main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    what is this horrible record? i am unfamiliar. the jets, chargers, and WFT medical staffs have had some rough years recently, but never heard the same about the colts.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think they did pick up on it before the trade, it just got worse. It goes back to an old high school injury, a broken bone in his foot that just came loose.

You're wrong, though, the science is there, genetics can affect an athlete's likelihood of injury, and one injury increases the chance of future injury due to compensation creating bad habits, which creates a sort of avalanche of future injuries.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK...

[​IMG]

4. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    To go along with Solojones, wasn’t Andrew Luck misdiagnosed?

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    but the m-e-t-s have a great medical staff. they recruited a few of our orthopedic fellows away when I worked at the hospital here. apparently the top job in baseball for sports medicine is working for one of the two new york clubs.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    There definitely can be follow-on injuries, but I’m talking more about how some player will get a hamstring pull in his first season and then his second season someone will hit him and break his thumb and analysts will immediately start talking about his being “injury-prone” or having a problem with availability, like those aren’t two unrelated freak occurrences. “He only played eighteen games in the last two seasons!” is too often treated as dispositive, like he should just be expected to break down this season too, when there are a lot more questions to be asked. There are plenty of players who were injured in their first two or three seasons — and then healthy the rest of their careers.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning both had at least their injuries covered up, if not outright misdiagnosed.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Someone trying to make an impression the wrong way.
    [​IMG]

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
  11. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Hard knocks apparently missed out on some GOLD at today's Giants practice. Too busy advertising for Jerry Jones, too bad.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Indy's Quenton Nelson has basically the same injury as Wentz and will miss basically the same time (5-12 weeks). He's one of the best guards in the NFL, so the backup QB's job just got harder. Doesn't look like it's going to be a good year for them, but you never know.

solojones likes this.
  14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I was just featured in a Defector (aka rogue Deadspin) article about the Cincinnati Bengals, about hating the Cincinnati Bengals.

This will likely be more exciting than anything the Cincinnati Bengals do under Zac Taylor.

EDIT: Wait except for beating a playoff-fighting Steelers team with Ryan Finley. That was a goddamn masterpiece.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Phillip Rivers is still available according to him.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    fwiw your quote was my favorite

the why your team sucks series is peak magary

18. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Wtf is wrong with Kirk Cousins?

*shakes head*

Not sure I can root for someone like that.
    And the team in general at this point. Not to mention them sucking on the field as well.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  19. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Just a surreal bizarro world presser from our idiot QB. It’s the fault of the QB room for being too small guys, they’ll just get a bigger room and a plexiglass box for me and things will be fine. I believe in the science of our Covid protocol just not in science in general.

Feel bad for Zimmer, he’s been pushing so hard to get the team vaccinated and the starting QB continuing to pull this crap can’t be helping at all.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Dagobahsystem and Juliet316 like this.
  20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Christianity is probably what's wrong with him. He's a hardcore Christian, his dad is a pastor who runs a giant church which doesn't require masks. Both Kirk and his dad have cited Bible verses about not having any fear. Kirk literally said "If I die, I die".

I feel sorry for people who grow up getting brainwashed by delusional Christian parents who think Satan is behind things like the changing of textbooks, the removal of statues, and cancel culture.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Yeah, it's funny how Kirk refered to himself as the leader of the team.

Well I vote for no confidence in his leadership.

There are plenty of other NFL teams I like and can enjoy rooting for this season instead.

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Anybody watch the HOF game?

23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I had no idea it was even on.

24. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I did not. Was it good?

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I had it on in the background while doing other things.

It was a very sloppy game. Multiple missed field goals and turnovers galore.

Dagobahsystem and Juliet316 like this.