main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jfostrander, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Please stop your baiting. Thanks.

2. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    True, both of those groups would like other to think they don't hold grudges. But the Mandos in KOTOR II held grudges, the Fetts held grudges, and we've seen many Jedi hold grudges - and just becuase that's usually a precurser to them heading to the DS doesn't mean it's not there.

3. mdg1

mdg1 Jedi Master

Mar 31, 2004
    So, I guess I'm the only one seeing parallels to "A New Hope" here? Except Cade isn't a farmboy. :)

4. wassal

wassal Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    i dont'have read all post on this thread,maybe this idea has been lauch or not but here my though about CADE SKYWALKER

maybe as been create like anakin did,by the force,but less power than anakin.

what if,like darth plagueis did,luke as achieve,in the last days of his life,the ultimate power of the force that bring him to create life with the will of the force or maybe it could happen long time after his death since the story set 100 years of the new jedi order series,he like,qui-gon in rots,learn from the whills,a way to create life.

i know it sounds a little too much but if CADE SKYWALKER is not,why not this idea!

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Cade looks to be around 28-30 years old in pics of him, so that would place his DoB somewhere around 111 ABY. Lets say it's an average of 28 years between Skywalker generations (hey, Luke was almost 50 when Ben was born). It would work out like this:

27 ABY - Ben Skywalker born
    55* ABY - Ben Jr.
    83* ABY - Cade Sr.
    111* ABY - Cade Skywalker

Of course, for the 3 gens after Ben their birthdates could be +/-10 years for all we know and could add or subtract a whole generation, but I'm going to assume for the time being that Cade is Ben's great-grandson.

6. lordabominus

lordabominus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2003
    Totally off subject, but QM, C19, or anyone that can answer this for me....where/what is the best source for stories involving mandalorians? i am WAAAAAY behind you guys discussing them.

7. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Grab a copy of Abel G Pena's HISTORY OF THE MANDALORIANS, if you haven't already, plus pretty much anything Karen Traviss touches.

>>"Please stop your baiting. Thanks."<<

Sorry boss, no harm meant.

8. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    The comics Open Seasons are a great place to start, and then there's Tales From the New Republic, which includes one of the very best Fett stories (eat it, Charlemagne! :p), certainly in terms of action, the short story Last Man Standing, which details a bit of Boba and Han's hunter-prey relationship over the years, The Unifying Force, which has a small but very cool scene featuring Mandos giving the Scarheads what for, and just about any SW literature written by Karen Traviss.

9. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000

You misinterpret me, I mean that the average Mandalorian had the same relationship with the Mandalorian warriors as a MODERN Italian has with a Roman. The Mandalorian warrior culture was an ancient religion, a dying way of life, and one preserved only by a select few.

But I imagine Karen agrees with you and this view will soon be repudiated.

10. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    Which is a good thing. Now, if only that second Jedi Purge will happen. ;)

11. Jedi_Earnhardt

Jedi_Earnhardt Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2006
    Sweet. Cade looks rugged and manly, and the new sith (darth maula?), she looks wicked. I hope they give her a double lightsaber. Mabye C-3PO and R2 are still around. Can't wait! yee haa!

12. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Mmm, not sure on this one.
    Artwork looks a little too extreme - ooh Cade is so 'rugged' and 'Hardcore' and why can't it move away from the Skywalkers that at least wouldn't have fixed the familly's destiny as obviously. It's not far enough into the future - if nothing else we know HLL never managed to create that lasting peace and stability they sacrificed their entire lives fighting for, which is quite a pity to say the least.

Might turn out good though, considering it's pedigree.

13. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Theory:

I just read this summary a little bit earlier on Rebelscum...

More than a hundred years have passed since the events in Return of the Jedi and the days of the New Jedi Order. There is a new evil gripping the galaxy, shattering a resurgent Empire and seeking to destroy the last of the Jedi. Even as their power is failing, the Jedi hold to one final hope: the last remaining heir to the Skywalker legacy.

...and I got to thinking that I was less apprehensive, that this sounds mythic. And then I thought...what if what the galaxy needs is a Skywalker?

