main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official NaNoWriMo 2007 Thread - important notice on last page

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by moosemousse, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    At 36652. Depending on how I feel later, I might end up going for 37k today.

2. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I finally hit 25,000 words! [face_dancing] The 25,000th word was "leaving." I am so happy that I'm halfway done.
    Wow, I just realised that there still are 25,000 words to go...

3. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    OK, make that 37061. Wrote most of another scene. Now I just need to figure out what will go between it and the scene that comes before it, as there needs to be at least a day between them.

4. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    26,042 is the end count for the night. I think it's about time to finish my homework and go to bed.
    edit: darnit, my muse just had to make me finish that particular scene. So the final count for the night is 26,660.

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ending tonight at 32,504. :)

Happy to see the way everyone else is going - and some are allready done? :eek: Great job guys!=D=

~MJ@};-

6. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Haven't updated here in awhile, sorry. I've been busy IRL and with NaNo on top of that, well, eek. But my total as of today is 83,049.

Which, actually, brings my daily quota back down to the 1600s, if I mean to get 100K by the end. Shouldn't be too hard from here... if I don't run out of plot... [face_worried]

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No new words for me today - I took the day off. I hope to pick things up tomorrow.

8. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Stick head in shyly.

I got sick and couldn't write for well over a week so I am at 10,113 but I am not going to quit just because I am two weeks behind everyone else.

9. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Done for the night at 38291. Don't really have my heart in it today, but I should be able to hit 40k tomorrow. That'll be good since I won't get much done Wednesday-Friday because I'll be at some relatives house for Thanksgiving.

10. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    I reached 50k! I have my pretty green bar now.

Am I done with the novel? No. But I am going to attempt to finish it before November ends.

Current word count: 50,847.

11. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    28751 words for me... and if I didn't have to get up at six for work at seven I'd probably write more. I was on a roll, but sleep calls :_|

maybe I'll actually be able to start writing before 1030 at night on of these nights... it might help

12. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    30,000 words! [face_dancing] And I'm not yet done for the night! I'm so happy and rather ahead of schedule.

13. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Congrats LadyLunas on getting to the word count goal! And at over 66k I'm still not finished the story! But the maiming scene is approaching. Lol! End of November sounds like a plan though.

And Sithgirl! Way to get those words pumped out. Good for you!

It is fabulous how well everyone is doing and those with lower word counts, don't despair. My sister is only at 5100 and is still determined to get it finished. The fanfic (HP stuff) has been pulling her away but that's now wrapped up.

14. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    31,423 is the final count for the night. I have to go to bed now if I want to get up for class tomorrow. But I hope to surpass 35,000 words since I have a lot of free time tomorrow...

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    ended at 45,943 today and trying to write more

16. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks to those who wished me a happy birthday. [:D]

I thought I wouldn't get any done yesterday but I ended up doing 1137 words, more than I needed to if I'm to finish on the 30th so I was happy with it. I'm on 45,209 and I'm taking a long break to do food shopping.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Posted many words today and now up to 49,353 on the counter. Shuffled chapters and added an prologue introducing my characters to the non Star Wars world of NaNoWriMo

18. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Still writing now, at 33,234 words. I hope to hit 35,000 by the end of the day.

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it past 35k. Ended the day at 37,182.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yippee passed the 50 K last hour and now only editting and adding more chapters as they are forming. The epilogue is added and chapters in between can be put in easy.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Congratulations! I still have a bit to go but I think my story will stretch to 50k without padding.

22. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm only at 18,150 words, and I don't believe I'll be making it to 50,000 this month, but I'm gonna keep writing this story. It's about time I let it out of my head! :p The characters are coming to life really well, and I wrote my longest fight scene a couple nights ago. I may be going slow compared to most of the people here, but I'm having fun writing it. I only hope I can get it published!

23. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    39,280...okay...time for a break!

24. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    moosemouse asked me to look after things while she's out celebrating her birthday, and although I dropped out back on the 7th, I have been keeping a keen eye on all of you!

Now with only 10 days left, and since most of you still hanging in there are confident you'll make the mark (and them some); how many plan to put it aside for awhile and then try editing it maybe some time down the road?

Or, do you plan on diving right into the editing/re-write process?

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I'll probably edit what I have come December, then continue writing the novel... and I'll also continue writing the fanfics I have put on hold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.