main
side
curve

The Official NaNoWriMo 2007 Thread - important notice on last page

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by moosemousse, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Congratulations to all who won!

I believe my final word count was about 5,000, maybe a little more, I just had computer and time management issues and never managed to update.

2. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Okay, I admit - I cheated a little. Maybe it wasn't really cheating. One chapter was giving me massive problems so I skipped the last half, and while my WC is accurate, the novel wasn't REALLY 'finished' because it was missing part of Chapter 9. My total novel WC is 103000-104000 but the last 3-4K were added in December.

Anybody up for '08? :D

Why can I never write a single novel-length story? They ALL come in twos; every "new" long story spawns either a prequel or a sequel. I now have written 7 works of novel-length or longer, and all but this last one are in pairs. And I have an idea for a prequel for that. :oops:

3. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Nope, not cheating. Quite a few people skip around in their stories. The goal is really to get 50k (and attempt to finish the story). A lot of people finish up the novels in December- they call it NaNoFiMo. National Novel Finishing Month. You're just following the proud tradition.

Oh, yeah! Of course, I have no idea how busy I'll be, but I'm always going to attempt it.

Hey, don't worry- novels do strange things. NaNovels '05 and '06 decided to combine into one story earlier this year. I'm slowly working on that draft now.

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I might not be able to do NaNoWriMo next year. I'll either be working full time or writing my dissertation. Both of which will leave me with not a lot of time. I could only do it this year because I only have things to do on three days and two of those days are mostly spare time.

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I might actually try it next year. I have an idea for a longer story and it would probably be about 50000 words. We'll see.

Congrats to everyone who made it or even those who made the effort! Hope to see more stories on the boards!

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That's reminded me. I added an index post for a reason . .

Official Notice:
    Does anyone have their NaNoWriMo novels anywhere on the internet? Would you like to share your novels with the rest of us? I'll add an index of novels to the index post as I get links. You don't have to share if you don't want to.

Submissions can be made either here or via PM but should have the format:

Title:
    Author:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

7. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Well, I made it despite working full time. Of course I don't have much of a social life. ;)

As for my novel, I don't have it online, because I plan on trying to get it (and the one before it) published some day, but if people want to read what I have so far, they can PM me with their e-mail address and I can send it to them.

8. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    I'm definitely in for next year. It really gave me the push I needed to start writing again. And after a brief hiatus from it, I've now started editing. I don't know if/where I'll post it. As it is now, it needs much work before I let other than a select few (so far only one person has) read it.

9. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Mine is posted, and I'm contacting a mod about whether the link is postable or not.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    I'll decide about next year closer to the time. I'd like to do it again though - it just depends on how busy I am.

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    As this is related to NaNoWriMo I thought I'd ask this here.

I'm thinking about selling my novel via somewhere like Lulu, a print on demand publisher. Question is, who would be interested in reading my novel and who would be interested in buying it?

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    I think there's a thread over on the NaNo forums about publishing afterwards. Also the February issue of Writers Forum (UK) makes mention of self-publishing and POD books and recommends advertising via your website and blog.

13. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    My NaNo result is actually getting posted here- that's why I really wrote it. Here it is: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=27782701&brd=10477]Lightsaber and Amphistaff[/link]. Keeping parts of it TOS-compliant got a little difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.