main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official SFF Indiana Jones Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by rhonderoo, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Christian Bale gets my stamp of approval

*gives stamp of approval*

2. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Oh, god, not Clooney. No no no no no.

I have nothing against him per se, but... not in Harrison's place.

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Why ever not!?!?!

He did such a good job with Batman! :p

4. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    *glares*

:p

He's being mentioned to take a role in a movie based off a TV series I used to watch (thought that's been "In Production" for like six years, so who knows...) and I don't want him there either. Meh. He's good in his own right, but... something about him bugs me. Not sure why.

5. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Is this going to be a prequel? Would anyone like that? If so, what would Harrison Ford's role be?

6. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    How about that Thomas Kretchsmann (sp?) guy from King Kong?

7. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    For some reason, I always thought Indy 4 would take place in the late '40s or early '50s. If so, that timeframe would fit in with Harrison's actual age.

I don't see the need for a new Indy. It wouldn't be the same.

8. Serendipity

Serendipity Guest

Indy drank from the Grail in the last movie and therefore should not have aged by the time of the 4th movie - nor ever!!!

Wonder how they're going to pull that one off!

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    The price of immortality is never to move beyond the great seal.

10. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Yeah, but one of the Knights that returned to Europe died of extreme old age, so drinking from the cup does slow down the aging process.

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i wonder what the full title would be for this. seeing as the last one was The Last Crusade

12. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I don't know that's a good question.

13. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I think the Crusade in the title was refering to the Knight's Crusade, not Indy's last adventure.

14. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    The Next Crusade ;)

15. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I can't wait for Indiana Jones 4. I don't care how old Ford is, I hope he's the main role.

16. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Well Ford is not old enough to still be doing movies. His current film, Firewall, comes out in February. That tells me he's up for the challenge of Indy 4 ... if we can ever get past the pre-pre-production stages.

17. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, but how much/often did that Knight drink from it versus how much Indy did that once?

18. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Mind a bit of speculation?

Teaser short:

Tension building music.

Camera tilts slowly up from brown shoes and reveals dirty tan colored pants. A whip coiled and a revolver holstered can be seen in the fire lit image. Then a dark brown leather bomber jacket. Then the top of a fedora that is for a brief second hiding the face underneath.

The music breaks out into the IJ theme.

The figure brings their head up and we see the figure's face. We expect to see Harrison Ford. But instead we see Natalie Portman with sweat on her brow and a bit of dirt on her face.

Screen goes dark.

-Summer Of 2007-

Teaser is at an end.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synopsis:

Indiana Jones and Fairest of Them All

The story opens with an alternative reality. The young lady mentioned above in the teaser is on the run. She wears the clothing we associate with Indy. She has the magic lamp of Arabian myths. She turns the wrong way here or there and finds herself in dire circumstances. There is simply no way out. She looks at the magic lamp. She knows the legends about such lamps. She invokes the lamp's power. The resulting Genie/Jinn grants her a wish. She vanishes just as the antagonists arrive. Interestingly enough the leader of the antagonists is a man who looks exactly like Indy. Only this Indy has an eye patch and wears expensive clothing. There is something not quite right about this Indy. He seems rather sinister. The young lady reappears in a chamber that holds a strange mirror. She may have to fight her way to the mirror. She manages to look into the mirror and steps into it. Again she vanishes.

She reappears in the body of water thought to be where the Lady in the Lake resided during the Arthur legends. She surfaces while a tour guide is giving a lecture to a sightseeing crowd. The crowd is astonished and pleased thinking this is part of the tour. Hence the Lady of the Lake rises from the water with Excal...er, uh a...lamp? She drags herself out and makes her way in our Indy's reality. She manages to find a phonebook and looks up her mother's name. Marion Ravenwood. She makes a call to Ms. Ravenwood.

The story picks back up with a normal looking Indy. No eye patch. Charming with not a sinister bone in his body. This Indy is feeling his age. Yes indeed it is no longer just the miles. It is the years. This Indy we see is the curator of the museum once under the leadership of Marcus Brody and then Henry Sr. Indy seems to have retired from globe hopping adventure. Think the retiring Admiral Jim Kirk from ST2TWOK. Instead he now hands out the globe hopping adventures to the kind of men and women he once was. In fact that is who we see him dealing with now. A young guy Indy commanded during WWII. Indy was drafted into WWII and served as an officer. This young man served under his command as a spy for the Allies. Yet their relationship goes back much further. You see the young man is a guy by the name of Short Round. The war ended and Short Round took his place as Indy's right hand man. Indy is giving Short Round a new mission. The young man leaves.