A lot of us are sort of apprehensive about the return of the Empire (note the word "resurgent") and the Sith, but keep in mind that this is the first time post RotJ that there are no Skywalker Jedi. Perhaps the bloodline of the Chosen One is needed to keep the Force in balance, is necessary to maintain peace? Without Cade wearing robes and wielding a lightsaber, the galaxy is in shambles.

I kind of like that.

Too bad Cade is so ugly. And he has terrible hair.

14. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I expect he'll look better in the actual comic.

15. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Hopefully. I mean, he looks better in the concept art, too...

16. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Now where have we heard that before?o_O

"You, my friend, are all that remains of that ancient religion".[face_whistling]

That's what you really meant? I actually think that my misinterpretation of your argument makes perhaps more sense than your actual argument.[face_thinking]

In the first place, even allowing you the benefit of the doubt in imagining that the Protectors represented 100% of Mando military strength, they're only seperated from contemporary Mandos by four decades or so, not more than a thousand years as with the Italians and Romans, and if nothing else, the thoughts of Kal Skirata in the RC:TZ excerpt would seem to support the idea that the Mandalorian warrior culture was still alive and well, 4,000 years after Canderous. Note that the references are all to the Mandalorian way, not the way of the Mandalorian warriors, not the way of those old fogies who still hang on to the traditions of antiquity, but the way of the Mandalorians. All Mandalorians, present tense.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I rather hope so.[face_thinking]

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Do you guys ever get the feeling that star wars won't have any live action tv series or maybe even animation post ROTJ? I'm excited with the new comic, but it makes me wonder though.

18. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Legacy TV series... [face_thinking] That would be the biggest kriffing suprise ever! And it would be awesome... :cool:

A post RotJ TV series probably will not ever happen, though.

19. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Too much EU coverage already. Nothing left to do post RotJ, unless they based it loosely on the books. I, personally, could stand a sort of YJK TV series done like Smallville or those other shows...I dunno. It'd be an interesting take...

20. _ViE_AcheRoN_

_ViE_AcheRoN_ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2003
    Just out of curiosity, who thinks the Twi'lek chick looks pretty awesome? NOT just because of the bikini, but because, visually, she's a rather fascinating character?

She seems to be one of almost everybody's complaints, but it was the striking nature of that picture that most got me interested in this series. [face_thinking]

21. JarJarStink

JarJarStink Jedi Master star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    Well I've given this two days of thought before posting. My initial reaction was incredibly pessimistic and had I posted what I thought then I'm sure I would have been banned but good.

However after taking a deep breath and reading through this entire thread I've decided to give Legacy the benefit of the doubt. That said I still have one HUGE fear. I don't want Luke's fate discussed at all until at least the 9 book series is done. I don't care if he dies, but I don't want to find out about it in some throw away line in a comic. Luke is the biggest character in the entire history of the GFFA, he's had more EU coverage than any other character and deserves a proper 'real time' sorta death. On the flip side it would suck to see him alive in Legacy before the LotF series wraps as well. A hundred years of invincibility?

The best approach IMHO would be that his whereabouts are unknown. Maybe he wanders off like Muad'dib in Dune? That'd be kinda cool and would leave things ambiguous enough to not kill the suspense in the LotF books.

22. sarlaccpit_48

sarlaccpit_48 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    You don't know that maybe before he became a bounty hunter he was a moister farmer on Tattoine. It seems that every Skywalker was a moister farmer at one point in their lives.

23. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    That's what must happen. They just CAN'T kill Luke. Not in the EU. If he was to die, he'd die in the Star Wars Saga. He survived the movies, now he can't be killed. The NJO restricton must still apply, at least as "leave things ambiguous".

24. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm also not in favor of Luke's fate being discussed but, I'm really hoping that the idea of him wandering the galaxy, is the end of his story, not his death, because it would really be a bit more fitting for Luke I think, given the long life span that his strength in the Force should give him.

25. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    I happen to think long human life span is not in Lucas's vision given the aging of Obi-Wan/Mothma, death of Cliegg, etc, and that Luke should -not- pursue material immortality because that's (quite frankly) Missing The Point of the Saga. His true and final destiny is to return to the Force and his father, and he should certainly do that instead of clinging pathetically to the world in a Palpatinish fashion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.