main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Official Star Wars Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Wonder if BB will get these in the US.

2. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    If so, I really wish they would've announced these on May 4th when I bought all of the others as they were all discounted. Ah well. Guess I'll have to stick with the Photoshop-art versions. The art on these is fantastic.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  3. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Ah that's too bad. Im an avid steelbook collector and I could have told you there was a fair chance this would happen. I believe the bonus features are the same as with the other 4k Disney releases. One 4k disc, one blu ray disc, and one bonus disc.

That is the big hope. Its a possibility. It happens a lot with a lot of zavvi releases. If so the supply would obviously go up and the price would go down somewhat.

Im a bit on the fence with these. I definitely dont think I like the art enough to spend $100 on each one. For franchises with a lot of movies I dont prefer original theatrical poster art for steelbook covers, though I usually prefer that for non franchise movies. Interestingly enough this will be the first video release that will feature original theatrical poster art for the prequels. For now I will probably stick with my UK trilogy steelbooks - the last Star Wars video release to feature roman numerals on the cover.

https://us.zavvi.com/blu-ray/star-wars-prequel-trilogy-limited-edition-steelbook/10728183.html

https://us.zavvi.com/blu-ray/star-wars-original-trilogy-limited-edition-steelbook/10728182.html

Im not above spending $100 on a steelbook. I did that with these Dark Knight Trilogy steels:

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Oh, I had no doubt it would happen. Just wasn't expecting it so soon when they could've announced it on May 4. Good to know it's the same content at least.

5. rpeugh

Apr 10, 2002
    Someone on the bluray.com forum did a mockup of what the rest of the steelbooks will look like. [mod edit: URL is not working] If Best Buy gets these the chances are maybe about 60% that I will buy all six of the Lucas movies. But right now with supplies relatively low, no release date for any of them, no official announcement on the rest of the movies, and with rumors saying that each release will be about a month apart, and with cover art that has me less than enthusiastic, kinda hard to pull the trigger on these.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2020
  6. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Only if a maclunkey reference is included in each film. :D

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. rpeugh

Apr 10, 2002
    Well, the EMPIRE STRIKES BACK steel has been revealed........ and DBPirate, lets just say that you can now rest easy with your recent 4K purchase of all six films........

As you can tell from the responses, people are not happy.