main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    I did, I said discussing covid was a horrible idea. I didn’t say peep about it other than using it gas one example to discuss employee and employer relationships. No medical advice or information brought up at all.

Anyways, back to football. So what’s the over under on the Bucs winning another super bowl? I say no way. Not all gonna fall into place this year again. I mean…it can’t…right?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes, back to football. I am about to update the Covid thread with parameters around discussing Covid.

I think the Bucs have a decent chance of at least going to the Super Bowl unless Brady and/or Gronk get injured.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    They do. Unfortunately :p

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Training camps have begun with the Steelers and Cowboys starting theirs (since they are doing the HOF pre-season game that was scuttled last year due to COVID. My idea still stands about Bill Cowher and Jimmy Johnson coaching that game BTW).

5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I would only agree to that if Staubach and Bradshaw QB for the first quarter.

6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Those were 2 of the best teams ever. There were all pros everywhere.

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    ESPN is reporting the NFL will fine unvaccinated players $14,650 every time they violate COVID procedures. Bruce Arians is their source, and a league spokesperson confirmed.

Rew, jcgoble3, solojones and 5 others like this.
  8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    COME ON, ONE LAST DANCE

Luke02 and Juliet316 like this.
  9. Darth_Nabb

Darth_Nabb Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rodgers retired, as is being reported. He's openly stated that even winning the Super Bowl in 2011 was ultimately underwhelming and with the other looming prize out there -- GOAT status -- officially, officially out of reach for good, what else is there to play for? He also just got engaged (wink, wink).

10. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  11. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Rogers really just needs to stop with the passive aggressive/cryptic comments and make a decision. He's not helping his legacy at all.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Bears, Vikings, and Lions fans are loving every minute of this.

CT-867-5309 and Luke02 like this.
  13. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I’m going to love it right until he shows up opening day (after skipping everything else) angrier then he ever has been before and somehow the Packers go like 16-1, Jordon Love and Brian Gutekunst spontaneously combust from the sheer force of Rodgers hatred and are left as nothing but those little cartoon piles of ash with the blinking eyeballs and then the new GM signs him to a long term extension.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The freaking Bills this year, finally will win. The damn Chiefs in the Superbowl was a disgrace, need the Bills to finally win it all.

Chromide likes this.
  15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    *Rodgers. And his legacy is airtight.

It's the front office that needs to figure their **** out, b/c now they're also alienating Adams by...pretending D-Hopkins' deal doesn't exist. Literally the Athletic is reporting that they refused to acknowledge it in extension talks so that it doesn't set Davante's market as a WR. Wonderful bit of delusion there.

Somehow the Pack front office has become a clown car. And right as the Bears watch everyone pass on Justin Fields. Wild times.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’m still sore about the passing on Justin Fields.

17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @anakinfansince1983 I'm still shocked the Bears managed to get up and not give up the farm to get him. Pace has been the definiton of an average GM ever since he tore down what was left of the Emery Era which was literally a national laughingstock. But if he struck gold with Justin, then not only will he changed the course of the Bears franchise but also his own legacy.

It's funny though the Olympics are on, MLB is in it's dog days and the PGA Tour will be in it's final stretch leading up to the Tour Championship/Fed Ex Cup (which the smartest thing they ever did was quit trying to compete with football and have the season end Labor Day weekend) and my sports mind is just on football. You think since I'm an assistant coach I would want to take a break. Nope. I'm rewatching Hard Knocks and other stuff like that an anticipation for the upcoming season. As my wife says, despite our alligances to different teams (grrrrrrrrr!)we are a football home. Period.

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Watson is reporting to camp to avoid fines. He still wants out, and could end up being a distraction reminiscent of TO. He could still end up on the exempt list.

Saints sign Brian Poole to one year deal. He's actually good, not sure why the Lions didn't sign him instead of Corn Elder. Maybe he's too good for the tank.

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Watson is a POS who should wind up in prison, let alone on the exempt list.

LloydChristmas, Rew, mnjedi and 2 others like this.
  20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  21. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
  22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    So which bandwagon will you be putting Baby!Bandwagon on @dp4m?

heels1785 likes this.
  24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    RIP Warpaint

25. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Lamar Jackson tests positive for Covid day 1 of camp. There’s no mention of it being breakthrough so I’m going to assume he’s not vaccinated.

The QB is the unofficial leader of the team and if you can’t convince him to get vaccinated you’re going to have problems all season. Wonder how many games they will forfeit this season.