main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official NaNoWriMo 2007 Thread - important notice on last page

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by moosemousse, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Other than removing the strike-through stuff, I'll probably set it aside until Jaunary. I probably won't have it finished, but I'll need a break.

2. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    I'll probably switch to research mode for awhile, and plan out how to fix the stuff that sort of got changed up mid-novel. Then start editing.

I am absolutely insane right now. I am trying to break 90K tonight. [face_hypnotized]

1256 to go.

3. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Broke 40k today (40203). I'm going to be out of town the next 3 and a half days for the holiday, but I hope to get a little bit done, even though I'll need to transfer it in when I get home. I have enough of a margin that it shouldn't be too much of a problem, at least.

Anything I write over the trip will probably be at the climax of the novel to avoid conflicting with things I've written so far, since I won't have the file with me.

4. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Well, my story changed entirely over the weekend, but it's moving better than it was before, which is a good thing. I hit 15,185 tonight, and I may get a few more before I call it quits. :)

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    now that it is over 50,000 words I am first picking up on my other fics like my diaries and Obi-Wan stories and reading the novel and I will come up with more ideas to include in it.
    Real life will certainly be included because one of the characters is a firefigter like me.
    The end epilogue is finished as it is.

6. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    92,019 and I refuse to write even one more word tonight. Tomorrow, well, I'm going to attempt to write 7,981 words tomorrow... I just want to get this over with now. I'm having fun with the story but being so close is driving me nuts!

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I will probably hit 40k tomorrow. I finished today at 39,388 (Word counter).

8. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    100,148 and done.

We need a [face_dead] emoticon. 8-}

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Congratulations!

10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll be leaving the editing until after the Uni term has ended. I'll be too busy before then to even think about it. It'll end in the first week of December so it's not exactly waiting but there is a definite break there.

I've finished mine with a final word count of 50,035 words. I was hoping to have a page and a half at most for the epilogue but it turned into two and a bit pages as I ran out of main story. :oops:

And now I have Uni work to be getting on with. :_|

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I might do some editting on mine. But I will probably wait til after New Year's. My wrists have been taking a beating with NaNo and I have a backlog of books and magazines to get through.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ended today with 41,785. I'm getting there!

I hope all of you in the USA have a good Turkey Day!

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I took yesterday off. I really needed that break. Today's total is 44,160. Almost there!

14. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    I'm now at 70,699 and heading for the finish. It will be done this weekend, one way or another! I keep telling myself I can fix the ending during the edit. Hope everyone is moving along. I'm guessing the lack of posts here are due to the US Thanksgiving.

15. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Sorry I haven't been around- I moved over Thanksgiving. (Yes, that is most of the reason I wrote so much so fast.)

Congrats to those who made it and good luck to those still writing! I know you can do it!

Now with only 10 days left, and since most of you still hanging in there are confident you'll make the mark (and them some); how many plan to put it aside for awhile and then try editing it maybe some time down the road?
    Or, do you plan on diving right into the editing/re-write process?

While I was writing it, I thought this would be the one novel I stuck in a drawer and never looked at again. Now that I've had a week of not working on it, I'm thinking it may not be as bad as I thought. So, I'll probably end up editing it at some point. But I have to give 2004 a second edit, as well as 2006's first one, in the spring. I probably won't touch this year's novel until after next November. I need time away from it, so I can read it with a clear eye. (I know people say wait at least a couple months before attempting to edit, but I find that I'm still too close to the story at that point.)

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I've gotten to 20,579 today, and am about to go to a write-in. I know I'm not gonna make the 50,000 by the end of the month, but I'm ok with that. Like I think I said before, this story has been swimming around in my consiousness for several years and it's taken me this long to get up the confidence to write it. So, this NaNoWriMo was just a kick in the pants I needed to start it.

Congratulations to everyone who has already made... and surpassed... the 50k mark! [face_dancing] =D=

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 46,466 today. The 'Winner' section is up on the site - I saw several users with purple 'Winner' bars when I was over there. I'm going to try to make the 50k tomorrow.

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've just validated my novel. My word bar is now purple and says 'winner!'. :D

Good luck to those who haven't finished yet. Congratulations to those who have. :)

19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    having a purple bar too and edited my novel and now ending at 51,037 words.

20. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    I'm WAY behind at just over 30K but I had this problem last year and still made it. it's gonna be one heck of a power-through week for me...

21. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    *runs in throwing confetti*
    I broke 40k. 40,061 so far tonight, and I'm still writing.
    *runs out throwing confetti*

Edit- I just made 41,670 words and killed a major character, and I'm crying now... must get to 45,000 by the end of the night. *gets tissues*

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I seem to have lost 14 words. I copied it into wordpad, changed the punctuation to make it 'normal' and then validated it. Somewhere along the lines 14 words fell out and I don't know how. [face_worried]

It's still over the 50,000 word limit though.

23. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Well, going out of town for Thanksgiving pretty much nuked my margin, but I made up some more margin ground today. Up to 43011 words now.

24. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    I've still got a good ways to go :p My muse died shortly after the 25k mark, but darn it, I'm determined to finish this week even if it kills me! I had a good long break and I think my muse is ready to go back to work. She looks excited, so we'll see how the week turns out.

25. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    45,500. I'll sleep when I've hit the 50,000 mark.

Edit: I made it! 50,046 words, and my novel is done. My computer is about to explode, the keyboard is failing, I'm so caffeine-shocked that I can't think anymore, I feel like I've been attacked by a legion of Yuuzhan Vong warriors, and I have to get up early for work tomorrow...
    But I finished! *faints*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.