main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official SFF Indiana Jones Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by rhonderoo, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    According to Foxnews as of December 6 Lucas was still "tweaking" the Indy IV script.

George Lucas went to New York to attend the premiere of King Kong. Lucas mentioned to FOXNews that he was devoting himself full-time to writing and producing Indiana Jones IV.

So, maybe 2006 is the year! :)

Keep on the look out here at the official LFL Indy 4 update and be sure to come here to discuss it!

[b]This thread has been designated to handle all Indiana Jones discussion from within this Forum. For those that are unaware, we also have a[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Board.aspx?brd=10265][b][color=blue]LucasFilm Projects Forum[/color][/b][/link] [b]that houses most of the Indiana Jones Discussions. While you can still discuss Indiana Jones here, you are invited to check out the many threads that are located in the LucasFilm Projects Forum. Threads like [/b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=4526660&replies=2][b][color=blue]Indiana Jones IV- A great movie, or a total disaster?[/b][/color][/link][b] or [/b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=10187870&replies=0][b][color=blue]JUST THE FACTS: Everything that is known about Indiana Jones IV[/color][/b][/link][b]. We invite you to check out that Forum as well.[/b]

:)

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Walking sticks ahoy! :p

3. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Man, they seem to be delaying this an awful lot. Last I heard I thought they were almost done with pre-production setup.

I can't wait to see it when it finally comes out.

4. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH

TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    It seems that Harrison Ford will be in a retirement home before this movie ever gets made.

If Lucas would have "tinkered" with the PT scripts as much as he has with this, we'd all be seeing the PT as teh best evar.

5. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Indeed. If he keeps 'tweaking' it, I may expire before the thing comes out. o_O

6. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    As of May 2005, IMDB has it's status as announced, plot unknown. Doesn't seem like much has changed in the intervening seven months.

7. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    They really don't seem to be in a big hurry to make this happen.

8. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    That's pretty concerning if you ask me. It suggests they either don't have the enthusiasm to really make it happen and kick ass, or don't really know what they want. Whichever it is, it doesn't feel like the recipe for a quality film.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Or it could mean they are taking their time with it to make sure they get it right. I think Ford had said that Indy feeling his age is a part of the story, or at least something the character is dealing with. In that vein, I think it would be a good idea of the target of the film is to find Shangri La, the fabled land of paradise and immortality.

10. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I'm sort of looking forward to Indy 4, sort of dreading it. I mean, I'll never tire of seeing Indy films, but I'm afraid that it won't live up to expectations and the standard set by the first three movies.

11. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    I am afraid too, but I can see this being a pretty good movie if done right. They're taking so much time with it that it better be.

12. Vyka

Vyka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    I think realistically, it's been too long I mean it's been nearly 18 years since the last film. I've always adored Harrison Ford but can't say I'm particularly looking forward to the idea of Indiana Jones and The Lost Zimmer Frame.

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I also read that Sean Connery is slated to appear. I'd really rather he didn't. Same goes for Sallah and Brody. This doesn't need to be a reunion special. Indy is the only 'recurring character' we really need.

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The fourth IJ film could be a remarkable final film that properly closes the film character. Or, it could be The Godfather III that waited decades befoer creating the third and never captured the imagination of audiences as the originals. For what it's worth, I like The Godfather III.

15. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Brody`s been dead for 13 years. I don`t see anything else on Spielberg`s agenda to come before this except his Lincoln bio and if Lucas is truly devoting all his time to it hell it could happen

16. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    [face_blush] Very true.

NO BRODY GHOSTS USING EXISTING FOOTAGE!!! I'M TALKING TO YOU MR. LUCAS!!! :p

17. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Make an online petition and I'll sign it.

18. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    I'm a bit torn over this. One one hand it's 'yay, more Indy!', but on the other it's gonna be a bit strange compared to the others. The previous three films all fit together well as they're all in the same time frame, but this one is gonna be like the odd one out or something. I'm a bit worried that even if it does turn out a great film, is it gonna really feel like a proper Indy film?

19. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I`d be up for a new person playing Indy avoids stones

Steve and George created Indy as a James Bond character and there have been several Bonds.

20. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    It's been more than ten years now since Lucas made the first official statements about Indy 4 being a goer.
    I suppose he has been a bit busy during that time though... what were those three films he did...?

:p

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    *throws stone* j/k :p

i wouldn't mind a new person playing IJ, however it'd be hard to find someone to play the role like harrison ford

22. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    As weird as I think it'll be to see a Harrison Ford in his sixties as Indy, I think it would be even more strange to see someone else in the role. To me, Harrison is Indiana Jones.

23. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, it was one thing to see Ben Affleck in Harrison's role for the prequel Tom Clancy movie (*blanks out on title*) but to see someone else play his part in Indy? [face_talk_hand] No way. I would not be a happy camper. As was said, Harrison IS Indiana Jones, IMO.

24. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    Another actor playing Indy? *shudder*

1000xNo! :p

25. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I think there`s too large of a gap in Indy`s life that needs to be shown.

They made the Nazi`s such a big rival for hunting artifacts I think we need to see what Indy was up to in WWII.

And I`m really not found of having Indy turn into an age only movie,I still cringe watching Lethal Weapon 4 (We aint too old for this ****)

I think George Clooney or Christain Bale would be good IJs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.