main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official RRK's AUP and sequels Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Knight_Obi, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    I'm posting the "teaser" here so it would be easier to discuss. As of right now, I have lots to say about it, but I don't have time to at the moment until tomorrow. Finals, school...you know.

In the meantime, any takers on how the sequels will be sorted out???

To Walk A Deadly Path

A cool rain fell in a poorly lit shanty town.

Bright flashes of blaster fire suddenly tear through the old buildings.

An old man lay dying. Water and blood mixed in his gray fur. His voice heard just above the falling rain. With his dying breath he whispered, "Assassins. Everywhere. Must stop them. Kill Palpatine."

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine was sitting on a couch in his office facing Senator Amidala. She is elegantly dressed. Her voice is strong and formal, "The secessionists?"

"Let us not speak of politics," Palpatine begged. "I want to hear of home."

A small, heavy cannon cruiser appeared outside the grand office?s windows. Cannons opened fire.

Palpatine grabbed Amidala and raced her to cover as the room exploded.

Bali is asleep, face down in his folded up cloak. There is a small cut along the padawan?s right temple. Obi-Wan knelt next to the sleeping boy and gently checked the wound. Irritably Bali reached out and pushed Obi-Wan?s hand back. "Go away, Master," the boy tiredly grumbled. "Sleeping."

Palpatine?s shattered office is full of heavily armed guards and portable shield generators. Palpatine, several assistants, Amidala and her entourage, several senators and members of the Jedi Council as well as Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan and Bali are present.

Mace Windu addressed the crowd. "These assassinations are tearing the Republic apart."

Palpatine quickly added, "And turning sentiments against you Jedi." He then studied the crowd around him. "These are dangerous times we live in."

On the rooftop of a building Obi-Wan is engaged in a fierce battle. The blue of his saber clashed violently against the flaming red of Darth Vengier?s weapon. Obi-Wan is driven by the black masked figure precariously close to the edge.

Bali slowly withdrew, holding his green lightsaber up defensively as a menacing figure in black approached.

A circular room lit by the flames of a brilliant funeral pyre. Licks of red and orange danced across Anakin?s face. Tears welled in his eyes. Amidala, the only other person, wrapped herself around his arm.

Obi-Wan, Bali, Bant and her padawan sit at a table in the cafeteria sharing lunch. Bali looked curiously up at Obi-Wan. "What did that woman mean when she said you would be good in--"

"She meant nothing," Obi-Wan said firmly, quickly cutting off the question.

Bant?s eyes lit up as she planted her elbows on the table. A big grin. "Oh please, do tell." She started laughing. "In what? I?m so curious."

Obi-Wan growled. "Bant."

Bant just smiled. "I happen to enjoy it when you turn that particular shade of red." Then she turns her attention to Bali who is still sitting there with a questioning look on his face. "Was she cute?

The boy shrugged. "I don?t know but she sure liked Master."

Darth Sidious, accompanied by Darth Vengier walk along a balcony overlooking the brightly lit Coruscant below.

Sidious turned to the masked apprentice. "I want Obi-Wan Kenobi dead."

The Sith?s mechanical voice hissed. "I will not fail you, my lord."

Fires buredn in Anakin's eyes as Qui-Gon stormed off. Moving faster than could be registered, a tightened fist flew toward the unsuspecting Obi-Wan. The Jedi twisted, sidestepping the devastating blow and with blinding speed grasped Anakin's wrist. Lightning quick reflexes twisted the young man around making him cry out in surprise. The flash of pale blue eyes as Obi-Wan barked, "You may be powerful but you have no control over yourself. You will be the death of us all!"

Obi-Wan is in a standoff with Darth Vengier. The dark lord sl

2. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I'm wondering who Obi Wan's lady friend is.

3. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Or perhaps unwanted Lady Admirer... :)

(( gasps and eyes bug out))

What if Bali dies!!??

4. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    (bows and enters) Hi everyone!
    great idea Knight_Obi for putting it here, saves time jumping back and forth...
    hmm - seems the supreme Chancellor is not as helpless as he makes himself out to be. (grin) Notice how he dives for cover along with Ami, when the 'explosion/attack' happens...
    Who else loves it when Bali tells his master to 'go away' b/c he's sleeping. There's proof right there that Obi's got a strong bond with the kid - and perhaps has been with him for a while now, b/c of the familiarity shown? I wonder where he got the cut from - or is that just put there for us to antagonise over ;)
    I have a feeling Darth Vengier's a clone of someone we all know, or maybe b/c of his 'mechanical breathing' is the same person just...damaged? He must be good with a lightsabre as his skill about matches Obi's - and we know from previous chapters that Obi's VERY good - and maybe he even knows his style of fighting? (shrugs) That's speculation on my part.
    He has a red sabre, and has met Obi before.
    Bali's going to use a lightsabre to fight someone who appears to be a Sith (the clothes - either that, or it is a fashion statement to wear black robes!) so I think this 'Book' is set sometime after the last - unless Obi and Bali bond very quickly and Bali's a wonder kid with the 'sabre.
    Anakin cries! I don't remember him doing THAT before; so the funeral must be for someone he knows v.well...
    The teaser about a mysterious female was just evil! It's good to see, that u r still using ur wonderful mix of angst/mush/humour/action, it wouldn't be the same without it [face_love]
    Fear leads to Anger...Anger leads to Hate...Hate leads to Suffering seems to describe Anakin quite aptly.
    The mood is becoming darker...

possible
    s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    ;
    btw - about the mentioned female, is it connected in any way to the rumour about Obi having a g/f in ep2?
    over to the experts, to disect...:D

5. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    I think the funeral is for Anakin mom...........And as for the Sith who says Remember me? , my money's on Anakin or maybe Xanatos.....Hey, they never did find the body....and it could work, what with the machine breathing thing going on........

As for the rehab center Knight_Obi I'm still looking....but let me know if you find one!!

It's official... :( Uncertain Path is now over :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

6. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Regarding the girl, TwilightKat, as someone who frequents the spoiler areas, I feel I can say this has nothing to do with any rumored Ep II girlfriend because there haven't been any rumored girlfriends(except once when our sources decided to play a trick on us suckers and told us someone who it has since turned out is a male Jedi was--that was quite a big fiasco). If he has one or even the hint of one it will truly be something they've managed to keep secret.

I kind of like the idea of Xanatos being the Sith. He's has a "mechanical voice"--she could just mean it's emotionless, but maybe he needs some sort of assisted speaking device due to his injuries? Or I guess it could have something to do with one of those missions gone awry, maybe that individual who shot him in the back? But Xanatos seems like a good choice as Maul actually was cut in half, so unless it is his clone, I don't see it being him.

OR, wait a minute, what about that kid who was sent to the AgriCorp? Daen. If this is 6 or 8 years down the road, it could definitely be him. If Palps got a hold of him--he could definitly twist things around. But a kid changes alot in those years from nearly 13 to 18 or 20, so I don't think he would necessarily expect Obi-Wan to recongnize him upon taking off his mask.

I'm going to make a guess that the funeral pyre is for Qui-Gon seeing as Anakin is crying.

I'm worried about Bali facing off against that scary individual dressed in black.

7. Knight_Obi

Jul 24, 2001
    YAY, we get more people here Naw_Ibo!!

Ahem... NOw about the sequels...

1) the lady RRk refers to does peak my curiosity. She seems to be quite an interesting prospect to the fic, and seemingly to add some levity to what seems like a very dark sequel (ooo me likes). Bant seems to have quite a lot of fun teasing Obi about her so I'm guessing we can expect some good humor out of that. Whether or not Obi likes her to...hmm guess we'll have to wait and see.

2) This Darth Vengier dude...He is quite the mystery character now huH? According to what Naw_Ibo has brought up, this person could be Daen , the kid that got sent to Agricorps. Then again...Obi really didn't know the kid, on Bali did.

Xanatos? Don't know ...RRk has yet to mention anything about Xanatos albeit this is an AU. NOw, obviously this Vengier person is an obvious pawn of Sidious. Question is...what is Vengier's personal vendetta against Obi? I get the impression he "loves" his mission to kill Obi more than just following orders. And if this person is indeed the "Person" who shot Obi in the back many years ago...there is still the mystery of why that had occur?

3)it's quite obvioius that Amidala and ANi will be some role in the whole Palpy scheme. I just wonder how much the sequels will parallel the GL universe as speculated by rumors.

Ani taking a swing at Obi...Now that calls for some serious discussion. We all know that Ani got quite the temper (the bird incident and scaring Bali), but it's one thing to act out like that then and another to do so now. We're talking years after here and something must have changed for when we left AUP, Ani did not seem to be in too bad of a shape.

Well, I"ll leave it off here for now and will pick up more as things get rolling.

knight_obi

8. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    Yes, but Obi-Wan caught Daen beating up Bali. He made Daen go tell his supervisor and this, directly or indirectly, led to his being sent to the Agricorp, where he was probably going anyway, that's why he was beating up Bali to begin with, he felt he'd made him "look bad". It's possible he'd come to blame this on Obi-Wan despite the fact that Obi-Wan did nothing wrong.

