main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD The *Official* People Need To Chill Out Thread (including me)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
  2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Amen. =D=

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Request denied.

4. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Group hugging should be a BANHAMMERable offense. [face_skull]

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    And here I had my hopes up that everyone's goal was to have a constructive conversation. Darn the luck.

6. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Well this has recieved almost universal approval. All I can say is be careful what you wish for...........

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Eh, I'm not too worried about it actually having an impact on peoples' behavior. It seems for some people complaining and insulting is more gratifying than communication styles that require more thought.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Forget it then

9. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    You cannot blame the third season for dividing LACWAC. There have been divisive episodes from the beginning. No one that posts here is a perfect person and instead of recognizing that, you're blaming a TV show for making a blog divisive.

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Sorry to say this, but you weren't here and might have not known what was occurring in the beginning. After the season premiere, which many agreed that it was good, and most sided with ARC Troopers being better, while some (like me) believed Clone Cadets was better, season three really began to go downhill from there after, as well as LACWAC, beginning with the senate episodes. Sure, many enjoyed various episodes like Heroes on Both Sides, but some did not. It's the individual posting and complaints across the board that showed this. Basically you cannot look at an episode and say "oh, yeah, I liked it and I'm sure others did. Yeah, no complaints there," if you can see what I mean. I recommend reading the episode threads or the S3 reviews if you haven't as a start.

11. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you, GG. The quality of the show has very little to do with the quality of our forum's inter-relationships. Clone Wars has NEVER EVER been universally praised and yet I remember a considerably lighter atmosphere around here before. During season one I was one the first to kick and scream about my frustrations regarding certain episodes like Gungan General. I made my fair share of all caps "THIS WAS HORRIBLE" posts. But the difference is that before, I don't remember being put down for doing that. Folks would disagree with me, they would say things like "Wow, I'm sorry you hated this so much, hope you enjoy the next one better" and we moved on. The same thing can be said in regards to gushing. When Bombad Jedi came out and people started praising the hell out of it, I was flabbergasted, I really couldn't understand how folks could like that farse of an episode, but those people's opinions were respected. The merits of the episode were criticized, sure, but again folk were not put down for showing their support of something like Jar Jar as an action hero.

THAT is what we need to recapture in this community. SIMPLE. OLD. RESPECT. It shouldn't really matter if the show descended into the worst kind of awful, we should still be able to have a jolly good time making fun of it. And if the show's great, all the better.

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That's how I feel as well, Gry, yet I do feel the show has to do something with this as well. Before I removed my post, what I was trying to say is that while the show gets more bad, some people see it as crap. Plain and simple. They bash the show, then others bash them for being negative, and those that hate negativity tend to gush and support the show.

Basically recently with S4, I think the quality of the show does have to do something with our basher/gusher debate. When I do see the episode reviews in the threads, everyone is throwing what is wrong with the episode, what is right, while there are "you suck for liking this character or YOU LIKE THIS CHARACTER?!?!?!" type responses. I can't see any other reasoning for us to be bashing each other or the show, as well as others bashing the bashers and then gush and show support.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think we've got some mole hills being made into mountains here.

14. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I think it's just a matter of ignoring personal attacks and insults. That goes for both bashers and gushers and all those people who are sometimes on one side, sometimes on the other, like yours truly for instance.

If someone doesn't respect your opinion, the best you can do is ignore it. A lot of needless bickering just happens because people react to those types of comments, and a back-and-forth ensues.

If we aren't capable of this, I once again say we institute BANHAMMER month and crack down hard on personal attacks for a while. That'll teach us! [face_skull]

We need to throw in a little more humour every now and then.

15. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    But...but...discussing cartoons on the internet is

[image=http://gameinformer.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/31/2086.serious-business.jpg]

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think I understand what GG is saying; if I'm misinterpreting, then too bad.

He's saying that the frustrations with the quality of S3 led to increased personal attacks between users, and the start and end of S3, when the quality was much higher, there tended to be less conflict.

So yes, there definitely were negative or critical posts in S1 and S2, but overall, people were less sensitive or frustrated then, so it didn't lead to as much conflict.

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, that's what I was saying as well, Garth.

18. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I understand what you're saying, but my point is: We have no control over the quality of the show, all we can do is control how we react to each other when we get frustrated by it.

19. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Well said, Gry.

lol @ GM's Anakin facepalm icon

20. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    The problem is some people keep resorting to one-liners that are either one or two words long like "Opinion noted" or consist only of an emoticon. I liked it better when people were arguing against each others opinions. It's OK if you question someone else's opinion or even try to change someone else's opinion. It's productive and doesn't waste page space.

21. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I don't think people should have to discuss and debate if they don't want to. Sometimes you just want put in your reaction and be quick about it, and you don't feel like explaining why.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ^I think both ways to express opinion should be allowed- people are different- some like to explain their opinions more some don't... We don't need to like all comments, but opinions hurt no one....

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I tend to believe one should post atleast a complete sentence. A couple words or an emoticon to me looks like post whoring although I know that isn't the intent (Unless your quoting someone and posting 'This' which in my book is always flat out post whoring) which is another form of trolling and flame bating. I've seen a couple of arguments errupt on here that can attest to this.

24. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    In that respect I have something to tell y'all.

I'll just say this here, so I won't have to repeat this anywhere else:

YOUR OPINION IS WRONG

Thank you, drive through. [face_skull]

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its all good. You can troll me to your heart's content.