main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jfostrander, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    :eek:

I. Want. It. Now.

This looks great! I cannot wait for the first issue. Weird, even though it's a whole new era and far enough away from the rest of the saga that it is on it's own, my first thought was: "Will we see any familiar faces?" R2 and 3PO could still be kicking around and some long-lived characters like Lowbacca could easily still be alive. Perhaps on the Jedi Council?

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I also couldn't find this, when is the estimated release for this series?

3. dareiqsan

dareiqsan Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! more star wars!!! ive been thinking about something like this for some time...and youre finally making it!!!

4. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    That cover and the tattoos definitely make me wonder - if the Doneeta line can go from sorta greenish to blue, is red such a stretch? :)

Edit: Hey, that Twi'lek actually has ears!

5. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Guh!

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004

*words cannot express the joy, hope, and fear of Sinrebirth about this*

*he is so glad he's sittting down*

7. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Depending on what the limit is for human Jedi we unfortunatly could be stuck with Jacen, Jaina, and Tahiri too as old Masters considering Vima's long age we could even still have Luke out there some where, just as a minor character who's no longer at the center of it all.

8. Aras

Aras Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    I have so much fear for this series. I think that whomever thought of this idea was banking on the fact that a Quinlan Vos type character would sell.

I personally loved Quinlan Vos, but I just can't see a descendant of Skywalker becoming a pirate and abandoning the force. I could maybe see a child of the Solo line becoming a pirate, but I would rather the universe introduce a new hero for a new age.

9. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Personally, I love the idea of a non-Jedi Skywalker.

10. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Sounds interesting, and I'll read pretty much anything Ostrander and Duursema produce at this point :)

11. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I dunno, my leanings on the non-Jedi Skywalker are that if Cade has a sibling that's in the Jedi Order I'd be fine with it but I think that the destiny of the Skywalkers should be tied in fairly directly with the destiny of the Jedi and the Sith considering that they're descendents of the Chosen One.

12. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    [face_laugh] Given that Cade seems to like antiques, it just might be a possibility.

And the Alora-lookalike isn't the cover of the first issue, it's the cover of the 25c mini-handbook. For all we know, issue 1 will be somehting much spiffier.

Although, speaking of the art, is it just me or does this look CG? Or maybe that's because they're showing it before the actual art had been done? :confused:

13. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Looking pretty good. Can't wait to see some more info.

14. JaggedFel568

JaggedFel568 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2005
    First off: =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= I'm worried about where LotF and this meet, but it looks great!

Second:

Assuming there even is a Jedi Council. Or Jedi. We know from Outbound Flight that the populice can turn against the Jedi very easily (and it's not like the NJO is making it that hard to be hated), perhaps the Dark Lady of the Sith (who's been named as a villan in LotF)has taken on a apprentice or even built up her own Sith Empire in the Unknown Regions and returns to unleash terror amongest the GFFA and, in doing so, devides the Jedi and the public onto oppsite sides?

In any case, I have a question for John: will we find out what (if anything) happened to Luke, Leia, and Han in Legacy?

I.E.:

...ever since Luke Skywalker was killed...

Please forgive my spelling, I am very excited about this project.

15. Jon_Bidinger

Jon_Bidinger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2003
    I was thinking that it looked CG too.

I think that with the team that is working on this, we dont have to worry about quality issues. Time to leap into the great unknown, and I for one cant wait.

I wonder if Quin's decendents have any decendents???

16. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Pirate Skywalker?

Star Pirates of the Carribean Wars? :eek:

Cade Skywalker: "Now... bring me that horizon."
    *humming*
    "And really bad eggs. Drink up me 'earties. Yo ho."

Just kidding :p

Sounds good, but I get the feeling that 100 years after LOTF is too short. If this series wants to start with a clean slate, why not make it 200, 250 years?

Now we will have old characters hanging around, and not enough time has passed to put a distance between the old & the new...
    There'll be an akward gap, and I kinda liked the idea of the Legacy books being the ending of the EU in that time-era, just as I liked the NJO being the ending of the EU in the time-era, as I originally assumed it to be.

17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If I could, I'd borrow the slogan from Team America but the TOS does not permit it!

(No dp4m I haven't forgotten about the Cartman ban! ;) )

So: **** yeah!

Excellent. I can jump the whole DN/LOTF crap with the bogus politics and irritating Jedi and forgot about the Solo Brats! Yeee-eess! Oh yeah.

The domination of SW by DHC is set to continue nicely, look at it:

Past: Knights Of The Old Republic
    Present: Rebellion
    Future: Legacy

Damn perfect!

JB

18. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Awesome, totally awesome.

It's original, fresh and really exciting.

John and Jan have already done fantastic work, and giving them their own reign over a brand new specific time period, setting and characters is a great reward for their hard work.

It also represents a great opportunity to allow people to get into the EU without having to understand the rest of the continuity. Following on freom a huge novel series, and into another novel series could turn a lot of people off, so this will be a good place to start. Even so I'm sure there'll be plenty of references anyway for the rest of us!

It's something I never would have predicted, but it's great. Big thumbs up from me. =D=

I hope this is the series in which John was going to include 'The Hat', if so it will automatically earn the rank of freakin' sweet.

19. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    >>"And the Alora-lookalike isn't the cover of the first issue, it's the cover of the 25c mini-handbook. For all we know, issue 1 will be somehting much spiffier."<<

Come to think of it - especially with all the smoke - it gives off a real KotOR vibe, like the games opening menu.

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999

::dies::

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG! OMG!

OMG!!!!!!!

I am so happy! They could mess up, but I have faith that they wouldn't have allowed it if it wasn't GREAT!!! You guys have my complete trust! :D

I think I now know how the LOTF will turn out...

22. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    oh, and since Jedi's main job in that Era seems to be pirate-hunting, allow me to be the first to say:

Cade vs. Jedi :p

23. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I'm interested, providing it isn't constantly referencing the past. I don't want to know the fates of characters in other books, I don't want a book where Skywalker interacts with Solo, Calrission, Karrde, Durron and so on. I want it like KOTOR, stories in a different time.

24. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I am excited about this series immensely. My only qualm is that I feel it should have been sent further into the future, possibly 500 to 1,000 years to not only break out of the OT character references but make no mentioning them.This series could easily expand the protective bubble around Luke, Leia, and Han until predetermined periods. If they want to introduce new characters than they need a more distant time period.

However, I'm sure they are taking this into consideration and the series will be excellent. Really looking forward to this.

-The Rebel Gungan

25. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm pretty sure the point is precisely NOT to start from a clean slate, but to begin a sort of New Trilogy...thing. What I mean to say, is that the PT was connected ot the OT by a few threads, but by and large it was completely new. The OT continued on through to LotF, and it seems that Legacy wants to break off from those constraints while remaining familiar.

Also, the big three are dead. Seriously. What did Leia say Han had? Another good sixty years? They're dead.

And OF COURSE they're going to reference the past, because the past shaped the galaxy. 500-1,000 years would be silly.

Personally, I think it'll probably be a great little fanboy moment when, after a few years of reading Legacy comics, we read the novel in which Cade is born.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.