main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jfostrander, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    John, this post confirms that you are one of the coolest VIPs on the JC :p

2. Randy_Stradley

Randy_Stradley Dark Horse Comics Editor and Author star 2 VIP

Apr 23, 2002
    But I just wanted to say -- ugh! Oof!

Jeez, no, not the groin, Ganner! Uuuuck...

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    ...err...

Maybe I should have told him to make an exception for you.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Nah. Better play it safe; who knows what he's capable of.

5. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Apologies for expressing my excitement about your project before having all the facts, Mr. Ostrander, sir! ;)

-Paul

6. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Who said the Sith are coming back to rule? Maybe all they care about now is just revenge on the Jedi and don't care about ruling the galaxy.

Posted by Jan on that NEWSARAMA interview:

On the new Sith Order, "We spent long hours discussing the return of the Sith Order," she posted on the Dark Horse boards. "We analysed the problem in great detail, and it is not conflict with George Lucas' vision of Star Wars. Even Lucas approved the basics of the story and he still thinks that the Expanded Universe isn't just an alternative universe which is different from his own. The Legacy series will not ruin the significance of the Prophecy and Anakin Skywalker's redemption. You really think that we didn't think about this and we missed it???"

7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I'd like to add...

"NONE SHALL POST!"

[image=http://www.jedidirectory.com/Ganner2.jpg]

*is hit in the skull with the low powered edge of the lightsaber by Ganner, causing sizzling noises and burning*

AH! NOT THE FACE! NOT THE FACE!

8. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Have any more preview pages been released other than this one?

I'm still underwhelmed by the Legacy premises, but the fact that he appears to be a bit of a rogue rather than another emo Jedi helps. I still find the concept as a whole to be rather repetetive though.

9. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Uh, not really.

10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999

Also this one.

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    o_O

Anyhow, I believe that Jan has said (over at DHC boards?) that the art in the actual comic will not be the same as that in the preview.

12. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Umm... erm... *glances to one side, then the other* Coop, you do realize that that panel is completely unrelated to the previous discussion, right? :confused:

- Keralys

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    You guys have no sense of humor.

14. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    :p

Sure we do. I just figured that you could at least do John and Jan the courtesy of not comparing them to that... thing... :p I mean, the story was good, the art was just... not my thing.

- Keralys

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I liked everything about it. I want to see more of that.

16. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Quiet Mandalorian posted:

Uh, not really.

Yes they are.o_O

17. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    No, I'm afraid they're not.o_O

Tell me, would you call the Crusades "continuing politics with the help of war"?

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    *Avoids Ganner*

I'd call them War for the Sake of War.

;-)

19. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    And I wouldn't.

*waits for rouge to respond*

20. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Id call 'em Round One of a War thats been going on since.. well the fall of the Roman Empire... and will continue one indefinately until one side exterminates the other.. (reasoning: nothing else has ever worked)

Anywho: It doesnt matter if the entire GFFA gets sucked into a Black Hole and everything is compressed into a singularity.. it doesnt change the fact that in 5ABY Luke defeated the Emporer.. or blew up the Death Star.. faced Vader twice and redeemed him.. Hes done his part.. its time to move on.. but that doesnt take away from anything done before.. Does the fact that the Clone Wars was a total sham invalidate what everyone did... no... Its not whether you win or lose.. its more about why you fight.. sometimes figthing for a good cause and losing is more worthy than winning defending nothing.. although not conducive to a long lifespan..

*dodges Ganner*

"Hey stop that.. Im done Im done"

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Uhhh...

Q_M what do you mean?

I can understand the Mandalorians being noble and so on....but they don't fight FOR anything in particular. They fight because its their way of life. That's what being a Mandalorian is all about.

22. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Excellent point Rohniss =D=

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, everyone who says, "Things seem kind of bad, therefore by my unassailable logic, everything the heroes ever did is completely invalidated and they might as well have stayed home," is missing the point utterly. There are some Sith now, so Luke should have rolled over and let the galaxy plunge into 100 years of Sith tyranny, eliminating millions of good people along the way. Yeah. I suppose the police should never put a criminal in jail because there's just going to be more crime anyway.o_O :rolleyes: [face_talk_hand]

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Boy, you go away for a week and looks what happens. THIRTY SEVEN PAGES?!<<

Well, you'll have to make a really important announcement next time if you want more ;) :D

25. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Certainly the crusades had political reasons as well religious and even economical. One example: the Catholic Church supported - and on local level it´s clergy led - the Peace movement, that tried to restrain the military aristocracy´s basically non-stopping acts of violence, and the Crusades at least send them killing people and pillaging somewhere else. Also the pope, who wanted to be accepted as the supreme ruler of Christendom above the Emperor and kings, got with the Crusades a Latin Christendom wide movement instigated by him and, and which at least theoretically he was also the figurehead. So the Crusades were good politics for the pope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.