main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jfostrander, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I was pretty optimistic about the series before those Rebelscum tidbits. Based on those the LEGACY comic will be a real cliché collection. It seems that KOTOR and NJO had a baby, and it name is LEGACY. Why, oh why can´t the damn Jedi survive 100 years without somebody mopping the floor with them again? Why Cade has to be the last Skywalker, on which the whole galaxy depends? Haven´t we seen this already, several times in SW, not to speak about the current fantasy - and scifi-literature as a whole?:(

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Then why the bikini? :D

3. WhillJedi

WhillJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    From the Star Wars Official Site - "Even as their power is failing, the Jedi hold onto one final hope: the last remaining heir to the Skywalker legacy." Guess Luke is dead...

4. WhillJedi

WhillJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    The OT also seems to imply that the new Empire is related to Palpy's First Galactic Empire of Old - they label it a "resurgent Empire".

5. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Um, all "last remaining heir" means is "only child".

6. WhillJedi

WhillJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    Sorry. Meant OS, not OT.

7. WhillJedi

WhillJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    [Um, all "last remaining heir" means is "only child".] - CooperTFN

Well, Ben is dead then.

8. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Your sarcasm detector not working well lately, QM? :p

I'm a little more optimistic about this-- I have to say I don't like the idea of Cade or the "last remaining Skywalker" much, but I never did care a whole lot about characers anyhow... I'm more interested in the state of the Galaxy, which sounds interesting. I hope, like I said before, that it's splintered into thousands of independant planets, nations, and fiefdoms with no galactic power. It does say there's a resurgent Empire, but maybe that's just misdirection?...

It does sound interesting that the Sith and this new Empire are at odds with one another. I like that idea, but we'll see how it's executed.

9. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    I feel like I'm waiting for ROTS all over again :p

10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    If anything, it would mean that his parents, who are a couple generations past Ben, are dead, though really it doesn't even that. They could be too old (or otherwise unable) to have more kids, for one thing.

11. Bratty Jedi Master

Bratty Jedi Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 1999
    Last remaining heir of Luke Skywalker would mean Luke could be alive.

Last heir of the Skywalker legacy means anyone else could be alive and he is just the youngest.

Last remaining heir to the Skywalker legacy says to me that Cade is the only living Skywalker. Luke dead, Ben dead, Cade's father dead, any other generation(s) in between dead.

But as I said earlier, it could all be a "certain point of view" thing. I am definitely open to the possibility that more information later could change my interpretation but based on what we have now I'm betting Cade is the only living Skywalker.

Bratty

12. WhillJedi

WhillJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    I'm with you Bratty Jedi Master. I've interpreted the available info the same way - though I suppose new details could prove us wrong. The hints that we have are not enough to definitively establish just what Skywalkers are alive.

13. _ViE_AcheRoN_

_ViE_AcheRoN_ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2003
    :cool:

I, for one, think the Twi'lek looks pretty awesome, and I can't wait to see her in action come May. Apparently she's not going to be the villain, or at least not the main one, but everything about her screams "SITH!" so it'll be interesting to see what's up with her.

Again, I don't give a damn what she wears, scant clothing doesn't mean she's slutty or otherwise "loose." Given the visual treat of her Maul-esque tattoos, I'm personally hoping she won't wear much more throughout the series.

Great job on the character so far, Ms. Duursema, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with her. [face_peace] :D

14. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Well, I guess everyone's dead and Star Wars is over.:(
    *Crawls back into Cave*

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  16. MiniRogue

MiniRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2005
    I really hope Luke and everyone else are dead. They were fun and I hate to see them go, but seriously, its time to move on.

17. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    I like to make people think I don't have one. It keeps 'em off-guard...[face_mischief]

18. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    I see that I'm in the minority here. I'm EXTREMELY disappointed and upset about this new comic book series. I think it's a terrible mistake. For me, this completely ruins the post RotJ SW. It makes the new Legacy of the Force series completely irrelevant. No matter what happens in LotF, it won't matter, because not many years in the future, the galaxy and the Jedi will have fallen apart. The Empire and the Sith will be back. All that Luke, Leia, and Han and their friends and family have struggled and suffered for during their entire lives was for nothing. They were totally unsuccessful. They leave no legacy. They failed to achieve a stable galaxy, and Luke failed to establish a great Jedi Order.

And the only Skywalker left is this earring-wearing, tattooed Jerk who's a pirate and a smuggler, and who has rejected the Jedi and even jettisoned the name Skywalker. Frankly, I'm not a bit interested in reading about him. He sounds like a real loser. And this is the only Skywalker left? That means something catastrophic has occurred, because not only Luke, but Ben, Ben's son, and Ben's grandson will all have to be dead as well to make this pitiful guy the last remaining Skywalker. There's no point in reading Legacy of the Force either, since we know where things will be in less than a hundred years anyway.

I was SO hoping for this ending to the LotF series to be akin to: "...and they all lived happily ever after." But now I see that Han, Leia, Luke, and Luke's offspring never knew peace or joy or long life. What a horrible, horrible way to end the story of the Big Three! It seems that they don't leave a legacy at all. They leave behind a galaxy in chaos despite all of their years of sacrifice. :(

If Dark Horse wanted to do this series, couldn't they have at least moved their series a thousand years into the future? If the "60's are the new 40's", than 100 years is a very short time in that galaxy. And couldn't there be OTHER Skywalker descendants besides this jerk, Cade? How sad that it has come to this. :(

I won't be buying this series. And there's no point in buying LotF either. Since I don't read prequel books or comics anymore, this means the end of reading SW literature for me after two decades. I'm very, very disappointed. :( For me, SW now ends with VotF.

19. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Uhhh...Windy....

Who said he rejected his name? Maybe he's IN HIDING.

Plus, I imagine that they'll live to ripe old ages before dying peacefully.

So reading about the Legacy of the Force is a good thing.

20. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Also COW, what's this about him being a "jerk"? We have no clue as to what his personality is like. For a we know he could be a giant teddy bear. Just going by his look isn't a good thing to do, especailly in the Star Wars univerise. Palp anyone?

21. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Charlemagne19

Who said he rejected his name? Maybe he's IN HIDING.

Nope! I got the impression he CHOSE to leave the Order and chose to reject his name; to leave his old life behind.

Plus, I imagine that they'll live to ripe old ages before dying peacefully.

I now truly feel that the explosive thing that Del Rey says they can't talk about that will happen in LotF is the death of Luke Skywalker.

And since this Jerk Cade is the only Skywalker left in this comic book, that means Cade's father will be dead and his grandfather and his great-grandfather, Ben. So none of them lived to ripe old ages.

So reading about the Legacy of the Force is a good thing.

No, it has become totally irrelevant.

22. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Why do so many keep comparing this to KOTOR?

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I believe someone (can't remember who) said it best earlier in this thread: did reading Dark Nest spoil the ending of The Stark Hyperspace War?

24. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    That'd be me. [face_flag]

25. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Nope! I got the impression he CHOSE to leave the Order and chose to reject his name; to leave his old life behind.

Well I didn't get that.

I now truly feel that the explosive thing that Del Rey says they can't talk about that will happen in LotF is the death of Luke Skywalker.

Uhhh, Windy there's been NO collaboration between DHC and LotF.

And since this Jerk Cade is the only Skywalker left in this comic book, that means Cade's father will be dead and his grandfather and his great-grandfather, Ben. So none of them lived to ripe old ages.

You realize the whole "Sixties is the new Forties" thing is only a tendency. Ackbar was only 87 when he died, Mon Mothma was the same. It's not a bad thing if Ben dies in his nineties. As for Cade's parents...if they die...well yes, sucks to be them but its a hazard of the Jedi.

No, it has become totally irrelevant.

Uh huh. Glad you didn't read the Courtship of Princess Leia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.