main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Official "List Your Complaints about Rogue One" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by BretHart, Dec 15, 2016.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    They never explained where Rey, Finn and Poe were. :p

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009

That scene as a whole will never be the same to me. I always assumed that Leia's "diplomatic mission" cover was somewhat plausible. Now I know that Leia must have had a ton of guts to try that excuse. :p

3. WhyKnock

WhyKnock Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2016

He knew she was part of the Rebel Alliance AND a traitor.

Just like how his grandson perceives the same woman...

It's like poetry.

Chewies_bandolier and fistofan1 like this.
  4. PalpShouldLive

PalpShouldLive Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2005
    Cassian disguised as an imperial officer, but having a full beard of facial hair...

Riven_JTAC, J_Girl and JediMatteus like this.
  5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Initially she didn't have a lot of guts but then they CGI'd them in.

yodarulzall likes this.
  6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    my only complaint is that i haven't watched it yet.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm complaining that you haven't watched it yet, too.

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    cheers. :cool:

9. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I hated the location labels for systems and planets and the font used for them. I'm okay with English being used in ALTAIAGFFA, the crawl and credits. Subtitles are fine too. But I don't like seeing it anywhere else especially in-universe (one of the only things I liked about Special Editions).

Seeing "Yavin 4" not "Yavin IV" really sold me on not liking the labels. I don't know why. I just checked the Wooki and I guess 4 is appropriate, but alpha-numerical just bothers me in SW.

10. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    How can missiles fired from a small snubfighter travel the entire radius of a battle station the size of a small moon in a few seconds?

oh wait wrong movie.

11. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Jyn and Cassian had plenty of time to get busy at the end. Might as well enjoy your last moments.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    FTFY

cerealbox likes this.
  13. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    The only death that I hated was the child Jyn saved on Jedha.

Great Jyn, you saved her. Then some minutes later..............kaboom

JediMatteus likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I have seen the film 3 times and... every single time... I have walked out of the cinema haunted by the thought of what Vader went downstairs and did to the greatest Star Wars character of all time Admiral Raddus.

Bor Mullet, Lt. Hija and LordDallos like this.
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    so, erm... why didn't Vader force grab the plans? That plot hole could have been avoided, if the plans were transmitted.

16. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Shouldn't Cassian have just shot Jyn and himself quickly rather than feel the explosion.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The first time they did the establishing shot of Scarif, I kept picturing Darth Sidious visiting this major, vital Imperial installation. Imagine him having to land out there in the Caribbean and then have an attendee cover him with a sunbrella. Glorious.

18. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Imperial Royal Guard: "Sir, here is your parasol and SPF 15."
    Emperor: "Yes. This will make a great asset."

19. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Biggest issues...

1. Why didn't the Death Star destroy planets as quickly and effectively as in ANH, which happens immediately afterward?
    2. Vader taking a bacta bath. Did we really need to see that? I honestly don't know how I feel about that. I assumed he does those sorts of things, but does actually seeing it diminish him? (Probably not given the end of the movie.)
    3. Vader living on Mustafar. It is said he never goes to Tatooine because of the pain it caused him. Yet he builds his home in the Outer Rim on Mustafar?
    4. Character deaths. I liked all the new characters, but I never really felt for them when they died. To some degree that's understandable as it's a standalone. But I wanted to care about them more.
    5. Troopers. I wanted to see more of the awesome Scarif Troopers in action. We only saw them a few times briefly.
    6. Awesome shots and scenes from the trailers missing in the final film. What happened to them and why were they cut? It really seems like they made some significant changes in recent months.

Other than that, I loved the film and have far fewer issues with it than I did TFA.

20. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    My biggest gripe with it is a nitpick but WHERE WAS MY CGI WEDGE? Awesome that we got Gold Leader and Red Leader, but why not Wedge??

HellasLEAF-Jedi likes this.
  21. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Am I missing simething or wasn't Galen portrayed in Catalyst as a scientist who's specialization were Kyber crystals and how to use them for laser power? So how come all of a sudden he is the designer of the exhaust port? Shouldn't this be done by architects/designers and not some scientist?

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  22. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008

i would assume he would work hand in hand with engineers to ensure kyber crystals... you know, don't explode

Chris_Fives likes this.
  23. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I actually think that exhaust port itself was not his design flaw- it was necessity to remove the heat, but he probably ensured that if exhaust port is fired on it will cause chain reaction that destroys the reactor. He was leader of the project and expert on kyber crystals so surely he was able to affect the entire design of the station- besides we don't know for sure if he really was the only traitor in the team.

Actually it is filmed on Maldives which sure looks like Caribbean though.

Chris_Fives likes this.
  24. boonjj

boonjj Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2016
    I found that to be one of the better bits of comedy actually; visual, subtle.

Though he probably could have shaved beforehand knowing he would be infiltrating the base..

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I agree with the last one but I really think Jyn and Cassian can be called spies- they infiltrated the facility and stole the plans while other rebels helped to get them to safety and offered diversion. But yeah those rebels Vader murders in the end are not spies. It just went differently in RO than ANH let's us to believe and Vader's comments are mostly ignored when making Rogue One that I find pretty odd.

It's more funny that no imperial notices how officer that goes in the shuttle looks totally different than guy who comes out:p Not really sure if full beards are forbidden by the Empire though, but surely they are not usual imperial style like sideburns(well they were part of 70s). Rebels seem to favor moustache (another thing in 70s fashion that looks funny now)-so Galactic Civil war is actually about moustache vs. sideburns:p

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.