Jedi vs. Sith, no ?

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    ROTFLOL.

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/images/subpage/art.jpg]

Ok, here's what we know from the upcoming Kyle Katarn story in Jedi Knight 2, Jedi Outcast: Set 13 or 14 years after ANH, right around Star fighters of adumar, Planet of twighlight, and Chrystal star:

"Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast picks up several years after Katarn successfully avenged his father and defended the Valley of the Jedi from powerful Jerec and his group of Dark Jedi. Katarn has since abandoned his allegiance to the Force for fear that he might fall prey to the temptations of the dark side. However, as fate would have it Katarn learns of a powerful new Dark Jedi who must be prevented from creating a technology to harness the power of the Force. Katarn's destiny and the future of the Star Wars galaxy once again hang in the balance as he confronts his dark past to face another seemingly insurmountable evil."

6. Morgan-Sunrider

Jun 17, 2001
    Hmm

* Leafs through pages *

Cant find it in an instant , but i heighly doubt it , Kam and Tionne were navigating through blakc hole clusters to find somewhere , u honestly htink Jerec could get that mammoth bloody ship ( looked like twice the size of an SSD ) through a black hole cluster ?? Its possible , though in my opinion not plausible

Ohhh by hte way anyone know what happned to that Giant ship ?? My memory serves corect it was not destroyed !

cheers

Rider

7. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    As I said, I haven't read Rebirth, so it was just a supposition I made based on a few spoilers I heard...

8. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Have we yet discounted that Azrael guy or whoever from the DS Sourcebook as the DJ from JKII?

9. Morgan-Sunrider

Jun 17, 2001
    God I cant wait for that game I am buying a new computer just so I cna play it at max res , which will look from all reports and vid caps .... CRAZY !!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I just wanted to remind people that the power of the valley of the jedi was only there because of the sith, and light jedi, trapped there. By assorbing the energy from the sith spirits, an unscrupulous villain could absorb the spirits energy, and become more powerful.

Kyle's was prophecied years ago to be the one to free the spirits, both dark and light. Bringing peace to the valley of the jedi. Once Kyle fullfilled that prophecy the spirits left, along with the power they generated in the valley. Ruusan is no longer a source of power or energy, Because Kyle fullfilled his prophecy.

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Mastadge, not that I know of but it would be pretty cool it it was.

12. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    It's just a guess, but I think the Jedi relocation will be Sonoma Sekot or whatever it was called...

I'd personally very much like to see a miniseries or something about Jerec's days as a Jedi and then his training of Sariss.

You know the actress who played Sariss was in one of the Indiana Jones movies, I think the third one, and I think she was also in CastAway.

13. Morgan-Sunrider

Jun 17, 2001
    Good Point on the Valleys power ( Then again the terrrain itslef judging from game and info would make it suitable as well )

Still it is possible there is still some semblance of dormant power in the valley , then again if nothign else considering Kyle freed the valley it would be a place of peace and positive influence on the students.

14. Morgan-Sunrider

Jun 17, 2001
    I think Sariss was the blond german officer in the indiana movie with sean connery ( the holy grail was what they were after ) Makes sense she would have previous contact with Lucasfilm ( and in turn Lucasarts )

Dont suppose anyone has seen The guy who played Kyle in anything else at all ??

'Rider

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, the temple built over the battle would serve as a testament and place of contemplation to the attrocities that jedi, and sith could commit when they become over rightous and zealous about there beliefs.

It would be a whole lot better, than placing your academy, inside of a sith temple.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I'm currently working on transcribing the script to Dark Forces 1, with the inuniverse thoughts by kyle katarn from the strat guide added in for good measure. I hope people enjoy it who may have not had the chance to play the game.

I also plan to transcribe the script from MOTS, and outcast(if they don't make a novel) as well.

17. Morgan-Sunrider

Jun 17, 2001
    Yeah that was a rather .. well .. ( looking for politcally correct term .... ) Dumb idea from that pillar of inteligence Luke ( dont get me wrong i love him , but he is rather dumb sometimes ) You would really think with an investment as large as a Jedi Praxeum you would at least check on previous occupants ( cides rebels breif stay )

ahh luke luke luke when will you ever learn

* Yaaawwwnnnn *

damn i ma tired its 3:00 am

* Sleepy look *

Cheers

'Rider ... snooze

18. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    In Gamer #6, they made a vague little reference to MOTS being the reason why Kyle gave up the Jedi way. So it looks as if they won't be ignoring it in Outcast.

19. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Alisson Dooty definately is not sariss. And I checked it out, the actress who plays Sariss is indeed in Castaway, but not any Indiana Jones movies.

Check out IMDB.com

20. Morgan-Sunrider

Jun 17, 2001
    Interesting to see the comparison between luke and kyle in that respect , redemption made luke stronger and albeit a lot more catious whereas it turned Kyle from the path , at least for a little while

21. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    No, Sariss was Indy's secretary.

If Dathomir weren't in the middle of Vong space it would be ideal, it's strong in the Force.

Anyone else think Ezra Tucker needs to come back to SW, his art was awesome...

22. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    You mean Irene? Nope, that was the acctress who played Ru Murleen in Rebel Assault 2.

23. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Kyle Katarn is like my favorite SW guy... he is the kinda guy I would totally fall for;)
    To bad Jan Ores already stole him:(

24. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Yeah, Kyle gave up the Jedi way and the Force for fear of going dark again.

But it looks like he uses the Force and his lightsabre again in the game. So, thats weird. We'll have to wait for the game to explain that.

It was reported that the game would have a prequel or Episode 2 connection. Hmm.

25. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    More info can be gleened from the alternate blurb from jedi outcast site:

"Several years have passed since Kyle avenged his father's death and saved the Valley of the Jedi from Jerec and his band of Dark Jedi. Allowing his Force powers to languish for fear of falling to the dark side, Kyle entrusted his lightsaber to Luke Skywalker, vowing never to use it again. But when a new and menacing threat to the galaxy emerges, Kyle knows he must reclaim his past in order to save his future."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.