main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official RRK's AUP and sequels Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Knight_Obi, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    ::: falls out of chair laughing :::

Never thought about him that way, but that little clip will stay with me forever!

2. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Oh goodness, I can't wait! :D I love the teasers, but then again... :p They make me even more anxious for the sequel! :p :D

3. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Well according to the other board, the sequel begins on February !

Everyone join in the wave!

Weeee!!

Let's give 'er the chop!

Oooo ooo oo ooo ooooo... okay, I can't put that music into words... my bad. :)

4. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    The Fallen, never thought of who like what? :)

Good stuff, well except of course for the thing about blondes and brunettes. ;) Somehow I don't think this is going to have anything to do with my "bent", not only are there blondes and brunettes but there are two of them. LOL!

5. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Have faith naw. ;)

6. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    RRK, just out of curiosity what do you think my "bent" is? LOL! Because I don't think you take me seriously when I say I am "anti-Jedi romance". :D

7. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow......... Ok, that was just fabulous, and I can't wait for the sequel!!!

8. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Dangerous question.

One is very annoying and repels our favorite knight and the other is dead and nearly destroyed our lovely Obi-Wan.

EDIT: I will say this, I sure didn't go into this story with romance in mind...It was madness, pure madness that it happened but I just couldn't stop them.

9. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I am looking forward to AUP sequel more than the NJO Dark Journey. The teasers are great.:)

10. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    Dangerous question! LOL!! I know, that's why I asked it. :) However I never did honestly think you just put it in there to get rid of me, so no explanation necessary. :D

I have two bends, that would be I like Obi-suffering, let's just say and I don't like Jedi romances. In fact there was no one happier than me when it was revealed officially with the teaser poster and trailer that romantic love is against the Jedi oath. Absolutely thrilled because I was certain it would be, it even said so in the old drafts of the ANH script. ::evilcackle::

In fact the character that became Obi-Wan(who was then called Gen. Skywalker, Lucas liked to change his names around) actually upbraids Annikan Starkiller(who ended up being Luke and has just been discovered with a girl in a closet::ahem:: ) by saying something about his father's unfortunate inability to keep it in his trousers and then ending it with "thus your existence". LOL!

11. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Well the Jedi cannot love thing really does play a major part. That and the exploration of when is a Jedi old enough to make decisions for themself?

12. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Never.

The Green Godfather makes the decisions.

13. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    Well, I'd hope by the time he is Obi-Wan's age he would be. ;)

j/k

But I think The Fallen has a point, The Green Godfather makes all decisions. "Make an offer you can't refuse we will MMmmmm" :D (Oh my god suddenly I have visions of Yoda in a pin stripe suit and fedora with two big pin striped thugs on either side of him)

Actually what I don't get is why do people want to do it to Obi-Wan? All the time. This is purely in trying to figure out how writers' minds work seeing as I can't write.

I mean, maybe he's one of those serious, devoted Jedi who haven't had much of a problem with this particular rule, you know, just like not every Catholic priest or Buddhist lama has a big problem with it. There are even normal people who just never fall in love. He's played by Ewan and Ewan's gorgeous of course(and oh boy did he look good tonight even if those idiots didn't give him the award), but Obi-Wan, whom I love dearly, appears to be about as romantic as a rock. So why is it we can't seem to keep him out of the tangled web of romance? :) Is it just because he looks like Ewan McGregor? You don't see people putting Yoda into romances and even Mace is a rare romantic figure, even Qui-Gon isn't put into them that much although he is a more common participant. So you know, why our Obi? :D

But anyway, so long as one is annoying and the other dead... ;) LOL!

Yay!! Moulin Rouge won!!!!! Hurrah! Ah speaking of gorgeous Oh Ewan's beauteous tonight, those eyes slay me. :D :)

14. fanofewans

fanofewans Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2001
    Oh my gosh...questions..had a couple before now I have a whole load of them after the teaser. Glad this will be posted soon.

Only my luck to end up finding your stories to late to catch Unravelled prior to a reposting..now I'm tormented waiting day to day for the next parts of that too:)

Well i'm hooked if you cant tell :)

15. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Well, I guess my kind of answer to naw ibo is 'because he's young, sexy, available, and THERE'. So partly I guess because of the way Ewan portrayed him (yes, he was great last night... heh heh heh... rewind... :) ).

16. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Well honestly I don't really care for Obi romances. And I totally agree with naw ibo's assessment: but Obi-Wan, whom I love dearly, appears to be about as romantic as a rock. lol!

I definitely believe in the "warrior monk" mentality. He's married to the Order. That is first and formost everything else is a far second.

Certainly it has something to do with the fact that he looks like Ewan McGregor. It could also be the fun in putting Obi-Wan in awkward situations. Having him react to something that he is neither accustomed to or prepared for is interesting. He's always prepared for battle, prepared to figure out some sort of puzzle and ready for the difficult journey ahead. Love seems alien and it is the one thing that probably can turn his world on its side. There is no amount of training or meditating that will prepare him for love. It is an unknown factor.

As for my reasons? Trust me, in AUP2 it took a lot of thinking and going back and forth before I decided to put the "love story" in. ;)

How I justified it was it is in the past befrore he became a rock. I figure there had to be a little emotional rebellion when he was still a padawan. A little distraction that had to be dealt with.

Probably none of that made sense...

17. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    Actually that makes perfect sense, RRK. :)

(see once in a while I can keep it short and sweet) ;)

So we should look for AUP2 around the beginning of February?

18. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    So much mush h/c possibilities for Obi.I mean you have Obi/Bali,dealing with being a new master,but we still have the love of my life QGJ/OBI mush possability,especially if Xanatos is out to get OBi.Now who could ask for more?!?!I could{wish it were time to start the story]. Seems being QGJ apprentice, Obis life is like a "Double Edged Sword".PEACE Ewen

19. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    I think we've got every Obi-sadist on the entire board on here.

This is great! :)

3 MORE DAYS... I have a weird counting system.. :)

20. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.