Considering Qui-Gon storms off just prior to Anakin's taking a swing at Obi-Wan, it seems like perhaps there is some sort of argument going on.

9. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    We have a title;

To Walk a Deadly Path

thoughts anyone? (though if THAT isn't ominous; I don't know what is...)

10. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I think that title suggests some Obi-torture and/or angst for dear Obi... [face_devil] Mwahahahahaha! I didn't get to reply during the story, cause I just read AUP, but goodness, Bali is cute, Anakin is a snot, and Qui is a @#$%&*!!!!! Of course, Obi is Obi.... Cute in pain and stubborn...

11. Knight_Obi

Jul 24, 2001
    I think the title has lots to do with Ani's turning...of course that will mean great things for all of us obi-torture fanatics.

The question is...how sucessful is Sidious' plan to get rid of Obi? Obviously it can't be too sucessful or else ...well, us fans would get mad. But, I'm sure some major H/C will be coming our way as soon as RRK finishes writing.

knight_obi

12. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Just thought I would let everyone know that I posted a question thread. I am looking for ideas for the Book Two title.

I'm stuck and I hate the title: To Walk a Deadly Path.

Please post any ideas here Title.

Thanks.

13. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I am sooooo angry right now I can't stand it!!!! I just wrote a very long detailed (Not to mention spell checked) post for this thread and I lost it..... stupid stupid computer :mad: :mad:

Well to make a long story short what I want to see from this story is a long apprenticeship for Bali, so long this story, in terms of length, it makes "War and Peace" look like "The Cat in The Hat". I want to see Obi and Bali have a relationship that is Father/Son, Teacher/Student and best friend all rolled in to one. I want to see Obi and Qui-Gon have a new found friendship. I want to see Obi/Bali and Qui/Anikin go on several missions together. Finally I want to see Anakin turn to the darkside and have Bali be one of his first victims, just think of the anguish Obi would feel and don't we all just love an anguished Obi. Not to mention how he would feel about Anakin, and possibly how that would affect his relationship with Qui-Gon!!!!

Anyway that is not nearly as indepth as what I had written, but it says sorta what I want to see.

Now I have to sit back and be patient for the sequel to begin.... not sure I can do that.... I hope Red starts posting soon. How about a Christmas present for your fans Red?????

14. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Just to let everyone know I found a new title for "An Uncertain Path" sequel.

The Long Twilight Path

It ties in with this storyline and books 3 & 4 so I am happy with it.

Now back to slaving away on the same chapter I have been for the last four days.

15. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    A couple of questions for all of you that have read An Uncertain Path.

What do you really think of Bali?

What do you think of Yoda interfering and setting up meetings between Obi-Wan and Bali?

What is the biggest question you have after reading the story (besides when the sequel is posted)? :)

Thanks in advance. I am just curious to see what everyone thought. It will also help me see the strengths and weaknesses in The Long Twilight Path.

16. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Bali is cute but I think he can sense too many things in other people and that might be dangerous. Yoda pretty much lets the future happen, but with little nudges along the way.

17. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Question: When will Qui-gon see that Anakin is evil, and how long will it take, also WHO WILL DIE first in the sequel?

18. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Ah, yes... Who will die in the sequel? Anyone? You know that I'm just a shameless main-character-killer, sadistic woman.

Hm.. I admit that when Bali was first introduced, I was hoping that he'd harmlessly fade into the backdrop and just show up sometimes. But as the story progessed (along with your wonderful writing), I really started to warm up to his cute little character. So what do I really think of Bali? Quite mandatory for the sequel, I think, if not wanted. Of course, for me it's all about the darkness and over coming obstacles, and, of course, angsting along the way. Then again, you all know that considering I was probably the only one to think "Hey, maybe Obi could die because of his compulsary coldness from the healing."
    Yoda... ah, one of my top 4 favorite characters. Sometimes I think he needs to butt out and stop being a meddling little troll, but I think he knows what's best for everyone. He doesn't want anyone to succomb to darkness, emotional or physical, and tries to give them a helping hand (or helping drop kick) in the right direction, as someone said.
    My biggest question after reading BESIDES when does the sequel come out? Damn, you just stole my only one... But I think another one is: Are Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon ever going to be comfortable around eachother again? I know it all won't be wine and roses (and far be it from me to want that :) ), but I wonder if in the sequel if they'll HAVE to get used to eachother.
    There's my two cents, if anyone actually read this, thanks! Heehee.
    Hope the sequel appears soon!

19. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Always glad to help out, especially for such a good story. :)

What do you really think of Bali?
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I found it hard to warm up to Bali. He seemed like a child with some serious problems. Hiding in a vent and refusing to come out and biting the healers, especially in a child his age, is just not normal behavior. (imo only you understand)

What do you think of Yoda interfering and setting up meetings between Obi-Wan and Bali?
    Sometimes his plotting was funny and sometimes I felt he was pushing things too hard. I think it was naw ibo who said something like Obi shouldn't be taking on a padawan when he already had so many personal issues to deal with and I agree with her. I couldn't fathom what Yoda was trying to accomplish, but then I don't have the force on my side either. ;)

What is the biggest question you have after reading the story (besides when the sequel is posted)?
    Will Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan ever be close again? I mean I know Qui-Gon loves Obi, but does Obi-Wan feel anything for Qui and will he ever again?

20. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    Bali:

Well, I think you probably remember how I felt. I really didn't want Bali and Obi-Wan to hook up as Master and Padawan. But I really grew to like the kid. I think as personalities Obi-Wan and he may be a bit better matched, not without their own problems of course. I could see how they could help each other. Obi-Wan has his work cut out for him in some ways, but I think he has the patience to do it and to realize he has to be there and be encouraging. Obi-Wan strikes me as the sort who may not open easily but when he does, they are in deep. He's not the sort to do anything halfway.

In fact just about the only good thing about about the PT Obi-Wan/Anakin books is that in all three books I've come away convinced that Obi-Wan would willingly die for Anakin, just as the JA series never left any doubt Obi-Wan would do the same thing for Qui-Gon. This I think points to the fact that he takes his "obligations" very seriously and very much to heart.

Bali also seems to be(and you said he wasn't going to be a prodigy, I'm holding you to it ;) ) more like he'd be, even with Obi-Wan's help, perhaps only a generally average Jedi and of course Obi-Wan is very good at alot of Jedi things. This could cause Bali to feel like he may be a disappointment, even if he isn't. So if that was a direction you chose to follow that would be allow for some good angst possibilities.

Not to mention, right now Bali may seem "cowardly" but I could see this wanting to prove himself perhaps causing him to be somewhat reckless to try and live up to some expectations he puts upon himself to thinking he needs to be a certain way to please Obi-Wan.

Yoda:

I love the little troll but at the same time he can make me want to pull my hair out. On the other hand, he seems to be right and most of the time at the end of it I end up thinking "Way to go Yoda...AGAIN!" :) So I guess he annoys me at the time he's meddling but in the end I'm glad he did.

Except for Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon of course. I've always felt that Yoda is probably responsible for the fact that Obi-Wan had to wait so long before he was taken as a Padawan because he wanted him to go to Qui-Gon and I think Qui-Gon just wasn't the best master for Obi-Wan. Not that I know who would have been as we don't meet many other Jedi. But Qui-Gon's just was too wrapped up in himself and crying jags aside and moments of "enlightenment" aside, that is very much embedded in the man's character.

Questions:

I don't know. Too many. There are so many things I'd like to see covered which were just touched upon in AUP. Like some of those missions Obi-Wan was on. The one where he nearly broke his back the year before(speaking of which, has that been "cured" or is that still giving him problems as it was the beginning of AUP?). Or Qui-Gon near the end mentions he asked the Council to stop sending Obi-Wan on those missions after the first three. What happened in those first three missions?

Then there is how is Obi-Wan and Bali's relationship going to grow. What are going to be their rough patches and how are they going to get through them? Will Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon at some point start to build a new type of relationship?

Not that I'd trust Qui-Gon, he has a history of suddenly disappearing whenever Obi-Wan most needs him. He "loves" him now, but how long before he suddenly decides something else has come up or he feels slighted again or he feels the need to push his own view as being the only *right* view. Obi-Wan's almost certainly better off with as little contact with the man as possible(of course for us readers it could certainly lead to some interesting possibilities if he does have to deal with him ;) ).

21. Shadows-2005

Shadows-2005 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2002
    Hi, I'm usually a lurker, but after I read RRK's stuff I just had to register to put in my 2 cent's worth. ^.^ As for me, I'm hoping that we see more of Yoda with his "meddling" and whatnot. Bail's such an adorable kid, and I keep wondering who the Sith (I assume) is. I probably should go back and read the whole thread...*wanders off*

22. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Thank you for all the replies and I will go over them better tomorrow or the next day. I've been suffering a sinus infection all day and am not in my head right now.

