main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. The Boards Are Now Reopened For Business:

READ THIS: your ability to post here depends upon it.. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Rogue One The Official "List Your Complaints about Rogue One" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by BretHart, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 6

Apr 6, 2018
    My only real complaint is that I can’t believe they killed off...Bor Gullet.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 7

Oct 4, 1998
  3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    So, Krennic went down to Scarif to the records base in order to pull up every message Galen Erso ever sent. But why? Why did Krennic think that Galen would have spoken about his scheme over the phone? Galen just talked with Bodhi in person about it. Why would he talk with Bodhi over the phone when it was always recorded? Krennic knew that Galen conspired with the pilot. He said so on Eadu before he slapped Galen. It seems like a contrived way to get Krennic on that planet so he would be there when they broke in to get the plans. They lit the place up and shot him.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Probably just in case, and to see if there might’ve been some major details of the DS plans leaked to the broader Rebel Alliance (which could’ve also given Krennic info on their whereabouts, perhaps, which would put him in good standing with the Emperor). Made sense to me.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 7

Oct 4, 1998
    It would make sense to have a standing procedure to deal with security breaches. You find out a high-level scientist or engineer has betrayed you, you go through all his mail to look for clues about who he's been in contact with and what he told them. Unless he's an idiot, his comms won't spell out his treachery in black and white, but there are likely to be hints and suspicions worth investigating.

6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. As someone with experience in bureaucratic procedure when it comes to security issues, I found it very true to life. Like a lot in the film.

Sarge likes this.