main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Depends on the team. I respect the Chargers. I hate and do not respect the Broncos because they won two SBs by cheating and had other cheating incidents as bad as the Pats at least.

heels1785 and christophero30 like this.
  2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
  3. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    With the Pack, it’s because they are rivals and more than a bit of jealousy.

I do straight up despise the Saints though. You all know why.

4. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    What did the Broncos do?

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I don’t know, but the police were chasing them.

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The Broncos cheated the salary cap to be able to keep their super bowl teams together. They were found out later and punished by the league with losing draft picks. But they didn't strip their SBs, which they wouldn't have been able to win if they hadn't cheated the cap to keep all those stars there.

Also there was that one time they put Vaseline on their jerseys when playing the Chiefs to make themselves hard to tackle. Also under Shanahan....man I hate that cheater. He deserves the cheating rep as much as Belichick.

Rew and christophero30 like this.
  7. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

The Manning one was totally on the up-and-up though?

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i pity the chargers. i dislike the broncos. if given the choice of enduring five consecutive broncos super bowl wins or a single raiders one, i'd take the first option.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Manning is a sexual abuser who has never suffered any consequences.

11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I have no opinion on the Football Team. I hate the Cowboys, and I heavily dislike the Eagles.

12. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Surrender your fan card now. One of the conditions of being a Bengals fan is that you are required to hate the Steelers. You have violated that condition, and I sentence you to permanent exile from Bengals fandom.

13. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I've been a Bengal fan since before you were born sonny :p

PCCViking and heels1785 like this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    jags have named trent baalke as their new gm. oversaw the harbaugh years in san francisco, which included three nfc championship runs and the one super bowl loss.

has a few months in jax, as director of pro personnel.

15. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Why have a GM if Khan is gonna call the shots? Or is he relenting?

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    khan is "maintaining roster control." since baalke is an internal hire, perhaps something has been worked out.

i think it's a good thing that urban meyer isn't being given gm duties. happens too often when a losing franchise hires a big name, and wants him to do everything. rarely works, certainly wouldn't be likely to here.

Juliet316 and vin like this.
  17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

This sounds like something Virginia or the family would ask for. Samurai Mike was an incredible player. As a coach especially as a DC?

[​IMG]

18. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    To my Cincinnati homies...

About time the my left the 00’s behind with those horrific uniforms.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    solojones likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    ted thompson passed away, legendary packers gm. first 1R pick was aaron rodgers, last was kenny clark, and didn't whiff on many in between. rest easy.

Rew, Healer_Leona and Havac like this.
  20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    He got a ton of backlash at the time for the Rodgers pick because, well Bret Farve. History has vindicated him on that. May he Rest in Peace.

On another note, TIL that the President and one of the owners of the Bills was a woman. Where have I been?

Rew and Healer_Leona like this.
  21. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Absolute legend in Green Bay. A huge part of being able to sustain so much success and win the Super Bowl. Terrible that he wasn’t able to enjoy a long, healthy retirement.

Rew, Healer_Leona , Luke02 and 2 others like this.
  22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I mean one of the owners of the Chiefs is Lamar Hunt's widow too, and she's been to every Super Bowl.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    steelers have signed haskins. i hope he makes full use of his second chance, still rooting for him (but not the ****ing steelers)

eagles new head coach is 39 y/o offensive coordinator from the colts. first member of the frank reich coaching tree, going back to the org that boosted reich to his current gig. lots of franchises hiring younger coaches, guess the current philosophy is that connecting with players > experience.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Watched clips of the Salah press conference. What a refreshing change of pace from the Adam Gase introduction. (sorry guys, no memeable faces from Salah)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    heels1785 likes this.