main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official NaNoWriMo 2007 Thread - important notice on last page

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by moosemousse, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    68033 and still going. I want to get to 70022 tonight - because last year's count was 70021. [face_mischief] Whether or not I'll make it is iffy, but so far it's been going okay, and I've finally gotten through the hazy part of the plot where I had no idea what I was doing and got back to something that I have more of a plan for. Although it's gone off the plan a little bit anyway.

ETA: 70069! Beat last year's total and it's only day 16. [face_dancing]

2. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    I totally forgot to post yesterday's word count here, and didn't write anything today.

Current word count: 40,073.

3. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I feel like such a bonehead, my first year and I only cracked 1,000 words yesterday.

Bravo to all of those who are going to make it down the stretch!

=D=

4. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Made up a bit for yesterday with 31811. Didn't make up as much ground as I'd hoped, but it was to the point where I didn't want to start another scene, but couldn't think of anything else to do with the scene I was working on.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    15,000 to go and I will pass the 50,000 mark and the story is getting its shape after some rearranging.

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've just written the last paragraph! [face_dancing]

All I need to do is write everything else that goes before it. :oops:

7. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    I'm bowing out...Just hit 30,000 words and I'm done. I am so so tired and getting to 30,000 has been very painful. I need to sleep much more than I need to write. I'm also feeling sick a lot of the time and have been suffering from headaches (oh the joy of pregnancy)...

I feel kinda sad not making it all the way, but there's always next time. And my story isn't over, I just won't be writing it this month.

Well done to those of you who have already hit 50k and good luck to those of you still writing!!! =D=

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    * [:D] Kestrel*

You did really well getting to 30,000 words in 17 days. That's an accomplishment in itself. :)

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congrats to those who have finished, and I'm cheering for those who are getting close!!!

I've been swamped by school and to top it off I have an infection in the lymph nodes under my arm and my arm is swollen up like a balloon (along with my side, my back and my neck 8-} ), and it is very painful. I can hardly write at all, and I pretty much have to type one handed, so I guess my first year at NaNo is going to end in failure! :( I'm still gonna try and write more, but it probably won't be much!

I guess there is always next year. :D

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sorry to hear about those feeling ill and dropping out. :(

I hit 32,246 today. Still ahead wordwise. I hope it stays that way!

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    topped at 37,706 this evening and now some fun at a diner

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Stopping for today at 38,636 words and the end of a chapter. :)

I'm hoping I can keep it going for the last 12,000 words, things seemed to have progressed more quickly than I had hoped. [face_worried]

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I haven't had to call in the ninjas yet to keep my plot going. But I have made heavy use of something resembling the Vulcan mind meld. (How else can my alien learn English quickly? It's either that or a Universal Translator).

14. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Congrats to all with the word counts, all those that have finished and those still plugging away. Sorry to hear you're bowing out Kestral. Understandable if you are feeling the effects of the pregnacy though. But you did great writing that much.

I've hit 58,000 and am really struggling to wrap the story up. I keep thinking of these other plot tidbits and throwing them in. I may have made the count but I still haven't finished the story. Help! I need some advice. I think I have let my inner editor loose too! Argh!

15. LadyLunas

Aug 31, 2005
    Kestral_Kenobi and mavjade, you attempted it, and that's what matters. Hope you both feel better!

PadawanKyla, don't worry about wrapping up the story because it's passed 50k. Write as much on it as you need to. If you do want to end it, use broad strokes that end the scenes/plotlines. You can go back and revise later. As for the inner editor, ignore, ignore, ignore, unless what needs fixing is blatant and will affect your story.

Current word count: 43,280.

16. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    I figured out a way to integrate my story into my plot.

I figured out that what my NaNo novel is really about is an author struggling to write a story for NaNo yet being unable to decide on an idea :p

That way I can keep all my ideas and not lose any words! Huzzah! That brings my total word count for the month so far to 25,032!!!!

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    End it all with some horrible disaster that kills everyone?

I think I'm going to struggle with the last 12,000 words. I'm averaging 3,000 per chapter and I have two chapters of story left. I am planning on doing an epilogue though, it might be enough but I doubt it.

Edit: ironically I was tempted to throw in some ninjas, it might have sped things up but it wouldn't help my word count.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    38,647 is the count this morning and the last chapter is almost finished but some in between chapters are being added

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I think I've solved my problem low word count problem. I'm going to add some giant robots. [face_dancing]

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I had a good session today. I'm just shy of 35k at 34,677. However I got a message that the database is down when I tried to log onto the NaNo website so I'll have to try later to update the word count there.

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I got to 41,474 this morning. I'm vaguely glad I didn't sleep last night as I probably wouldn't have written anything otherwise (parents came over to take me out for lunch, and I'm going out soon). Tomorrow will probably be a bad day as I have lectures all day. It's sucky because it's also my birthday and I'll be busy all day. :(

22. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Thanks LadyLuna and moosemouse. I don?t think I?m going to kill everyone but some maiming could be fun! :D The editing part is because the story is veering off and I?m trying to maintain some consistency but I did manage to ignore that editor for the most part yesterday. And the characters keep throwing in these extra plot twists! I figure I?m going to keep going and with the goal now of having the story wrapped up by the end of the month.

So far, 62,450. I had a pretty good day yesterday. We?ll see what my writers group thinks this afternoon.

And happy birthday moosemouse! And look at you! You?re almost there!

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The NaNo wewbsite is back up now. I finally got my word count updated.

24. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I'm writing in every moment of free time now, at 23,030. I want to get to 25,000 before I go to bed tonight.

25. LadyLunas

Aug 31, 2005
    You're welcome, PadawanKayla.

Happy Birthday, moosemousse.

Two chapters left till the end of Part Two. Yup, this is one section that'll have to be lengthened in the edit. But it means I'm almost at 50k!

Current word count: 45,647.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.