main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic ~~~ THE OFFICIAL PET PEEVE'S THREAD~~~

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    So many pet peeves so little time...

1. People who I go to school with STILL have the high school mentality. Example: acting all snobbish to other people and making fun of them.

They're not making fun of me or anything, I just notice them doing it to others...especially the women. I'd like to smack some of them...women are the most vicious.

2. People who talk and giggle in class while I'm trying to hear the lecture. Do they have no respect for their prof?!!!

3. People using the study rooms to socialize. That's what the cafeterias are for. The study rooms are for the ones who are working!!! Grrr!!! It infuriates me!

I'm starting to hate people. :p

2. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Grand-Admiral_Stan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2002

call centers.

3. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    ^yes that too

4. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    when i was a cable guy, i had MANY MANY MANY customers tell me what was wrong, and how to fix it... VERY set in their ways... its like, if you know waht is wrong... why didnt YOU fix it (100% of the time they were wrong)... i had this one customer... his edison drop (electrical line from pole to house) had fallen, and made connection with his cable drop (cable line going from pole to house) and FRY the cable feedline going from outside the house, into the basement... he wasnt getting a good picture at all... well, i replaced that, and it was still bad... so, after some trouble shooting, i deemed the problem... and the guy didnt want anything to do with my answer... he flat in not so many words, acused me of not knowing what the heck i was talking about (and i am a professional... he isnt), so, i showed him what i did... he had a cable surge protector, hooked up to a filter, hooked into a 2 way splitter THAT WAS BACKWARDS... that was hooked into an 8 way splitter, first off, that is 15.5 Db loss RIGHT from the beginning... (everytime you split a cable line, you lose a little signal strength... unlike electrical or speaker wire when you can split it many times, and not lose signal strength)... to make a long drawn out story a lot shorter, it ended up being the 8 way splitter that was bad... he really was taken back at that because that electrical surge would have had to go through the surge protector, the filter, and a sdplitter, before getting to the affected splitter... and none of the other things were bad... he didnt even say im sorry, or, i guess you know waht you are talking about... what a dick

5. DarthKahnt

DarthKahnt Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2004
    People are the same way when it comes to their internet connections. I worked for Comcast High Speed Internet a while back and people would call for help but would not believe any of the things you said or do any of the things you asked them to do. ***? Why are you even calling for help?

Makes no sense.....

6. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    And don't you love it when customers tell you, you don't know how to do your job? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.