Thanks for all the thoughts. Brought up some interesting points...

23. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Thank you everyone for replying.

jedi7--WHO WILL DIE

Don't waste any time, do you? ;) I can't tell you that. You will have to wait and suffer like everyone else.

TheFallen--Very interesting thoughts.

Abbi_Cee--Some very valid points on Bali.

naw ibo--you said [Bali] wasn't going to be a prodigy, I'm holding you to it

No worries. Bali is just a normal little Jedi kid with a completely devoted master, strange Mon Calamarian aunt and funny little green godfather...okay, maybe he isn't quite that normal.

Shadows-2005--I keep wondering who the Sith (I assume) is

Keep wondering...

Okay everyone, thanks for the posts. Before the end of the week expect a little Teaser B. It will fix the misses of the first one and refine what The Long, Twilight Path is about as it has changed some since the first teaser.

24. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    "little green godfather..."

LOL! :)

Looking forward to the end of the week then.

25. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Anakin glanced around as Palpatine and his master continued to speak. His thoughts wandered as they too often did. At the far edge of the room, surrounded by heavy security he thought he saw a maroon outfit. One that reminded him of the clothing the handmaidens?Padmé?had worn during the battle of Naboo nine years ago.

"Padawan," Qui-Gon said gently drawing the apprentice in the direction of he and the Chancellor.

"This is a new play for the rebelling worlds," Palpatine continued as he found a seat at a large conference table.

"They would not win much support in the Senate by killing you," Qui-Gon said.

Obi-Wan quietly crept to the sleeping boy and gently pulled the blanket back over the small form. Carefully he peeled the bandage away from Bali's cut forehead. He frowned slightly at the injury. Trembling fingers brushed the wound as he carefully guided healing energies to mend the damaged flesh.

Chill and pain rippled through the Jedi as he fought not to show the severe discomfort the simple action caused. When he finished he slowly withdrew trying desperately to dampen the pain.

"I will not declare war solely because an attempt has been made on my life or the Senator?s." Palpatine shook his head. "We must continue to negotiate." He looked over to the silent Muton. "Tell me, please that Aveniar have agreed to restart the negotiations?"

Muton shook his head slightly. "They have refused negotiation with the Jedi mediators."

"Because one of their kind killed the heir to the throne," Erigar growled.

"Our kind?" Anakin snapped, bristling as he turned a dark gaze on the blue man.

"Your kind," Erigar repeated. "You know, sorcerers. You bend minds make people obey your will."

Master? The young boy called out but found the other end of the bond closed off. Bright green eyes quivered as Bali tried to gain control of the fear mounting in him.

Ghost.

Qui-Gon noted the boy?s apparent distress and backed away a step. "The Senator is waiting," he said softly before completely retreating.

Master? Bali called out again. As soon as Qui-Gon had turned away, the boy reached up and snagged Obi-Wan?s sleeve. When the Jedi looked at him, Bali was surprised by the look in the pale blue eyes.

Immediately Obi-Wan snapped out of his daze. Padawan, I?m sorry.

Relief came the moment Bali felt the bond open up again. Don?t do that again, the boy warned.

Holonet Broadcasting Company

"?this just in. We are getting holo confirmation that the Republic has been amassing a massive military force. We go to Houf Learatil with a live report?"

"Thank you, L-C14, this is Houf Learatil coming to you live from the Modell sector. There had been rumors for over a standard year that the Republic was on military maneuvers. All seemed innocent enough, raiders from the outer rim have been attacking cruisers and the military has been called in to deal with the problem.

"Upon further investigation though HBC has exclusively learned that it is more than a patrolling operation that has been going on out here."

The blond haired assistant made a little frown even as the Jedi started to retreat. After Obi-Wan had made a few steps Jira spoke up as she chased again. "So what do Jedi masters do in their free time?"

Obi-Wan strained to keep his expression neutral as he turned back to the woman. "Meditate."

"Oh." The look of disappointment fluttered across her face. She brightened slightly. "Don't you ever just take in the Coruscant sights? Sit down to a long meal."

"My time is limited."

"Take a tumble?"

Obi-Wan looked at her dryly.

The other revealed a smooth black mask with the imitation of a face. The mechanically created voice hissed. "I shall destroy him," Darth Vengier replied with relish.

"Good. He has been a thorn in my side for too long. I will not have him costing me any more time or resources." Sidious hesitated. "Brin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.