main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official NaNoWriMo 2007 Thread - important notice on last page

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by moosemousse, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    I've made it to 45,089 :D Tomorrow's the end, folks! And I'm going to actually finish this year!!! *does insanely happy dance*

2. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Calling it good enough at 50063. Still a long way to go on the story, but I hit 50k.

Now to remove all the strikethroughs ;)

3. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    I'm at 46,916 so i should be able to finish in time!

4. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    25,095... Sad to say that's the best I've ever managed for a nano. I might do some more later tonight, but I'll call that my final count.

5. Force-sensitiveLyn23

Force-sensitiveLyn23 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    2k left!! I"M GONNA WIN THIS THING!

6. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    I finished, I finished!!!!!

50,000 words and an hour to spare before midnight!

7. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Congratulations to everyone pushing through to the last minute- and winning! =D=

And to those of you without the lovely purple bars, remember, you wrote something. You might not have made it all the way to 50k, but what you have now is more than you had before. And that matters just as much.

8. micky-nikki

micky-nikki Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2005
    Oh my goodness, congrats to all the people who made it this year! So many of you seem to have gone above the 50K mark.

My final count for '07 is 42,019. All things considered, I am very pleased with this. I had a week where I wasn't able to write a thing, and I still got more than twice as much as what I got last year. And I have a great start to a story. So yeah, it's all good.

Everyone who attempted this deserves a serious round of applause. This isn't an easy undertaking, and just having the guts to try makes you a winner.

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    well, i ended the month with just over 25,200 words. I would have had a little more, but not enough to reach 50,000 if I didn't have a spot of really bad luck the last two days of the month!

Anyway, I'm happy for those of you who made it. Congratulations!=D=

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    A HUGE conrats to those who made it!!!! =D= =D=

And for those (like me) who didn't make it... there's always next year!! :p

LadyLunas, you always make everyone feel so good with your comments! I just want to thank you for them, because even though I didn't even come close, I feel like I accomplished something! [:D]

11. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    I gotta drop by just to congratulate everyone who took this crazy thing on! You all deserve lots of these smilies: =D==D==D=

12. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Well done everyone! =D=

13. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Congratulation to everyone who made it at the end and to those who even gave this a try. It really is an insane and consuming undertaking and the very fact that everyone wrote something is fabulous! =D=

I did finally wrap up my story at about 87,500 words. My official post on the nano site is 85,142 as I did the count there early yesterday morning. But it is done and will go on the back shelf for at least a week when I plan to start the edit. Now, what to do with all this time?

14. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Didn't get a chance to drop in last night but I DID IT! Yay! Finished at just a bit over 50k!

Congrats to all those who also finished =D=

And good job to all who participated :)

15. LadyLunas

Aug 31, 2005
    Aw, thanks, mavjade. [face_blush]

I agree, PadwanKayla. What to do, indeed? I'm planning on finishing up my classwork and then working on my Christmas presents. I'm handmaking them this year. Should be interesting.

16. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I bow my head in awe to all of you that stuck it through and made it 'til the end.

=D= =D=

17. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Congratulations to everyone who slogged through this month! :D You're real troopers. =D=

18. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Official Notice: I'll be updating the list in the first post to show who's won in a few hours. If you could PM me word counts or post them here I'll make sure you're included in the updated list. :)

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Final count for me was 50,230.

20. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    My final word count was at 50,002 :D

21. LadyLunas

Aug 31, 2005
    I just did a little bit of counting, and came up with a few numbers.

34 people posted word count here.
    12 people won.

That means 1 out of every 3 people here reached 50k. Considering what the average rate of win is for the official site, we did pretty good as a whole here.

22. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I think there might be more. I only got the word counts from this thread and PMs, there might be a few who haven't posted their word count here or PMed it to me.

23. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I quit at 16899 words.
    At least I tried. :p Again.

24. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Congrats to all of you who won and to everyone who threw their hat in as well! It is a crazy thing, NaNo, isn't it?

I managed to get in 50014 words, gotta say, pretty darn happy with myself. :)

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congratulations to all those who won and to everyone who participated!! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.