main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Official LACWAC Star Wars General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, May 28, 2011.

1. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Filoni at the premier with his signatory hat.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm just going to link reviews for this because the embargo ended today at 1200hrs EST, and if I embed the videos this is going to be a really long post. The reviewers say that these are non-spoiler reviews, but beware that I think Collider walks the line very carefully between spoiler and non-spoiler several times. Also Stuckman's makes a couple of allusions that could give away a couple of things IMO, and Jahns almost trips as well but stops himself. You've been warned.

Collider's almost 30 minute review.

Chris Stuckman's review, around 15 minutes.

Jeremy Jahn's review, under 6 minutes.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    82% (average rating of 7.5/10) on Rotten Tomatoes as well from 130 reviewers so far, with the consensus that it breaks new narrative and aesthetic ground within the franchise.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    So I was checking out the Rogue One Thread they had for spoilers on Reddit (mainly because I wanted to spoil myself otherwise I'd probably be a crying mess at the movie when I do see it) and there is a pretty big spoiler that was revealed from someone who saw it early.

Hera Syndulla gets called over an intercom on base as General Syndulla.

5. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Most intriguing, wow, that is definitely a pretty big deal.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Hmm, "General Syndulla" could very well be Cham, unless Hera's full name is used. Captain to General is a very big leap, and Cham is more likely to be a General for the Alliance with his experience. There's also the scenario of cell leaders being generals, in which case Sato would be the General unless something happened to him. But if something did, Hera seems to be next in charge of Phoenix Squadron.

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, I don't think it would be her Dad. He's pretty focused on Ryloth right? Sato getting killed off and Hera getting promoted seems the more likely scenario to me.

Plus didn't Pablo say that there were Rogue One things they couldn't reveal in Rebels until after it aired right?

8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I remember Pablo saying something along those lines.

9. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    But there wasn't anything about Hera actually appearing?

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Nothing that I've heard yet. Spoilers will come out more and more after it in theaters for the rest of us.

11. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't think that it would necessarily be strange for her to be promoted, and as we've seen rank in Star Wars is some what.... Flexible. I mean, you don't have to look much further than Lando to see that you can make rank very quickly since he's gone from smuggler to businessman to Rebel General by ROTJ.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  12. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    oh and it seems Empire now has
    darksaber.. or at least they keep data about it according to files Jyn was searching through

11-4D likes this.
  13. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Apparently Chopper is in the movie.

14. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    that would be cool.. gonna pay more attention to the background on my 2nd screening on Saturday ;)

15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Well at least we now have confirmation that at least chopper and a Syndulla makes it through Rebels unscathed.

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Tag your spoilers please.

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Fantastic film. First time in awhile that we got a great Star Wars story. Not the ANH RIP-Off that was TFA or the sanitised drabness of Rebels but a genuine good story that flows perfectly into ANH

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Rogue one review!
    So the beginning of the film is set 3 or 4 years after the clone wars and has Jin's mother being killed and Gallen being captured. She is saved by the rebellion who want to find Gallen and kill him. On Jedha Saw interrogates Bodie the defecting imperial pilot who knows about the Death star. Also of note Saw is not a good person. like he does some really messed up **** that I am glad they showed because it shows not everything is happy dandy. Tarkin demands that the station be tested and so it is tested on the capital of Jedha which is when our crew of Baze, Cherit, Jin and Andor escape the planet just in time while saw dies ( I actually chocked up on that. Things begin to progress and they finally get to the Scarif base. Stuff starts to get out of hand really fast and slowly the crew starts to die first the droid then Cherit, then Bodie then Baze and finally when train arrives in the death star he destroys both Jin and Andor in a fiery explosion. Vader arrives as the plans to the station are given to Leia and Vader also kicked some serious ass! Overall, I loved it except for the forced Cameo of Artoo and 3PO CGI carry fisher needed some work though.
    10/10

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So here's something really cool about Cassian Andor-
    according to tie-in material, he was a Fulcrum agent!

20. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Some quick thoughts after having just seen Rogue One-
    I can't believe that Lucasfilm/Disney were bold enough to kill off all of the characters. Title screen was pretty crappy, like really? Vader's line about not choking on your aspirations was extremely cheesy. Vader was never really a pun character, and that struck me as really out of place. We all knew that Ben Mendelsohn was going to be great, but other standouts were Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, and Alan Tudyk. Who would have known that a droid would turn out to be a fantastic character. Donnie Yen had his moments, but it felt like it went between being great and being meh. Wen was pretty meh.

CGI Tarkin was possibly the best done I've seen. Better than young Anthony Hopkins in Westworld, better than young Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy, and felt like it was on the same level as touched up Michael Douglas in Ant-Man.

The third act... Sweet Jesus, that third act delivered in ways that I wasn't sure it could. Everything about the battle sequences on the ground and in space has been something I think we all have been waiting for.

Graphically speaking, the plants and scale between objects is unparalleled. The planets and vistas were stunning.

Minor gripes: the score didn't seem to always fit but had glimpses of greatness that felt like they were Giacchino's take on Williams' score
    from the OT, and Forest Whitaker's Saw. Oh boy, Saw felt like he had become so paranoid that he had gone nuts.

I'm still hesitant about the Han Solo anthology, but this really gives me hope that Lucasfilm can deliver different flavors of the Star Wars galaxy and tell some good stories.

podjazd likes this.
  21. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    That line in Rogue One and my mind instantly went to

[​IMG]

Mod EDIT: Even alluding to details from RO requires tags

earlchinna likes this.
  22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Keep this in mind, people, or it's the banhammer for you.
    [​IMG]

23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    No spoilers from me. But this movie was freaking fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    oh and I noticed watching R1 for the second time
    VM voice saying sth like we follow you Gold Leader, during the battle of Scarif. That's why I think that must have been Hera over the comm. Oh and Chopper on Yavin grumbling and waving his "hands"

25. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Chopper in the movie :)

[​IMG]