main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Someone had to go to make room for the wideouts Rodgers is having them sign.

The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    They're also giving up the 74th pick to get that 42nd pick. So it's just a swap.

3. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    As far as our Lions go CT, I think the lions did rather well in the free agent market which really surprised me. I was hoping that they would sign at least 1 veteran CB and by all accounts we got 3 (Depending what CGJ plays, he's quite versatile) The signing that really excites me though is David Montgomery. I've always thought he was a great back. He ran behind a pretty rough Bears O-Line. As long as the O-line stays healthy, he could have a monster year.

mnjedi and CT-867-5309 like this.
  4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    :( **** cancer

mnjedi likes this.
  5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

This is the kind of cancer Eric Berry had and was back from in less than a year. Best wishes for Foster!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    The Giants are adding all sorts of depth.

7. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    I just don’t know…

My eyes tell me that Will Levis has the look of an NFL ready QB and leader, especially coached correctly and with the right team.

My heart tells me that Young, despite his size, is just one of those guys. That doesn’t mean he’s our guy, but he just seems like one of those special players.

Stroud is the sure pick. Sure as in: no one will blame us if we take him, but… idk there’s just something missing. He looks like one of those QBs in college that can do everything right, but nothing great. I don’t think you trade up to number 1 to get a suitable guy.

8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Remember that Ohio State quarterbacks do not have a strong history at the NFL level.

In other news:

I'd take him if we can get him for cheap. That might be possible as at this stage of his career, he may be looking for a ring rather than a big payday. He would be a good replacement for Perine, and a far better pass blocker than Mixon. I don't think I'd want to rely on him as a featured every-down back, though, given his age and injury history.

And the Lamar Jackson situation gets crazier:

I'm hoping nobody signs an offer sheet and then Lamar just decides to pull a Le'Veon Bell and sit out the whole season.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    To me this has always been one of those things that people say that really has no meaning. What school produces tons of NFL ready QBs? Out of the "Quarterback U" schools there have been a ton of garbage NFL QBs that were awesome at the college level. Notre Dame gave us Joe Montana & Joe Thiesmann but they also churned out Brady Quinn, Jimmy Clausen, Tony Rice, Ron Powlus & Rick Mirer. Michigan was nothing special with Jim Harbaugh, Elvis Grbac, Brian Griese, & Chad Henne but Tom Brady did go there and impressed NFL scouts to be taken in the 6th round. With this logic Patrick Mahomes should have been avoided since Texas Tech only gave the NFL Billy Joe Tolliver.

Great players can come from anywhere. The "experts" get it wrong all the time. I think its time to let this type thinking fade away about any school.

10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Django211 Yeah I think that matter more when Big 10 teams and ND were primarily running teams that ran offenses like even the wishbone. I think over the past 20+ years that has changed since almost everyone runs some sort of the spread and throws the ball a lot so like you said talent can come from anywhere. Rick Mirer threw for less then 2000 yards his season year because they were a running team that ran the wishbone. Compare that to C.J. Stroud who put up big numbers throwing trehe past few years.

BTW anyone else notice Peter Schrager has not been on GMF for awhile now? They have not said anything but he is posting/active on social media therefore wonder if he is having a contract dispute. If he leaves, Kyle Brandt will be the only remaining original host.

11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Joe Burrow is an Ohio State QB thanks goodbye

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Ohio States are 0-1 in the Super Bowl since Tom Brady entered the league.

Step up your game Joe.

13. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Panthers got DJ Chark.

Doesn’t replace DJ Moore, but trading one DJ for another while signing Thielen and maybe even picking one up in the draft…. I’m with it. Especially since I’m still a believer in TMJ.

Now… about Hopkins just sitting there ripe for the taking.

Rew likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

Please come to the Titans!

nilzo antonio likes this.
  15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Problem is, you'd have to give up multiple firsts and then pay him over $200 million guaranteed when he's had injuries the past 2 seasons.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    solojones likes this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That’s why I would prefer if they do it they do it after the draft. Keep this years first and get either a receiver or a lineman. The injuries and financials I’m not too concerned about. I mean it might all blow up in our faces but I’d rather them take a chance then sit still while the Jags, Texans and Colts all get their franchise QBs.

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

He really is not worth it.

18. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The NY Jets draft hat says
    N O
    JETS

[​IMG]
    Jets keep Jetsing.

FYI: it looks like the panthers and cardinals are both getting new uniforms next season.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  19. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    SJ wants him to play on 3 year, $9 million contract with 1.5 in guarantees and even that’s pushing it.

Darth Chiznuk and vin like this.
  20. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    And the Ravens are allowed to match.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I literally said pay him $130m guaranteed with more like a $300 total contract. He was offered something like that but rejected it last year. Now he's too stupid to have an agent and he's paying for it.

Just makes me appreciate Mahomes off the field even more.

22. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    In fairness, the Chiefs didn’t **** around with Mahomes’ money. They recognized what they had and acted accordingly.

No matter how you personally feel about Lamar, the fact is that he’s a franchise QB in a league where you can’t compete (49ers aside) without having one.

The general sentiment around the league when it comes to QB is and has been for a while: you’d rather overpay for a franchise QB than not have one at all.

So if he’s paying for it, which he is, then the Ravens are paying for it too. They could’ve extended him, after he won MVP and BEFORE Watson got his fully guaranteed contract, and they didn’t. Now, they are likely going to lose their QB who they have built their offense around with no one to replace him with, also, after firing their OC.

The simple question is: will the Ravens be better without Lamar Jackson? If the answer is no, then the Ravens are fumbling hard.

Point Given likes this.
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    If Lamar had an agent and some actual guidance outside some random home gym peddling conman, they would have told him to take last year's deal.

I'm not at all saying the Ravens are better off without him. They're not.

I'm saying they offered him a fair deal and he rejected, tweeted and loled about it. This shows such immaturity. Through this whole process he's come off as a bad judge of character and situations.

There's no one to tell him "Lamar, you should be aiming for Josh Allen numbers, NOT Watson numbers. Watson was a dumb outlier by a dumb team".

And yes, Mahomes was treated well by the Chiefs for sure. BUT he was also incredibly easy for them to negotiate with, because he ACTUALLY doesn't want to take all the cap money from his teammates. I'm not convinced Lamar cares about the team now. Or actually winning. Mahomes clearly did, hence the 12 year team friendly deal.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The NFL approved the use of number 0 again. Without hesitation we have our first announcement.

25. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015