As Short Round reads over his mission plan he bumps into a pretty young lady who begs his pardon. She asks if he just left our Indy's office. He says yes. She starts to make her way to the office door. Short Round shrugs thinking the young lady is one of Indy's employees. Or if she is still wearing her IJ clothing Short Round makes mental note of it and wonders just who is this pretty girl wearing the boss's clothing? He proceeds to leave.

The young lady enters our Indy's office. The secretary is none other than a more mature Willy Scott. She is arguing with a foriegn business contact. The young lady listens to the arguement and is tickled by Scott's handling of the situation. Scott asks the young lady for her two cents worth. The young lady offers sheepishly and helps Scott win the arguement. Finally Scott and the young lady talk about the young lady's need to see our Indy. She ushers her into Indy's work spac

19. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I'm absolutely looking forward to another INDIANA JONES movie. It will be great to see Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones again. :cool:

20. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Ulkesh2 - I think that sounds really good. No new Indy face, but we're also not forced to watch Harrison Ford work himself to death running around like the Indy we're used to. And Short Round is in it. He was one of the few things I liked about ToD.

More later, please!

21. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Glad you liked that bit of speculation. I'll confess that the only other sequence I have is the big confrontation sequence near the end of the film. Here it is...

Our Indy is warned not to look into the mystical mirror. But too late he does and sees the twisted version of himself. The version of Indy with an eye patch. The evil Indy of another reality steps into our Indy's reality. The two Indys have a gun fight and then a whip fight. The evil Indy lashes out and injures our Indy badly. Our Indy's eye and cheek are cut by the evil Indy's whip. The evil Indy smiles and feels the supernatural power of the mirror at work. The evil Indy removes his eye patch and his eye is whole and healthy. Except for the fact that it glows faintly red in the gloom. He advances on our Indy. Oh what else can the evil Indy take from his goody two shoed doppelganger? That's when the evil Indy's daughter comes to the aide of our Indy. And she's not alone. Short Round having finally wrenched himself out of a hairy situation also aides his long time benefactor. The evil Indy's fate should echo what happened to Narcissicus (SIC)of Greek myth, Oscar Wilde's The picture Of Dorian Gray, and Kirk's evil twin from the classic series. Evil Indy's daughter, Short Round and Our Indy escape the 'hell' created by evil Indy. Our Indy wakes up to see with his single good eye the daughter that might have been his and the young man he 'adopted'. He thinks my they'd make a swell couple. He even in his slightly drugged stupor says as much which causes his two rescuers to look at each other and laugh nervously. Our Indy wants up and he manages to do so by himself. The young lady and Short Round told him that he has a special visitor wanting to see him. So the three walk out to the main hospital lobby. There stands Marion Ravenwood. We finally see what Short Round's earlier mission involved. He was to find a certain ring that Indy wanted to use in his often delayed marriage plan to Marion. Finally he can ask Marion for her hand. Evil Indy's daughter has finally found a father she can love. Short Round has found the one artifact that will truly bring his boss 'fortune and glory'.

The End?

Maybe not. New adventures await Evil Indy's daughter and her partner Short Round as they continue the tradition of Indiana Jones. Only now they explore more than our Indy's reality. They have a means to travel and look for strange things in other realities.

22. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    I am looking forward to it, simply because when that first teaser starts my spine will be tingling. If the actual film sucks, so be it. I''ll just ignore it, as I do with Matrix 2 and 3. The bottom line is, if there's a chance of a good Indy film, I'd like them to take a shot at it.

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'd say any teaser trailer would have my spine tingling in harmony with Paul's. As bad as the movie could be, the iconic imagery that will surely be trotted out in the trailers and advertising campaign would be 'intoxicating'.

24. jwebb1970

jwebb1970 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2005
    Ford should be IJ for INDY IV. The film needs to take place somewhere in the early-mid 1950's (to relate to Ford's age difference since Last Crusade) and the closest thing the time period has to Nazis & WWII is /are commies and the Red Scare. Maybe a crazy Rasputin-type character, bent on utilizing some supernatural power/artifact to do something bad. A bringing Indy out of retirement story may just work, but it should be the last time we see IJ in this series.

Guess we'll continue to wait & see...

25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    We will also need solid reasoning for Indy's lack of action between The Last Crusade and whatever happens in the new film, or some sort of indication that he's been at it in our absence. This can be dealt with quickly and quietly in the new film (probably the opening) but never the less it's important we are filled in on events between 'now' and 'then'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.