main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    its possible. just have to remember that the only sure thing in the deal is russell wilson, even if only for a few more years. 3/4 of the league is desperately trying to find a franchise quarterback, some have been without one for a decade-plus. voluntarily giving one up is a huge risk, even if the potential upside of what you're getting back looks good on the surface.

dak is a starter, but not a top-tier qb - and he has an injury history playing behind some of the best o-lines in nfl history. that #10 pick could go down with an injury in camp, and never be the same. at which point the seahawks are back to irrelevant - without a qb, without an o-line to run behind, and with an aging bobby wagner trying to hold together that defense.

QUIGONMIKE and christophero30 like this.
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Which is why they should fire Caroll instead.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    if carroll is the reason russ wants out, then it should be considered. if it is a lack of support from john schneider and the front office in prioritizing the acquisition of players who can protect him, then I don't know that firing carroll does anything other than further destabilize the franchise.

Rew, solojones and christophero30 like this.
  4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Caroll and the owner are pretty tight. But I'd take Wilson too. Edit: Caroll has been to the Super Bowl with 2 qbs. So the owner may see it this way. Hope Wilson stays. Pete is an old school est. the run guy,but its hard to run with no line. Seattle would then have to come from behind every game and throw a lot.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    heels1785 likes this.
  5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I wouldn't take Dak and the #10 pick if I were the Seahawks. I don't want a downgrade at the QB position.

Carroll has the final say on personnel, like Belichick. Russ' issue with the lack of protection falls on Carroll.

6. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    No way Seattle lets Russ go. Hes a true Tier-1 QB. Good luck finding one. Its really hard but look how fast it changes a teams fortunes: Bills and Chiefs are recent beneficiaries. I agree too on Dak. Hes solid but NOT in that premier tier. The injury only made that moreso.

heels1785 likes this.
  7. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I never thought it possible until recently

8. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    You really think they'll part with him? Wow. I mean... I think the media has overblown this thing a bit. Maybe not...but... Russ leaving Seattle right now? I cant see it.

christophero30 likes this.
  9. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Hopefully. I've never seen Wilson like this. When your agent lists teams you would be traded to...Maybe the Seattle Times is exaggerating. But they make it sound bad.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

11. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Yes, Dallas would have to sign Dak to a contract before they could trade him. It would certainly be the franchise tender or some other one year contract to avoid eating future guarantees. Seattle would likely require Dak’s agreement to the trade beforehand, which would require a promise to an immediate contract extension.

christophero30 likes this.
  12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    If Tampa Bay were to trade JPP, who is on the last year of his deal, they could save $12.5 million in cap space and get a decent return.

Just something they could do to help them keep their free agents. Barrett is the younger player.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's kind of funny that JPP was part of one of the two Giants teams that cost Brady a Super Bowl and this year he and Brady were on the same Super Bowl winning team.

Luke02 likes this.
  14. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
  15. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    If @Juliet316 he wins two more, JPP would tie Charles Haley with five Super Bowl rings which until Tom Brady showed up was the most by any player in NFL history.

And that is very unsurprising @nilzo antonio since Smith stated that he felt like they (new brass) never really wanted him. They signed Taylor Heinicke to a multi-year deal and will be looking in the draft for one as well.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The question is what does Washington do long term with their QB? They draft #19 if I am not mistaken and all the mock draft boards have the top five QB's this draft (which are the ones really worth drafting in the first two rounds) off the board well before then. I saw one that had them all taken before the 12th pick of the draft. So unless Washington is going to move up, they are most likely have to go into FA or make a trade. And while there are ton of rumors, the expectations are not a movement will happen via trade.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I've just resigned myself that as long as Snydum is owner, we'll get brief glimpses of the playoffs, but nothing's ever really going to change.

19. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I saw the story a while back where Smith came out and said that WFT wasn’t happy that he was on the team at the start last year, thought the writing was on the wall then.

Not a great move letting him walk IMO. Heinicke played gutsy in the playoffs but he’s a long term backup. Not a #1 guy.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Juliet316 likes this.
  20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I would not have wanted him, either. I would have cut him. I would not have cared if he was my best quarterback. I wouldn't let him on the field. I wouldn't give him a chance. I'm not risking a Lubchenko situation. I'm not going to be the coach or the owner that let the guy go out there and lose his leg. Take your reckless attempt at a feel good comeback story somewhere else.

Smith is old and not the answer there. He also wasn't even good last year, he was mediocre. I'd look for someone else.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

nice. 2 yr/31 million.

chandler jones and jj watt is quite the pass rush.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Makes sense. Kyler Murray's maturing at the right time and speed, they can probably get a few offensive weapons in the draft in addition to having Larry Fitzgerald. Getting a veteran FA on their defense in addition to what they got from the Texans last year is a good move for Arizona.

23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Let the Murray for Watson trade rumors start flowing:

24. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

I must admit the first thing that went thru my head was this:

RIP Irv!

vin and Juliet316 like this.
  25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Nah they needed to let him walk. I found his comeback amazing..but he should retire. He proved he could do it.